SHT Grand Prix: Kamen Rider Sangou released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Re: SHT Grand Prix: Kamen Rider Sangou released

Post by Victormaru »

This movie had to have the most cameo appearances ever. I'm surprised all those actors ended up making it in. I was like, "Takumi, again?!" I feel like that dude just wants to be back in Kamen Rider, lol. But yeah, the previous movie was more of a continuation of the Faiz series and now he's just in this movie just to be there. I was confused to find out that Gou (Kamen Rider Mach) dies, yet he isn't dead in the series at all. Then I found out that there's a four-episode series called "Kamen Rider 4" that you have to watch where Gou gets revived there. But that series isn't uploaded or subbed anywhere yet! I must see it now before I get back to Drive!
teku
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz, Kabuto
Type: INFP Healer

Post by teku »

A good movie. I also like the Kamen Rider 555 sound effects, crispier & better.

I wish for every cameo, their theme music/opening music is coming together as a background music, but that's not happening.
tr0jance
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Dreamy: Mayuko Arisue
Favorite Band: Loaded Diaper
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Imagination
Quote: (silently fades in shadows)

Post by tr0jance »

Where is Den-0 when all of this is happening?
kivat
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by kivat »

movie was really good this time, can't wait for the D-Video Special: Kamen Rider 4. again great work subbing.
teku
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by teku »

Sorry to ask here but why this movie's subtitle is using serif fonts?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Most of them aren't serifed. If we did, we probably used a serif font as the default for that series? Which font were you referring to?
godstriker8
Infinity

Post by godstriker8 »

The best Taisen movie, and probably the best Rider movie in general since Ultimatum.

It had a plot that wasn't an incoherent mess for once, I appreciated how they acknowledged how convoluted Sangou s plan was. I even liked how the GP part had proper foreshadowing in the beginning. But the best part of the movie was Sangou, he's so cool and even nuanced (for a one off rider). AND NO ANNOYING CHILD ACTORS!

Only negatives are how the plots rehashed from Decades Amazon world and Let's go Kamen Riders (even if this one is way better). And the Rider cameos are very niche, and mostly secondary riders to boot. Also, why didn't we get human cameos for the blade riders instead of just voices?!
teku
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by teku »

Ah, sorry for the mistake. The narration part of Kamen Rider Ichigou & Nigou is subbed with serif font. That font is nearly identical with Garo Gold Storm Shou subs font.

KR Drive & Ninninger are using sans-serifs.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's a little serifed, but I don't think it impedes the readability. I mean, as long as it's not hard to read, there's no rule saying that all fonts used in a sub should be sans serif, right?
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

I've just watched Episode 98 of Kamen Rider that aired in 1973 and did a frame-by-frame comparison with the episode above and movie below. Now I see where Ichigo and Nigo fucked up; they shouldn't have taken the path through the grass, lol. If only they had taken the road, citizens would've been happy.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Nice! Looks like Japan has turned into a desert since the 70s.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

*Has only watched the MV in this batch, as he hasn't been watching Drive* ... This is gonna sound weird, but the song sounds like it's a techno cover of the 'real' song... I dunno It just kinda, feels like it's missing some weight to the song itself, or maybe the performance... Not completely sure what I'm talking about but still :T ... Not a bad song just doesn't feel like the 'real' version of the song.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
tr0jance
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Dreamy: Mayuko Arisue
Favorite Band: Loaded Diaper
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Imagination
Quote: (silently fades in shadows)

Post by tr0jance »

Sorry if this seems like a double post but where is Den-O? I don't have anything about Deneb cause his awesome on his own rights aswell. So I guess this movie is not canon, like it happened on another universe or somethinv like that, Sangou looks badass, he have the Old Kamen Rider look, simple but great, less accessories but effective. I like the fact the highlighted Kamen Rider Black, I'm from the PH and his the first Kamen Rider I watched! (good old days). Seeing RX is nice as well, as welll as his car, if I remember correctly his the first Kamen Rider to have a car, I don't see his forms though...

Well the came from Blade are nice, I guess it's hard to get a hold of the previous actors or actresses, Decade is also not a big deal on this Movie, being he the former King or leader of Shocker, Didn't here our favorite Forze chant as well... too bad.

The Ninninger part is also unnecessary, we have Kamen Rider J, I guess they forgot about him, as well, he should have fought the History Distroyer Robot Kamen Rider lookalike.

Anyway that's my rant.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

//start rant

I have no idea why am I still hoping for Toei to actually come up with a decent plot for a Taisen movie.... *bangs head on wall* They managed to bring back previous actors and all.... why is it so damn hard for them to just make a good movie for once?!

I actually think they did a better job with last year's Taisen tho. The previous Riders actually felt more involved in the plot for last year's Taisen than this year's.... They brought back Takumi, Tachibana, Kotaro... but for the most part only have them standing around, participating in random fights while chanting some heroic lines. Only Yuuto was decently used here but I was hoping for more Den-O-time-travel-reference. Gotta love Takumi for bringing back his old hairstyle tho! Tachibana was.... meh. Had they done his whole "betrayal" thing in a Garren suit it wouldn't even matter. He has no character depth or development in this movie; his presence serves no actual purpose. One good thing: he called Blade as Kenzaki. It's been so long since anyone referenced Blade's human name (shed tears while reminiscing Blade's ending).

The Riders vs Shocker Riders clash was pretty well done, but even that quickly turned into the typical Rider vs 100000 monster mess. Why are the Shininger's here again? They still can't get over the "giant monster vs giant robot" trope. For once, I wish they will make a decent final battle where it isn't made of CGI vomit.

On the bright side, they did a good job with Sangou. So good I kinda hope they make him canon (or is he already? I mean this movie isn't entire non-canon). Love his self-conflicting sense of justice and victory, he's kinda like Kaito from Gaim in that sense. Excellent choice with the actor too. He gives me the "old school cool Rider" vibes.

Maybe instead of this Taisen kabish-mess, they can instead make a film each year that sort of serves as an epilogue to a previous Rider series? Plan early, get the older actor(s) availability, write a story that actually continues from where the series left off, incorporate current Rider in (well, it's a must!) but integrate him into the story without making it weird, ditch the Sentai and with less CGI.

//end rant
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

tr0jance wrote:Sorry if this seems like a double post but where is Den-O?.
Den-O was in the movie just not given a speaking role, if you look closely at the end battle where Shockerbot is erasing riders you can make out Sword Form Den-O just before he vanishes.

I wasn't expecting Gou to be killed off and before i came to the forums i was wondering if this would be classed as it's own separate universe, Decadeish Ending is Decadeish but personally where the ending of the Decade series left a sour taste in my mouth this ending didn't and i am looking forward to the continuation ( as i might be one of the few people who like Gou )

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”