KR Drive 42 and Movie extras Released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Sanyu
Infinity
Favorite series: Drive
2nd Favorite Series: KR Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Too many to count.

KR Drive 42 and Movie extras Released

Post by Sanyu »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_42

So, it's official: Banno's the actual Big Bad of this show. If what he did last week wasn't enough, this time he corrupts Medic and shows off that not even Type Tridoron can stop him.

In addition, the guy who was supposed to be Misuzu's sweetheart really wasn't (no surprise there), and I'm starting to actually feel sympathy for the Roidmude trio. About ten episodes ago, I wouldn't be saying this, but with all the recent developments they have been getting, you can't help but feel sorry for them. Hell, even Brain starting on his road to redemption is getting to me, and that was the next-to-last thing in this episode.

Which leads to what looks like a confession from Chase to Kiriko at the very end. Are we finally starting to see a romance subplot with only six episodes left? Sanjo, don't do this to us again!

Preview:
Spoiler
So it looks like we're going to be getting Jealous!Shinnosuke, Overprotective!Gou, and Chris Peppler doing his best impression of David Kaye. If it weren't for the part with Brain siding with Team Drive, I would have though this would be a silly little filler episode.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Drive 42 and Movie extras Released

Post by Lunagel »

So are we still going for the "Heart is seeking revenge against humanity that's why he attacks humanity" angle? Because it's pretty weak sauce at this point. Just seems like if he's mad at Banno he should be mad at Banno and not humanity. I get the feeling like they actually did have a reason but they neglected to tell us. I'm still wondering why everything changed when Medic came in, because it seemed like it was there that Brain's role was reduced to comedic foil despite the fact that he'd never had such qualities before.

As we near the end, the story has gotten better in the short term, but the long term is still a mess of plot threads and holes. Not that Kamen Rider hasn't done that before, Faiz and Ryuki were pretty much throw everything at the wall and see what sticks, but it's a little disheartening to see that the stellar writing for recent seasons has taken a dive.

The Driver's License special looks like they filmed it in one take on their lunch break. There's long awkward pauses, background white noise barely disguised by music, poor Mercedes-Benz lady is trying not to laugh her ass off. I enjoyed it immensely.

Hail Krim!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't know if I think Heart is that shallow. Up to now, he's been fighting for his own reasons. He's not exactly a malicious character.

Nothing beats the pure love of a dog!
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

just want to let you know that v2 SD torrent has HD files
Xander Blaze
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W / Kuuga
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Kikkawa Koji
Favorite Band: Tetra Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Ultimate

Post by Xander Blaze »

Yep the SD torrent has HD files and it's not seeded. Can I ask what's the difference between the two vers? On data limit at the moment so yeah...if it's a minor error I might as well just watch the v1 I downloaded
天の道を往き、総てを司る!
Ten no michi o Iki, Subete o Tsukasadoru otoko!
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule over everything!

Yes, I'm back
Truthfully.
Disappeared since the end of Kamen Rider OOO
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

We used the QC script not the final script.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

So wait... after all this time Medic is really just Heart's Bitch in literal terms?

I'm liking how this final arc is shaping up though. There's one true badguy and the rest is just grey.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Ugh, that was distasteful.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I know I already compared last week's episode to a soap opera, but this week's episode is even more applicable. Love, death, and a cruel cliffhanger ending.:P

In any case a good episode all-around. Banno's plots are enjoyably complex and Medic got some good character moments. Which on that note it surprises me just how different her actress looks dressed up as Medic versus the civilian. If you told me they were played by different people, unless I looked very hard I'd likely agree with you.

Anyhow, though Medic had some good moments I can't feel that there's a (hopefully inadvertent) mixed message here. The story revolving around the dog was an interesting twist, but Medic's personality is similarly derived from a dog? I gather they were trying to go for something deep yet simple. Instead what we get is that Medic is a dog - loyal and dumb - which is a terrible message on so many levels.
Sanyu wrote:In addition, the guy who was supposed to be Misuzu's sweetheart really wasn't (no surprise there), and I'm starting to actually feel sympathy for the Roidmude trio.
We'll see how things go, but since everything is pointing to them not being destined to be the big bad of the season, perhaps there will still be some latitude for them to turn a new leaf?
Lunagel wrote:Hail Krim!
Krim for president, 2035!
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

Lunagel wrote:So are we still going for the "Heart is seeking revenge against humanity that's why he attacks humanity" angle? Because it's pretty weak sauce at this point. Just seems like if he's mad at Banno he should be mad at Banno and not humanity. I get the feeling like they actually did have a reason but they neglected to tell us. I'm still wondering why everything changed when Medic came in, because it seemed like it was there that Brain's role was reduced to comedic foil despite the fact that he'd never had such qualities before.

As we near the end, the story has gotten better in the short term, but the long term is still a mess of plot threads and holes. Not that Kamen Rider hasn't done that before, Faiz and Ryuki were pretty much throw everything at the wall and see what sticks, but it's a little disheartening to see that the stellar writing for recent seasons has taken a dive.

The Driver's License special looks like they filmed it in one take on their lunch break. There's long awkward pauses, background white noise barely disguised by music, poor Mercedes-Benz lady is trying not to laugh her ass off. I enjoyed it immensely.

Hail Krim!
Wow. I never thought I come upon a post that I fully concur with.

After the arc with Freeze, Brain, and Tomari, these few episodes are a let-down and I do mean down. I get the feeling the conflict of the Drive movie would be stronger, but even that feels weak if I think what I think of the movie's premise.

After a brief scene of 002 being "tested" by Human.Banno, based on this, this is indeed a weak enemy motive for ushering as fast as possible the "Promised Number" for what... explosions... yay...? I mean if it takes one cruddy human to have his view to "subjugate all humans" then why then another (Tomari) or hell even more (his friends and department) can't change his mind. Hell, Tomari showed chivalry and fair play, IN FRONT OF HEART. There isn't any more of a erase old reasons than this.

I am not even sure why Heart keeps emphasizing the promised number, or even how that is deduced. This seemingly came out of nowhere, from Freeze, with no explanation. And I sure hope that the mystery behind 004 is shown soon - or if that is just a movie thing. Why must Belt.Banno insist on Medic? What is so special about her? And if it is that easy to get 006's core out, why can't Deus-Ex.Banno do the SAME DAMN THING? This is virtually a mess. fruitpad.Banno wasn't even explained either. And there is no need for humanoid.Banno if he can Japanese hentai fly his way though his foes.

Also, what about the quote that Chase still has a purpose Brain? When are you going to usher that trump card instead of being an official wimpy recluse?

It seems like Drive is now taking the final leg into a badly managed rush hour traffic with all cars of the stage getting in the way and causing a mess or wreck to navigate through...
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Renigami wrote:I am not even sure why Heart keeps emphasizing the promised number, or even how that is deduced. This seemingly came out of nowhere, from Freeze, with no explanation.
The Promised Number was mentioned very early on in the series (episode 4 or something), never mentioned again, and brought up again when Freeze appeared. I agree that it was handled poorly, but it wasn't coming out of nowhere.
Renigami wrote:Why must Belt.Banno insist on Medic? What is so special about her? And if it is that easy to get 006's core out, why can't Deus-Ex.Banno do the SAME DAMN THING?
I think because he need to get control on an ultimate evolution, and Medic is the closest and easiest to get his hands on. And do the same thing on what?
Renigami wrote:Also, what about the quote that Chase still has a purpose Brain? When are you going to usher that trump card instead of being an official wimpy recluse?
Chase's purpose was to kidnapped the high school student Karasawa Yukari in episode 36 when they're trying to frame the Special Cases Department, so people will think all Kamen Riders are evil. It's already said and done. There's no other special purpose for Chase.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

Yaiba wrote:And do the same thing on what?
Easily extract Medic's 009 and become the Roimude himself when his end purpose is to force an evolution, one way or another. Tenticle.Ex.Machina Hentai is a bit overdone and unexplained.
Yaiba wrote:It's already said and done. There's no other special purpose for Chase.
Then, there isn't any other purpose for Brain? I guess Chase is demoted to the usual sixth ranger extra... I do remember that sequence of getting Chase to be put in a state of rescue, mistaken for kidnapping. The connection isn't as prominent (for me).

It seems to me that unlike Gaim or Fourze, Drive will not end strongly, and more or less mimic Ryuki of an against creator dispute (the protagonist side versus Banno). I don't think there can be anyway for the series to be on the same high note as it was during Freeze's arc, as it is mentioned in this thread that the premise of Heart is a bit weak and one-dimensional.

I don't think there is any other special note of what the Global Freeze is other than what is shown in the first episode. Explosions... woo? And how can a number of 108 Roimudes be shown to be a much bigger global force than what they are? (yeah Japan footage and scenes...) but 108 isn't a large number, even spread globally though the dense populated cities. I expected each of them to Tenticle.Ex.Machina humans to digital form or borgifiy them. Hell the use of Roimudes through the internet though devices can play. Show a picture of Googpple-like's irobotphone app and then show a tenticle coming out and dig into the human's brain and bam! Big Bad Humanborgs! Or brainless slave of the 108 Roimudes out there as the Roimudes themselves now can announce them to be the herald of human emotions rather than humans themselves, freeing them of that turmoil. That would be a better conflict to fight for! (or disintegrate like failed Orphnoch assimilation attempts).

But I think Drive is a bit of a missed opportunity of a second chance of human emotion impetus.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I love the scene at the end where Brain feels sorry for Medic. Not only does it give the Roidmudes an extra level of characterisation, but means Brain isn't just a bumbling moron as well.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

The difference between Krim's normal voice and his Belt Voice is so funny to me. Talking normally, evil villain speech blah blah, then Good Luck!
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

I just wish they would have explained more about the Promised Number like is it just to gather ultimate evolution roidmudes and to start a global freeze? Or is there something more to it.

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”