SHT Grand Prix: Kamen Rider Sangou released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
BeetBusterRen
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Minato Youko
Favorite Actor?: Ozawa Ryota
Favorite Band: On/Off
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider Drive
Quote: Let's~ Henshin~
Type: ISFP Composer

Re: SHT Grand Prix: Kamen Rider Sangou released

Post by BeetBusterRen »

I'm just surprised that Decade's Tsukasa didn't make an appearance at all. Guess he's enjoying being a madman in Garo.
Avatar made by this awesome pixiv artist ZeruZeru
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Oh I forgot one redeeming point for me: I get to see Faiz (the real Faiz, not Decade-impostor) battling it out in speed with Kabuto. Dream came true
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

tr0jance wrote:The Ninninger part is also unnecessary, we have Kamen Rider J, I guess they forgot about him, as well, he should have fought the History Distroyer Robot Kamen Rider lookalike.
Did you miss the part where J was fighting the giant Rider robot before he was erased from history?
darkmage02 wrote:Only Yuuto was decently used here but I was hoping for more Den-O-time-travel-reference.

Maybe instead of this Taisen kabish-mess, they can instead make a film each year that sort of serves as an epilogue to a previous Rider series? Plan early, get the older actor(s) availability, write a story that actually continues from where the series left off, incorporate current Rider in (well, it's a must!) but integrate him into the story without making it weird, ditch the Sentai and with less CGI.
There was a reference to the Den-O memory time travel at the end. It's sort of ironic that the memory of Go dying and Drive and Kiriko remembering all the stuff that happened basically screwed Go from coming back.

I been meaning to talk about my ideas on to make Toei Rider and Sentai at least somewhat more tolerable but that's a different topic.

I really do love Sangou's suit because for years now, I been bitching about how Toei keeps using the old suits from the 70s especially for the Shocker kaijin creating a very dated look that doesn't need to be. With Sangou's suit, they managed to combine the old look but making modern. I wish they would do this for the older Showa series but I do understand it's probably not going to happen with the Kamen Rider themselves but maybe the kaijin.

Mach probably use his Always Mach more in this movie than he does in the entire TV series.

For most of the movie, I was getting annoyed by the fact that the Heisei Riders existed even though you don't see their enemies appear since you have the whole Rider get powers from bad guys thing. But once their kaijin showed up, I wasn't as annoyed until the Great Leader's plot. Did I miss something here with it? He builds the history changing machine to create Sangou but then he needed him to power the machine. How did he power the machine the first time? Also using a time-paradox Rider as your main source of energy is just stupid. One more thing, when the Giant Rider Robot was using the history eraser beam on the Riders and kaijin on the ground, why did it only eraser certain Riders not everyone who got hit by the beam? It was jarring to see that happen.

I just wish for one year, the main characters of Kamen Rider Taisen get to pull the betrayal or better yet, no betrayals at all because I'm sort of sick of them. And definitely no more Sentai cameos. It's already Rider-centric, but Toei wants to plug their Sentai-Rider mecha combination toy.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Phoenix512 wrote: Mach probably use his Always Mach more in this movie than he does in the entire TV series.
Agreed. Kinda makes no sense to have the superspeed ability but chooses to fight slow-mo most of the time.
Phoenix512 wrote: For most of the movie, I was getting annoyed by the fact that the Heisei Riders existed even though you don't see their enemies appear since you have the whole Rider get powers from bad guys thing. But once their kaijin showed up, I wasn't as annoyed until the Great Leader's plot. Did I miss something here with it? He builds the history changing machine to create Sangou but then he needed him to power the machine. How did he power the machine the first time? Also using a time-paradox Rider as your main source of energy is just stupid. One more thing, when the Giant Rider Robot was using the history eraser beam on the Riders and kaijin on the ground, why did it only eraser certain Riders not everyone who got hit by the beam? It was jarring to see that happen.

I just wish for one year, the main characters of Kamen Rider Taisen get to pull the betrayal or better yet, no betrayals at all because I'm sort of sick of them. And definitely no more Sentai cameos. It's already Rider-centric, but Toei wants to plug their Sentai-Rider mecha combination toy.

Now that you mention it, yes it's really weird. I was already kinda bored by the time they get to that part and didn't really bother to process much on what happened then. My guess is they're trying to be smart with the whole time-travel-paradox thing but ended up getting buried by its complexity. Lesson for Toei: if you can't be smart with the time travel, don't try to.

They keep on re-using old plots with modifications. In the last couple of years, how many time-travel-rider-betrayal stories did we get? Oh while we're at it, Drive's summer movie is time-travelling too. Yay. Is it that hard to look into the Rider's rich history and pull out something creative, different and good? Jeez.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

Question about Black / Black RX though. I've never seen those series but I know that Black RX was an upgrade in that series. This means that normally, Black RX wouldn't be able to revert to his original Black form, right? And when Black was defeated in this movie, he must've immediately gotten an upgrade to Black RX inexplicably off-camera, right?
tr0jance
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Dreamy: Mayuko Arisue
Favorite Band: Loaded Diaper
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Imagination
Quote: (silently fades in shadows)
Type: INFP Healer

Post by tr0jance »

Eternal_Winterbane wrote:
tr0jance wrote:Sorry if this seems like a double post but where is Den-O?.
Den-O was in the movie just not given a speaking role, if you look closely at the end battle where Shockerbot is erasing riders you can make out Sword Form Den-O just before he vanishes.

I wasn't expecting Gou to be killed off and before i came to the forums i was wondering if this would be classed as it's own separate universe, Decadeish Ending is Decadeish but personally where the ending of the Decade series left a sour taste in my mouth this ending didn't and i am looking forward to the continuation ( as i might be one of the few people who like Gou )
Really? Guess I need to watch it again, maybe go will revive on the DVD. The same thing with J, but really no sentai needed. They don't need to appear at all, there was kamen rider movie where there was a big bad dude, but he was eaten by the earth, another one came but they manage to defeat that by doing the all kamen rider motor cycle crash.
tr0jance
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Dreamy: Mayuko Arisue
Favorite Band: Loaded Diaper
My boom: Imagination
Quote: (silently fades in shadows)

Post by tr0jance »

Victormaru wrote:Question about Black / Black RX though. I've never seen those series but I know that Black RX was an upgrade in that series. This means that normally, Black RX wouldn't be able to revert to his original Black form, right? And when Black was defeated in this movie, he must've immediately gotten an upgrade to Black RX inexplicably off-camera, right?

Not really, when he become RX that's permanent, meaning to say he can't go back to just being Kamen Rider Black, or I missed something again. He had an american version I think. I saw that before.
hinomars19
Go Go!
Favorite Actor?: Kitagawa keiko
Favorite Band: Koda Kumi
Quote: Yui Koike is like a kitten wrapped in cotton wool eating candyfloss. This cannot be disputed. You try, I flip your table (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Post by hinomars19 »

xiiliea wrote:Shinnosuke becomes shorter when he henshins :P

Haha, fantastic.

Better movie than most in a lot of ways. Though I agree some of the cameos were less inspired or useful. Koutaro was epic as always though. And a great way to pull in both Black and RX. Ridoron and Tridoron side by side, kids *nudge nudge, wink wink*
It's plot was solid and interesting, Sangou was a good character...genuinely not the worst of these movies.

So, does the ending indicate that we are still in an alternate timeline? It's not the original, but it's not the one sangou intially created by 'killing' ichigou and Nigou either? If so, shouldn't Yuuto know that the original timeline hasn't been repaired/ restored? Not just reading newspapers and flippantly glossing over Go's death along with Kiriko and Shinnosuke?
It's obvious this is to continue in the Yongou DVD...but...I guess Yuuto hates giving out spoilers?
hinomars19
Go Go!
Favorite Actor?: Kitagawa keiko
Favorite Band: Koda Kumi
Quote: Yui Koike is like a kitten wrapped in cotton wool eating candyfloss. This cannot be disputed. You try, I flip your table (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Post by hinomars19 »

tr0jance wrote:
Victormaru wrote:Question about Black / Black RX though. I've never seen those series but I know that Black RX was an upgrade in that series. This means that normally, Black RX wouldn't be able to revert to his original Black form, right? And when Black was defeated in this movie, he must've immediately gotten an upgrade to Black RX inexplicably off-camera, right?

Not really, when he become RX that's permanent, meaning to say he can't go back to just being Kamen Rider Black, or I missed something again. He had an american version I think. I saw that before.
I think it's fair to say that the Koutaro in this movie may be based on the Decade 'worlds' premise.

Spoiler
Originally, Koutaro is Kamen Black, but he is then robbed of his powers by new villains only to have the kingstone re-powered by the sun becoming RX. It's a permanent 'upgrade'. However, In Decade, we have 2 koutarous-one lives in one world as Black, the other lives in another world as RX.

Then again, maybe this is original Koutaro and he has since overtime gained enough control over the kingstone to regain his Black form and alternate?

On the other hand he may be neither. It's not like the movie went out of it's way to say which version of any of the cameo characters we were seeing.

But, basically, ONORE DECADE!!!! That's always appropriate.

BTW, RX was what became Saban's Masked Rider. Black was never adapted :)
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

hinomars19 wrote:So, does the ending indicate that we are still in an alternate timeline?
I've noticed a lot of people are asking this question and I've wondered the same exact thing right after I finished watching the movie. The story actually does continue in three more separate episodes that are exclusive to the DVD / blu-ray releases. Everything is cannon so you can't just have Gou die and consider it some sort of non-canon, alternate universe, lol. I'm assuming Gou does get revived somehow within the Kamen Rider Yongou series before leading back into the Kamen Rider Drive series, of course. I'm still waiting for that to get subbed 'cause I feel weird watching new episodes of Drive with Gou still alive. :P
BeetBusterRen wrote:I'm just surprised that Decade's Tsukasa didn't make an appearance at all. Guess he's enjoying being a madman in Garo.
I was also surprised that Tsukasa didn't make it onto this film. I guess they had to make it how it was since the actor's schedule with the GARO series probably didn't allow him to be a part of it. I really hate when Decade is just in his suit flopping his sword around like he doesn't play a big role in the whole universe (I'm talking about Super Hero Taisen Z as well).
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Kuchiri »

I feel they filmed this before they actually got heavily into the filming of Ninninger. It just seems off. Sort of like how most Sentai Cameos feel in sentai movies.

I feel they could've cut out thirty minutes of fights, added fifteen minutes of more character building then this could've been on par with some of the recent Toei films. Minus the Ninningers of course. ((Seriously though, there's been multi-man rider kicks that took out bigger monsters))

It also needed more Deneb/Vega Form.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”