Kamen Rider Yongou Released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Rating

Poll ended at Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:34 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
82%
☆☆☆☆
14%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
5%
No votes

Total votes: 22
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Kamen Rider Yongou Released

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, but none of the time travel stuff makes sense if you think about it too much XD
KamenRiderKaibo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto

Post by KamenRiderKaibo »

takenoko wrote:Yeah, but none of the time travel stuff makes sense if you think about it too much XD
Well, that's true. Especially how Drive can change the future in the Sangou movie :lol:
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

KamenRiderKaibo wrote: Under the "History" section, it says "In the D-Video Special: Kamen Rider 4, Takumi died sometime after 555's ending. "
Under the "Note" section, it says "He, alongside all his friends except for Kaido, died in the ending of Faiz, and was only revived due to the history alteration machine."

So Takumi died after the main boss fight, and was revived again (by the history machine or Orphnoch experiment, as what Takeneko claimed). But it was never shown or mentioned explicitly about this.
1) Never been shown or mentioned means it hasn't been proved to happen.
2) It wasn't said that the Shocker history machine revived him. A machine that rewrites history doesn't revive anything, it prevents it from dying. Presumably, in this alternate time line, Takumi doesn't die after his fight and doesn't degrade like Orpenochs do for whatever reason.

takenoko wrote:It's been my longstanding theory that Takumi explicitly dies on camera at the end of Faiz. Don't believe me?
I know it's super heavily implied that's what happened, and that is my personal take on the last scene, but it doesn't happen on screen and hasn't been confirmed by anyone, so it is still considered speculation.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I mean, my theory is that he dies when he closes his eyes the final time.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

I agree with Take I think Takumi died during that scene for the final episode
PkmnChmp5
Go Go!
Favorite Band: Kamen Rider Girls
Quote: "I can think of no sadder creature in this world than a man unable to inspire a little jealousy. Eh, Tiz?" - Ringabel (Bravely Default)

Post by PkmnChmp5 »

Please tell me I'm not the only one who heard the Ring of Honor opening theme during Drive's fight with Hiruchameleon (begins at about the 13:25 mark).

I knew I had heard that song before, but it took me a while to place it.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Guess this video is really fitting to be called Kamen Rider Yongou. He is the main pillar that moves the story all along. And no, i'm not talking about that military suited Rider. I'm talking about the 4th Rider in Heisei era. A suitable explanation to a series that has a loose ending overall.

Heck, watching Faiz makes me wish Toei would allow a KR series to have an ending similar to Faiz or Blade again. The Neo-Heisei all usually have a happy ending that tends to be wrapped up at the end, or in the Movie Wars film.
hinomars19
Go Go!
Favorite Actor?: Kitagawa keiko
Favorite Band: Koda Kumi
Quote: Yui Koike is like a kitten wrapped in cotton wool eating candyfloss. This cannot be disputed. You try, I flip your table (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Post by hinomars19 »

toni2212 wrote:Guess this video is really fitting to be called Kamen Rider Yongou. He is the main pillar that moves the story all along. And no, i'm not talking about that military suited Rider. I'm talking about the 4th Rider in Heisei era. A suitable explanation to a series that has a loose ending overall.

Heck, watching Faiz makes me wish Toei would allow a KR series to have an ending similar to Faiz or Blade again. The Neo-Heisei all usually have a happy ending that tends to be wrapped up at the end, or in the Movie Wars film.
I thought Gaim was pretty brave in it's ending; not exactly conventional.

Nice catch on Faiz being the 4th Hesei Rider. :D
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

hinomars19 wrote:I thought Gaim was pretty brave in it's ending; not exactly conventional.

Nice catch on Faiz being the 4th Hesei Rider. :D
Oh yeah, Gaim's ending is not exactly conventional. But other than Gaim, other Neo-Heisei tends to go the happy ending

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”