Ninninger 02 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Ninninger 02 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

I thought it was hilarious last episode when everyone was using the Digimon name. Sakuyamon? Huh, that's quite a similarity.
MVZ-800
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Video games

Post by MVZ-800 »

Does anyone get the vibe that "Izayoi Kyuuemon" is going to be the 6th member? That shuriken and hammer is so ominous. Just a thought.
Lucetia
Gao

Post by Lucetia »

MVZ-800 wrote:Does anyone get the vibe that "Izayoi Kyuuemon" is going to be the 6th member? That shuriken and hammer is so ominous. Just a thought.
Yeah, but would she be an evil ranger? Since right now that's exactly who she's working for. If so, when was the last one we had? AbaRanger? Maybe MagiRanger if you count Wolzard or possibly Toqger, but in the sense of actually being an evil ranger for awhile I think it's AbaRanger.
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

gh0stwrit3r wrote:
edriel13 wrote:is it just me or their acting is not that good?
I think they're okay. They're total newbies at acting afaik. give it time, i bet they'll be awesome around ep 10 or so.

I'm actually more surprised that people care about their acting skills.
I'm not sure how far in advance these episodes are written/given to the actors, so it's possible they're acting on relatively little knowledge of their characters. Given the amount of information they're likely to have (as well as us, the viewer), it seems to me that they are acting out archetypes as opposed to complete characters. (Archetype might not be the right word here, but it's close enough).

There are some slight pacing issues that don't help at all, but for the most part the acting is fine. The acting should improve as the series goes on and we're given more background on each of the characters.

I will say that Kasumi is the worst atm, but that's a combination of little character development + uncertainty as to what she is (character is very bland + not sure what her role is - I assume for now it's the "big sister" role). I blame that more on the writing than the actress, although she could make some better choices.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Is anyone else feeling an overall sense of ambivalence on Ninninger right now? I don't hate the series and I don't like the series. It's just sort of there, going through the motions. I'm not finding anything that has hooked me yet.

Maybe it's the fact that this is the 3rd year in a row we've had a dumb, hyperactive red? After King and Right, a stoic (or at least cool) red would be a nice chance of pace.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lucetia wrote:If so, when was the last one we had? AbaRanger? Maybe MagiRanger if you count Wolzard or possibly Toqger, but in the sense of actually being an evil ranger for awhile I think it's AbaRanger.
One could make an argument that Rio and Mele from Gekiranger count. They didn't wear spandex, but they transformed and had mecha.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

At the very least the visual gags and jokes have a really good payoff. I found the whole sumo fight joke to be really funny
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

found this on tumblr. thought I'd share.

MVZ-800
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Video games

Post by MVZ-800 »

Lucetia wrote:
MVZ-800 wrote:Does anyone get the vibe that "Izayoi Kyuuemon" is going to be the 6th member? That shuriken and hammer is so ominous. Just a thought.
Yeah, but would she be an evil ranger? Since right now that's exactly who she's working for. If so, when was the last one we had? AbaRanger? Maybe MagiRanger if you count Wolzard or possibly Toqger, but in the sense of actually being an evil ranger for awhile I think it's AbaRanger.
I was thinking almost along the lines of Kyoryuuger too, with Utsemimaru trapped inside Dogold's armor.
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

I'm a bit late on this and I don't really know if it's going to be noticed here but still...

"No grazie" is the correct way to say "No thanks".
In Italian "no" means NO and "non" means NOT.

Then again, the way the old man says it is horrible and it's intended to be silly so do as you will :P
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

In the captions it's shown as "non" so we were just going off that. Captions have been wrong before though. But I'm willing to bet they just don't know Italian XD
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

That's a safe bet :wink:

Anyway, he actually does say "non" so I guess that's the point where you guys need to decide if you want to translate exactly what they said or what they meant to say :lol:

The rule of thumb is that ending vowels are always long ones, unless there's a stress mark, so the french "non" sounds more like the english "no" while italian "no" sounds more like "noh".
That's probably why they usually get mixed up (not just in Japanese).

He also says "grazie" as one would say "gracce" (no meaning at all) while the Z is the same as in Zō.

Having to translate that stuff without original captions must have been TONS of fun in the past :wink:
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Banana new shoe

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”