KR Drive 47 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Rating

Poll ended at Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:41 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
8%
No votes

Total votes: 24
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Drive 47 released

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Drive_47

Previous episode average: 4.65 / 5 (20 votes)

I'm really pleased with this ending. I'm glad there wasn't a forced fight between Drive and Heart, since that feels like it would be a betrayal to the lessons that they learned throughout the series.

That's awesome, we meet human Chase!

Overall, it's what I like best. A final fight, then a good epilogue that describes all the things that happen to the heroes. Even if it's stupid, it feels good and right.

The only thing that I will never approve of is Chase and Kiriko not ending up together. Tomari and Kiriko are best partners, but she's clearly in love with Chase!

4 Stars
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: KR Drive 47 released

Post by Yaiba »

Expectation setting : If you're expecting something epic in this episode, don't, because they aren't any. It's one of those "the heroes live happily ever after" type endings.

I'm disappointed that they robbed us of the fight between Shinnosuke and Heart. I know Shinnosuke didn't want to fight and it's heartwarming that they became real friends in the end, but that could happen after the fight. They haven't been building up this Roidmude vs Human fight all series but that's never going to happen.

Basically, three things happened in this episode, everything else doesn't matter.
1. Shinnosuke met KR Ghost on his way to the afterlife
2. Heart died
3. Belt-san locked himself up in a hole. (And I'm pretty sure the hole will be reopened in the movies)

Sounds a bit harsh. Not that I don't like the heartwarming of Heart making the first human friend, or Belt-san's emotional farewell speech, it's just kind of plain for an ending, especially when the finally fight was no where near epic. Go's fight with Banno was 10 times better than with Sigma.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

The preview last week made me dread a forced fight between Shinnosuke and Heart. There simply isn't enough there to justify it.

Krim must love the Megaman X games. In the year 20XX, a Chase will probably be revived into a world where Roidmude infected by the Banno Virus are attacking both humans and peaceful Roidmude. To combat this new threat, Chase must seek out the Shift Cars that Krim sealed away in various locations.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

So.. why did Medic off herself? Drive still got his butt kicked the same as before so, it's not like anything changed.

Also, the last third felt like an expy of the Kuuga/Agito epilogues just without the heart behind it.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo

Post by VerusMaya II »

Eh, it was the best ending they could've written with the state of the plot and the time they had left. Though I'm really not liking this trend of saving the Real Final Aired Episode for something else (Gaim's movie wrap-up/tie-in, and now this Drive/Ghost crossover). Save the damn episodes for the actual plot, thanks.

Human Chase though oh my god ;_;
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:So.. why did Medic off herself? Drive still got his butt kicked the same as before so, it's not like anything changed.

Also, the last third felt like an expy of the Kuuga/Agito epilogues just without the heart behind it.
Medic didn't kill herself she gave everything she had to heal Shinnosuke so he and heart could beat Sigma.
Spoiler
So Chase is back in the next episode? That makes his death seem useless.
Last edited by Go-On Macaroni on Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Preview talk goes under spoiler tags.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

She vaporized her core voluntarily, I'm plenty sure that equates to her killing herself...
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:So.. why did Medic off herself? Drive still got his butt kicked the same as before so, it's not like anything changed.

Wasn't Medic already severely injured? She used the last of her power to heal Shinnosuke. She would've died anyway.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Yes, I know she was injured; that doesn't change what I was getting at.
My point was just that they played her death like some big moment, that Drive was gonna be empowered by it and "You will feel the strength of our Overdrive!".. but then the next episode starts up and it didn't do much... Drive needed Heart's help just like before. So I didn't see the point, It felt like a waste, just done for artificial drama.

And before anyone asks, no I wouldn't want her kept alive either, just ask Faiz how bunk that would be; I just wish how this scene was executed didn't feel so half-assed.
MrRed13
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Decade/Faiz/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Garo/OOO/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Tsukasa Kadoya
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Shuu
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Possibilities
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start." - Kaito Kid
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by MrRed13 »

I actually liked. Yes, i would have prefered to have a REAL final fight or some hope for the roidmudes but it was good. Heart expressing his emotions of being the ast one and the fact that he adknowledge shinnosuke as his friend(and all the tears that made me remember Kiba from faiz T-T). But even being a "passive" ending, it feels kinda forced, just a bit fast.
"Oh... im the destroyer of worlds".
"Hey, do you know? when you have a dream... sometimes its really painful... and sometimes you get really fired up. Or so i hear. I don't have a dream. But, you know, I can protect dreams."
BeetBusterRen
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Minato Youko
Favorite Actor?: Ozawa Ryota
Favorite Band: On/Off
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider Drive
Quote: Let's~ Henshin~
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by BeetBusterRen »

So.....they pulled an Eiji/Ankh ending with Gou and Chase.
Avatar made by this awesome pixiv artist ZeruZeru
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I couldn't get into this episode. I get what the writers were trying to do at points, but in the end it didn't resonate with me.

Why did all of the Roidmude have to die? Brain, sure. Even Medic. But killing off every Roidmude, including Heart? I guess it was meant to be tragic, but it sort of feels like they just needed the villains wrapped up at any cost. And you just know they're going to be back for the team-up movie...

And I feel Yaiba is spot-on with the whole failed build-up here. The entire concept of a final fight between Heart and Drive was dumb because both had recently come to understand each other (and at times Heart was being outright stubborn). On the other hand you just spent most of the last year hyping up the fight that never happened. It put the writers into a corner, and their solution doesn't feel satisfactory. And the same goes for Drive + Heart vs. Sigma. It was a lousy CGI-heavy fight. Go vs. Banno was a much better fight all-around.

Actually if you want to talk about build-ups without payoff, one only needs to look at Otta + Rinna. That just never really went anywhere, and the text at the end doesn't move it any further.

Also, they overdid it with the rain machine. I mean really, really overdid it. That was the "super typhoon in June setting". It was to the point where it was distracting.

Better than Wizard, worse than W.

Meanwhile, does anyone else find the Ghost scene a bit off-putting? This is the final story line episode of Drive, meanwhile there's a whole special episode next week devoted to him and Drive. It cheapens this episode a bit, and it makes me wonder if Toei holds Drive in such low regard that they are willing to sacrifice Drive to promote Ghost.

Finally, a quick question for takenoko and crew. What other Drive media is left? There's the summer movie and the team-up. Were there any more specials ala Type Zero?
Last edited by ViRGE on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

We've still got to do Yongou and there's teh special Type Tokujou episodes that came with the blu-rays that we need to get to eventually.
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

I'm actually curious as to when the Type Zero episodes take place. I haven't seen any of them yet.

And yeah, Ghost's appearance was unnecessary. Gaim's appearance at the end of Wizard made more sense and had some thought put into it rather than just, "Hey, let's figure out a way to fit Ghost into a small scene".
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

So nothing about Krim's special program from Banno. I think it was supposed to be tied to the movie, but seeing how the events from the movie and from the series are contradicting each others, then I guess it's not, or maybe it's the one of the writers that just didn't cared (or didn't know) about that.

Movie spoilers (taken from the previews shown during the opening in the summer.) Read it at your own risk.
Spoiler
Just in case you're wondering, it's something that was seen in the movie previews that was shown during the opening during summer and it involved something similar to what Gou did with Banno (with the exact same weapon).

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”