Ninninger 01 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 01 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_01

Oh man, that was pretty exciting. So many good ideas and references to Japanese cultural. I'm in love, of course!

That said, it seems like the characters aren't as strong as Shinkenger (to me at least). The Igasaki siblings' voices are both kind of annoying to hear. It hasn't been this bad since Tatsuya's from Rescue Fire. It's just awkward and grating.

Oh man, Kitsune mask. So creepy and awesome. She has a kanji on her shuriken too? How mysterious. Hope she turns into a Ninninger at some point.

Man, that chainsaw monster is cool looking. I think I spotted K-SuKe's name in the character designs. He did the ones for Kyouryuuger too, and they're great.

Love the robot coming out of a revolving building wall.

Red's mecha is awesome. I love the mobility. It reminds me of the Core Bravers from Sazer-X. (Although the toy version looks like it's as mobile as a brick. Typical sentai mecha toys!)

Red's mecha operating the giant robot very much reminds me of the karakuri/clockwork/steam punk aesthetic that shows up in these kind of ninja shows. It certainly is unique having the mecha within the mecha. I mean, Magi had the combining giant mechas, but they weren't autonomous like this.

Hurray, an ending with dancing!

I definitely feel like Toei's been saving up their good material for this. I have a good feeling about this year's Sentai.
Merisusa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: PGSM / Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze / Gokaiger
Dreamy: Nephrite / Yumeria
Favorite Actor?: Masato Wada
Favorite Band: Yuzu / Daft Punk
My boom: Gekiga
Quote: We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. -Oscar Wilde

Re: Ninninger 01 sanjou!

Post by Merisusa »

I liked that Fuuka seems to be a bit of a subversion of Tsuruhime from Kakurangers. I do agree that her voice and Takaharu's are a bit grating, but I am hoping that is because the actors are young and inexperienced. So maybe they will improve as the episodes progress. Also overjoyed to have a mature Pink again.

I really liked Nagi's reaction to having a dump truck themed mech. It really echoed my own when I first saw the early images. Overall I really like the designs so far, and some of the mechanics like the way the cockpit for Shurikenjin functions. Looking forward to seeing more of the villains. It is going to be hard to supplant my love for the Shadow Line, but if the rest of the villains look as good as Kitsune... Just maybe.

It looks like this will be a good series, with a nice mix of silly and serious... Looking forward to seeing where it goes.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I didn't find the Igasaki siblings' voices to be annoying.

For beings ninjas in the Naruto school of ninja (they don't hide either), they didn't do the Naruto run especially Red's mecha.

I do like how the Red mecha actually controls the combined form.

I was hoping after the math error with the year of resurrection that they realized they didn't have enough sealing shuriken instead of the required 48.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Takaharu's voice only bothers me when he tries to act super excited (oh my god the "wasshoi" just shut up) but it reminds me of the stiffness many new toku actors have in the first handful of episodes. I imagine it'll fade as he gets to know the character better. Fuuka's I don't mind, I think she's kinda cute.

Also, can we talk about how Takaharu's dad just pops up smiling and doesn't even acknowledge the destroyed dojo other than "yeah I saw those dudes too"?? Like, he doesn't even care, he's so happy.

And just casually dropping "magic lessons in England" yes because that's clearly what you do there. Yep. So, guess magic is canon in this universe!

Little pretentious to have Red sitting down in the mecha. He's not that special. That kabe-don though u///u
Last edited by VerusMaya II on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

u///u

LOL, is that an emoticon for kabe-don?

I was kind of mad at Taka's throne too, since he's not a lord like Takeru from Shinken was. But then I realized it's probably shared, so it's not that big of a deal.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo

Post by VerusMaya II »

takenoko wrote:u///u

LOL, is that an emoticon for kabe-don?
Nah, just a blushing emote.
takenoko wrote:I was kind of mad at Taka's throne too, since he's not a lord like Takeru from Shinken was. But then I realized it's probably shared, so it's not that big of a deal.
I mean, I guess? The next ep preview is clearly for a Blue focus episode, so he gets to sit in it this time. But once we're past the character focus episodes and into the plot, it's going to be Red 99% of the time.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>I mean, I guess? The next ep preview is clearly for a Blue focus episode, so he gets to sit in it this time. But once we're past the character focus episodes and into the plot, it's going to be Red 99% of the time.

Oh yeah, that's a good point. Hopefully they use it in ways to justify it, since it is pretty unusual.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

What I said at the end of our staff viewing still sums up my opinion - this episode doesn’t quite manage to knock it out of the park, but there’s a lot to like.

I like pretty much everyone in the cast. Fuuka and Nagi are adorable. Probably intended to provide the primary comedic relief, but you can see that there’s plenty of room for serious stories to unfold for them as well. Kasumi and Yakumo are both pretty cool. Yakumo in particular makes me think of Shinkenger - he reminds me of a more serious Ryuunosuke. The magic thing is a pretty unusual element for a ninja story, but these aren’t exactly traditional ninja.

Takaharu...I’m more ambivalent about him. I’m not really irritated with his voice or mannerisms. I just don’t like his “hot” catchphrases. It makes the character sound like he’s trying too hard. The Dad seems like he’ll be good support for the team, and I can’t wait to hear the story of how they were all wrong about their Grandpa being dead this whole time. (They're wrong about things a lot, aren't they?)

I like the look of the show, whether we’re talking about the suits, the weapons, or the mecha. They’re kind of all over the place in terms of inspiration, but so far the randomness works for this group.

We didn’t get to see much of the villains this episode, but I liked what I saw so far.

That ending song/dance...it’s not an instant hit with me. Sometimes it takes a few weeks to grow on me. I wonder if every week the background activity will be counting fireworks or if they’ll switch things up. Can’t wait to see the opening credits next week, since I do like that song.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

in case anyone is interested, you can learn how to do the ending dance.

this series already seems like it's going to be fun. can't wait to see more.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Kuchiri »

My one complaint is how everything spins.... I normally don't get dizzy but dayumn.

This has to be probably the most original mecha conecpt in a long time. This isn't Red with Blue/Green Arms and Pink/Yellow legs. I like it.

I also like the transformation sequence.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

It's always good to see a strong first episode.

The extended family angle is a nice change of pace. The dad seems like a very fun character that will make his own contributions to the team. I'm intrigued by why he doesn't fight.

I wish they used a different approach for the team to find their will to fight. What they did works but it doesn't really have much emotional impact.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Well, this serious sure hit the ground running. "Hi viewer, I'm-and the Dojo blew up, great"... And right when the sister appeared did I lose any hope for it being a less goofy ninja sentai... Still, there sees to be plenty to look forward to.

I dunno bout this first episode. Like I said everything just seems to happen at break neck speed. Didn't really get the chance for really caring about the grandfather's legacy before being told 'oh yea, by the by he's not dead :V '. And I'm sure the one ranger sitting this is more a reference to it being like a portable shrine, pretty sure the way those work is four people carry a fifth person and or idol in the middle of it. Would like to see where they go with that set up, or possibly giving an answer to 'a dump truck... why?'

... GOD it's good to be back to watching super sentai.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

Really enjoyed this episode (seeing as Ive watched it 3x already) I get a mix of Shinken + Magi.
And Nagi reminds me of Boi for some reason (and not 'cause both are Yellow)
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
TankCoyote
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Joe
Favorite Actor?: Gai
Favorite Band: Yes
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: my GF
Quote: GOKAICHANGE! GoooookaiSiiiilver!

Post by TankCoyote »

Mech and gattai reveal first episode. Interesting. Reminds me of Mech Assault or MechWarrior. The henshin singer sounds so matter-of-fact when he sings the little jingles. Also....LOLOLOL Red took a leek :3

Wonder what the 6th color will be. We have 10 colors to go through unless they pick *snicker* brown like *snicker snicker* ShinkenBrown. Brown worked only once and we all know what happened to Ninja Captor....
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

This episode felt kinda rushed, but I blame that on all the exposition, back story, & that they had to introduce all the new toys for kids to buy!

They actually bother to show how/why the MotW grows big, so it's already got something over ToQger.

The Mecha stuff was pretty awesome! Really hope we get to see more of Red's mech in action, that thing was agile! And, while unconventional in design, I really like all the moving parts on Shurikenjin (that suit must weigh a ton!).

Y'know Akahara, I don't think "Last" means what you think it means.

I don't really have much to say for this debut. Like I said it's rushed so I don't have much of a feel for any of the characters yet, & aside from the mecha stuff nothing's really blown me away. But, hey, it's the first episode so let's just see where it goes.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”