KR Drive 39 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

KR Drive 39 released

Post by Yaiba »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_39

From last week's preview I thought this will be a wacky light hearted episode, and boy was I wrong. They're really putting the pedal to the metal, I like it. I think Banno took some belt data while he's in the Pit.

I really like the dynamics between Chase and Go. They're like a comedy duo that's actually funny. It's awesome.

And kids, please don't transform inside a car.

I prefer Heart in red. Unlike Freeze or Brain, his golden form looks really strange.

They're going to intertwine with the things that happen in the movie? Cool! This is one movie that the previews actually managed to spark my interest to watch it. I hope it can meet up to the expectation.

Man they're really spamming rolling out episode titles
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Drive 39 released

Post by takenoko »

I was hoping the instructor was Morota Satoshi, but it's a different old man.

Looks like the movie and TV series are intertwined? That's great.

What was that couple talking about? They were nowhere near the beach. It's noooowheeeeree in sight.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Chase doesn't put down his birth date or sex, but lists his permanent address as the Special Cases Department

Shinnosuke is able to drive mid-size cars, mid- and large-size motorcycles, and Tridoron.

Does it seem to anyone else that Go kinda regressed? idk, it feels like his characterization went out the window this episodes. And jeeeeeezus don't put the really important iPad right where anyone could take it!
solari
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid

Post by solari »

I like the interactions between Chase and Go; hilarious at times.

So Chase lives in the SCU/Drive pit?
And Shinnosuke lives in the police dorms.

The ending was such a turn of events...
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

That's what you guys are focusing? I was more intrigued about how did Shinnosuke able to get his driver's license no so beautifully....it's 000000000001 man. And Chase turn is 0003, what a coincidence considering he's the 3rd official Rider under the Special Cases Department (Proto-Drive doesn't count since he's technically working alone at that time)

Man, now I dunno which scientist to trust. Krim is a bit secretive, but he's definitely more of a good guy but his preview in the movie seems to make him as a bad guy. Not helped when the movie seems to be tying to the series. Banno seems like a good guy that wants to repent, but his action at the end seems to suggest otherwise. Now this is killing me.....
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I loved Chase just breaking for combat in the middle of his Driver's test.

"Excuse me while I kill some robot number things." *fight* "sorry about that. where were we?"

also, with the horns being purple and all, Heart's literally just using the palette for Frieza's new form from the latest DBZ movie, right?
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Really liked this episode. Chase gave us a couple of funny moments with the driver's test (no hijinks like with Goku and Piccolo getting their licenses, but still worth a good chuckle) and Go learned a valuable lesson about leaving important things just laying around. Still not sure Banno OR Krim is trustworthy at this point, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

I have two theories about the future of the show, so I'll spoiler-tag this JUST in case I turn out to be right:

Spoiler
My figuring is that Banno is stealing Krim's Masked Rider System in order to turn himself or another of the Roidmude (possibly this mysterious 004?) into a Rider to destroy Drive, Mach and Chaser so that the Roidmude will no longer have anyone standing in their way. But we've also seen that Rinna is a genius with weapons and the Rider System and is (or will be soon) working on mass-produced belts (possibly based on the Mach Driver) for the police force at large so that they may combat the threat. I mean, she invented those boots and bullets for Kiriko that can hurt a Roidmude AND she duplicated the Mach Driver once already; I don't think it's TOO much of a stretch to think it could go this way.
Sentai_ZXR7
Infinity
Quote: Ready for the Next Challenge

Post by Sentai_ZXR7 »

@ Kamen Rider Gumo
Spoiler
your theories may prove correct, Banno is an evil and if you watched Kamen Rider Gaim, then the kurokage troops can be the other theory; Why? we are now in the last stretch, that's mean the series will end soon, the timeframe would be until the end of September this year, at the start of October Kamen Rider Ghost may start airing.
This would sound fitting, So this is an speculation

Regarding this episode, there is another strong opponent, Tornado Roidmude, but not only that, Tomari must battle a super evolved Heart.
003 or better known "Brain" needs a new body and Medic under orders of Heart must do that in the hope for a promised number, so there are two more awaiting evolution.
Everything is going over wheels, at least with much better development, lets tune the next episode and see what happens next! :)
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

Maybe its just me, but trying to tie the events of the movie into the events of the show makes everything really convoluted. As for the episode, it was alright.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

Lunagel wrote: Chase doesn't put down his birth date or sex, but lists his permanent address as the Special Cases Department
Wait, so Chase doesn't identify as male? I can understand him omitting his birthday though - even if he knows when it is, it's in the 2010s rather than the 1990s as anyone would assume by looking at him.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Digifiend wrote:
Lunagel wrote: Chase doesn't put down his birth date or sex, but lists his permanent address as the Special Cases Department
Wait, so Chase doesn't identify as male? I can understand him omitting his birthday though - even if he knows when it is, it's in the 2010s rather than the 1990s as anyone would assume by looking at him.
Well, if he's anything like the other base Roidmudes, he's not fully functional, if you know what I mean! For all his tight pants are worth, maybe there's nothing underneath!
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas

Post by Alessar »

Sooo are we chalking up the frame at 11:51 as movie tie-in?
Spoiler
Because HELLO that was KRIM in the flesh right there.

Shinnosuke should leave his hair down all the time, he looks much better.

Chase's actor continues to deliver. I mean, he's playing a stoic deadpan robot and STILL manages to be funny. That's not an easy acting feat!!
bluegreen
Infinity

Post by bluegreen »

Alessar wrote: Shinnosuke should leave his hair down all the time, he looks much better.
That's what I thought when I saw him too. He also looks better in casual clothes...but he's been wearing that same suit for nearly a year now.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo

Post by VerusMaya II »

Chase is flawless. Who cares what he identifies or doesn't as, his tight pants are a service to humanity.

In fact I love the whole crew (Rinna and Genpacchi are so good), except Go. Super excited to see more offbrand Tony Stark.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

But Chase is apparently a Ken doll. Now Data, he's a real man. Did you know he is fully functional?

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”