KR Drive 46 Released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

How did you find this episode?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:09 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
70%
☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 20
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: KR Drive 46 Released

Post by Catastrophe »

Try make it a Trope Take. You'll probably get away with it.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

At least they didn't do some post-CG job like they did for TOQ Rainbow for Mach Chaser.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Agree with everyone else on how cheap the Mach Chaser suit looks, but damn the Banno-bashing was the highlight of the episode for me. Everything else felt.... intermediate? I didn't feel the same intensity and hype that I felt when Gaim was this close to the finale. I like that Go was the one who beat Banno instead of Shinnosuke, but Sigma being the big bad is kinda boring. Can't bring myself to like or hate something that was just born. I mean it didn't even have a choice! It was programmed to destroy... poor Sigma :(

Strangely, I felt more for Chase's death in this episode than the last. Guess all that Go-realisation and Kiriko's crying and mourning got the impact kicking in. Medic's death is more like .... "eh?".... to me. I'm sad that she has to go but it didn't give me all the feels like Brain's did.

Seriously tho, whoever worked on the previews for the last few episodes did a crappy job. Giving away all the spoilers and what to expect from upcoming episodes. I would perhaps feel the impact from the deaths and so on had I not see them coming a week earlier.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

I'm actually really excited to see Shinnosuke and Heart beat the crap out of each other next episode in true CROWS Zero fashion.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Really liked chase's fight, yeah the suit was very improvised, but the fight was good. on other stuff, i think that sigma should not be seen as the main bad guy, to me it is like those:
Villain: Behold as I awaken the ultimate weapon.
*good guys kill the villain*
Villain: it's too late! it is awake hahahahaha....*dies*(or sometimes it kills the bad guy itself)

so they got to fight an extremely powerful being that is on a rampage, that is more like a tool than a character per se.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Phoenix512 wrote:At least they didn't do some post-CG job like they did for TOQ Rainbow for Mach Chaser.
Actually, you've got a great point there Phoenix. I imagine we would have definitely complained about that as well.
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Dang. People are dropping like flies. Getting more and more emotional. The final episode will be epic.

"Once a HEARO dies, he is revived?"
Ryou-kun
Gao
Favorite series: Shin Megami Tensei
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Persona!
Quote: I am thou, and thou art I..."

Post by Ryou-kun »

eijiman wrote:Villain: it's too late! it is awake hahahahaha....*dies*(or sometimes it kills the bad guy itself)
To be fair, what happened between that made it all too satisfying.

Spoiler
Seeing how he's dragged down from the height of his so-called grandeur into a groveling fool begging for mercy. Go has none for him. Fuck you, Banno, you deserved it.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

So once Go used Chase's Signal Bike, I was pretty excited. The resulting form has to be badass right? And it WAS badass....it just didn't look the part. I seriously didn't think they would be THAT lazy. Still...it served it's purpose. And like I said a few episodes back, Banno is one dimensional, but he's fucking batshit insane and that's all he needs. It was EXTREMELY satisfying to watch him get beat by the one person that he's been calling a failure all this time.

Medic's death was....meh. They probably needed something to piss Shinnosuke and Heart off, but it just seemed so.....blah. It looked like Sigma was charging up a blast to kill Shinnosuke and then Medic shows up and.....Sigma stops??

Speaking of Sigma, was anyone else thinking of Mega Man X a lil? Sigma....*sigh*. What is it with Kamen Rider and making the final boss a Space Flea from Nowhere? Okay it's not QUITE as often, but it's still kinda kills things when it happens.

Here's to hoping that Heart vs Drive is epic. They've been building it up almost all season.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

darkmage02 wrote:Seriously tho, whoever worked on the previews for the last few episodes did a crappy job. Giving away all the spoilers and what to expect from upcoming episodes. I would perhaps feel the impact from the deaths and so on had I not see them coming a week earlier.
Gotta agree. Would have been better if we hadn't been told "Chase DIES!".
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

You gotta give the kids an episode to let go of the character. It'd be too dramatic if a character died unexpectedly!

Game of Thrones + Kamen Rider?
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

If it had been me, who made the previews, the one in which chase dies would have been called Hero's requiem Go's goodbye (not sure if in japanese is the same that go was going to die, or that he was going to say goodbye to someone), and the preview would have been Banno lifting the axe to kill go, and then Machine chaser running towards. to give the idea that Go was going to die. i think it would be a good trolling.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

No one is going to point out that Dead Heat Mach is literally Drive's chest piece on Mach's body with the spoiler placed upside down on the chin? Why is anyone surprised that the Mach/Chase combination would have a similar look?

Probably the best way to kill a bad guy, use a weapon who had a comedic gimmick to add some extremely dark humor in an execution.

Omega is very underwhelming.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

I feel like Mach-Chaser was purposely half-assed in appearance because it wasn't really a final form but an unstable "just once" powerup.

I also am displeased the Chase was killed to further Go's manpain. (Can you fridge a mechanical lifeform? It sort of felt along those lines.) I do like that Go admitted that Chase's cardinal virtue was his kindness. I'm super disappointed he didn't get to ultimate evolve in a positive way. I really hope that actor pops up in something else I get to see. (The fruit snack bar owner from Gaim just showed up in the Death Note drama...)

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”