KR Chaser released

I'm a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine
Forum rules

Kamen Rider Drive Wiki Link

< Gaim | Drive | Ghost >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:27 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆☆
70%
☆☆☆
10%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 10
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Re: KR Chaser released

Post by Fat D »

Really seemed a bit "mature" for a kids' movie.
Dangit, Krim. Stop teasing us with a present-day Proto-Drive.
Weird... I thought Chase had his human body already in Episode 0. But it might just be my mind extrapolating there.
ANd yeah. Tons of out-of-character moments. but I liked the story in general. More Chaser is always enjoyable.
godstriker8
Infinity

Post by godstriker8 »

Not even a big fan of Drive, but I really liked this. Chase is a much more interesting character than any of the other riders, which is probably why I liked it more than the main show.

Accel is awesome, but his HENSHIN! call was less intense then I remember. I think this is the first time a kid was mentioned between him and Akiko?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yup, the kid stuff is the latest breaking news from the Terui household. What's fitting (and bit poignant) is that he names his daughter partly after his late sister. Still one of the most chilling deaths of an innocent in recent Heisei.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

I forgot about Haruna being Terui's sister name. I thought it was more about a season motif (Haru from Haruna mean spring while Aki from Akiko mean automn).
Oh, and the Osaka's accent. I don't think it was neccessary, but it's probably just a lovers' joke.
PkmnChmp5
Go Go!
Favorite Band: Kamen Rider Girls
Quote: "I can think of no sadder creature in this world than a man unable to inspire a little jealousy. Eh, Tiz?" - Ringabel (Bravely Default)

Post by PkmnChmp5 »

I have to say I really enjoyed this. Now how much of this is my Chase bias, I don't know. :)

The Roidmudes were really well developed characters & it was nice to get more of them here. Plus Super Mashin Chaser looks AWESOME. I still don't understand why Roidmudes bleed like that when they're robots. I guess it's to make them as indistinguishable from humans as possible.

Also, this is completely unrelated, but I was hoping the subbed MVs for Girls be Ambitious and/or Next Stage would be released with this. I don't know why. Maybe because 2 of the KRGS where in it (if only briefly). It made sense in my head...
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I'm kind of disappointed for all the reasons Take already mentioned. For me, Chase was the only likable character for most of the series (Heart and Medic warmed in the last few eps). He's also the only Rider with decent looking armour. On his own with the Roimude would have been enough, but they had to keep adding annoying gags with the other cast. Krim, you don't need shades to view the eclipse, you don't have any real eyes. And the sitting scene literally made me gag, it was so horribly overdone. Plus, I almost felt like Moffat was involved with how many times they retconned/contradicted the show.

It was kind of nice to see Terui again, but I could've done without his trademark William-Shatner-as-a-Rider hensin call or seeing him become Kamen Rider Joke at all, for that matter. As a Kabuto fan, it was funny the first time, but Accel being intended as a gag kind of ruined him for me. Plus, if they were going to reunite/recognise Rider cops, then they should've also brought in G4.The border incident was funny enough, but should've really been a standalone special case. I could've enjoyed it a lot more that way, instead of constantly thinking "Hey, humans! Stop hogging the spotlight like you always do! I'm here to see Chase, not you."

That said, the Chase story itself was pretty good, even though "I want to be human" was an overdone concept. That and hearing him quote Pinnochio... really?? I guess had this been a miniseries, I would've enjoyed her more. But anyway, I like how Chase's motivations to be human were because he hated being called a doll and he wanted to help the boy. Angel was an interesting villain, although I'm still not sure how much I like her. It was also nice to see them putting some effort into Heart... And Brain's sombre confession about being a coward was an excellent touch.

In all, for my least favourite Rider series (unless you count Hibiki as a Rider series), this was pretty good. Kill the stupid gags and cut back on all the human cast scenes, and we'd have Take's solid hour and a 5 fom me. But the multi-minute spit scene on loop alone dropped this to a 4.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>I could've enjoyed it a lot more that way, instead of constantly thinking "Hey, humans! Stop hogging the spotlight like you always do! I'm here to see Chase, not you."

Yeah! Stop focusing on the humans in the Transformers movies, Michael Bay! It's supposed to be about the robots!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So I finally got around to watching this. It's been sitting on my desktop for a while and just kept forgetting/too busy.

Shit was cash. Chases actor is amazing. The contrast to being robotic and to human is great. It's a touching movie as well. I mean the combat doesn't really happen until the last third but the plot was good enough that it didn't matter. They could have had no violence and I still would have enjoyed it.

This is why I'm a big fan of Sanjos writing. It's tight as fuck and he uses this, what would be a cash in spin off to give his characters real depth and expand on them.

The side bit with Terui was great as well. I love the police stand off. Teruit was boss as always as Accel and that part at the end talking to his daughter legitimately put a smile on my face.

If they do future V-cinemas on popular rider characters, this is the route to go down. The Gaim ones were okay, but this one was on another level.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Hope you enjoy Drive Saga Heart and Mach: the search for more money~
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

While I was hopeful because the Heart Part is written by Sanjo, I've read the plot synopsis and I don't think that either of them will have as much heart (hehehehe) as Chases did.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, the second Gaim Gaiden was also disappointing as well. The time difference and whatnot makes me skeptical of the quality this second Drive Saga will have.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

just watch this movie after it just stay inside my computer for months.
i'm quite surprised & pleased about the movie. the main story about chase want a human heart is good. although yeah, i agree that almost all the human scenes kinda unnecessary & out of character a bit.
Mami Yamasaki / Kaze no Shizuka from Boukenger acting is way above her acting in Bokenger. she becomes much better & i like it when the scene close up to her eye, when she kinda say something "psycho". she did it well in that i think. and yes, she still attractive as usual thou :D
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko

Return to “Kamen Rider Drive”