KR Drive 48 released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Rating

Poll ended at Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:09 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
67%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
5%
No votes

Total votes: 21
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Re: KR Drive 48 released

Post by chronoxiong »

Yeah I enjoyed this episode much more than the previous one. This one, Ghost's appearance makes sense and makes for a logical crossover into his own series. I am now excited to see what his show is all about. And that puppet. Lol. Back to Drive, that was a fitting closure for Shinnoske to see him cope with not being a Rider anymore and then taking over the department. Was hoping to see him hook up with Kiriko too but I guess not.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Well, they may not have shown it on screen, but they did outright state that they get together eventually.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Can't show adults kissing in a kids show!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote:Well, they may not have shown it on screen, but they did outright state that they get together eventually.
Noooo! I don't want to believe it!!!!

I like how the epilogue text for Kiriko is just that she popped out a baby. Thanks for being there, babe.
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

Overall Drive's been a pretty fun ride. Some of the more wacky moments didn't always gel with me but I could totally get behind the serious stuff. Shinnosuke was a character I felt I could care about, so that's certainly a win in my book! Until Movie Wars, my policeman friend...

And I tried to give it the fairest trial that I could. I patiently waited right until the last episode before making any final judgement, but now I can officially reveal: the award for Most Pointless Shift Car Ever goes to...

AMAZING CIRCUS!!!

They may not have been used for tire changes either but Burning Solar, Colourful Commercial and, yes, even Deco Traveller all managed to serve a purpose. What use did Amazing Circus have? It created a stage for Mach to pose on during his debut. That's. About. It.

Stop grinning at me like that, Circus. You did nothing. :x
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

Catastrophe wrote:Great episode. Ghost didn't need to be there, but even there he didn't intrude too much and seems like a bro, which gives me hope.

I think the best thing about this is that it gives closure to Shinnosukes character. He forgoes Ghosts 'miracle' and just shoots the guy. Fantastic finish.
Not only that, but he PINPOINTS his aim and shot on the gun the culprit was holding, WHILE Kiriko was in close proximity. I know Shinnousuke's very well aim was shown before with Nira, but he does indeed deserve the title of ace cop.

I wondered why Kiriko and Shinnousuke's text description wasn't shown at the end of 47, but with the notes here, I agree with others that this isn't a "special" episode, but a REAL final episode to Drive.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

This crossover episode was so neatly done, the Movie Wars should take a pointer or two here. This is how you cross two Rider stories without all the different dimension/time travel/alternate reality crap.

Tho Drive's story ended for me on episode 47, this epilogue swoop in like a warm little dessert which I feel carries the show to a delicate end. Drive has been a show that is hard to love or hate but it did have its moments, and for that, I had a nice ride.

Moving on, I'm really psyched for Ghost.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:
Lunagel wrote:Well, they may not have shown it on screen, but they did outright state that they get together eventually.
Noooo! I don't want to believe it!!!!

I like how the epilogue text for Kiriko is just that she popped out a baby. Thanks for being there, babe.
Kiriko is the one aspect of the show that got weaker as time went on. :? She got her kick-ass boots and then she was just sort of a plot device.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

That's like one of the unwritten rules of Rider. The most important non-Rider character is a plot device. There's no avoiding it.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

it was a neat ending episode. ghost seems to be a cool guy, with much more personality than Shinnosuke, it looks promising.
Vashiev20
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: DekaYellow
Favorite Band: One ok rock
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Dont touch my taco, Im gonna touch your taco
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Vashiev20 »

This was a nice ending that didnt cheapen any of the previous episodes. No body got brought back to life, people who left town in the last episode didnt magically return to help out.

as for the actual crossover itself, im glad they did the "Same Universe" thing again. while it somewhat it makes sense a little for it to be an alternate universe in the crossovers, what with all the magical amnesia invovling anything that happened in the previous series (i understand the "new town" thing, but its all in japan. Nozama Tomoko from Fourze cant be the only one who connects the dots.) so yeah, im glad they did the crossover the way they did. to me the last decent one like it was the ending to OOO where Kengo was walking on the street clicking the switch
Akari
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Faiz/Ryukendo
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Yuria Haga(Mari/Mio)
Favorite Actor?: Shouma Yamamoto
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu!!
Quote: Ultimate Ryukendo! Raijin!

Post by Akari »

Vashiev20 wrote: as for the actual crossover itself, im glad they did the "Same Universe" thing again. while it somewhat it makes sense a little for it to be an alternate universe in the crossovers, what with all the magical amnesia invovling anything that happened in the previous series (i understand the "new town" thing, but its all in japan. Nozama Tomoko from Fourze cant be the only one who connects the dots.) so yeah, im glad they did the crossover the way they did. to me the last decent one like it was the ending to OOO where Kengo was walking on the street clicking the switch
I always liked how Agito handled it. Everybody remembers the Grongi but it doesn't have anything to do with the current threat. A spiritual sequel instead of a direct one.

Thanks to guile_bio for his help with the sig and gif

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”