Ninninger 02 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 02 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_02

Oh my, a red/blue episode already. Yakumo is a delightfully snobbish Harry Potter wannabe. He's too cool for school and his spot on logical arguments are irrefutable (He even sits in a western style desk. You can just imagine the backstory of him refusing to use the eastern style floor desks). And yet, he becomes a complete child when Kasumi catches him. Looks like it's just an inferiority complex to Takaharu all along.

Another great monster design this time. I kept looking at Kappa's back, trying to figure out what was on there. It's just the label you see on fire extinguishers.

I had no idea that ShurikenJin had a dragon form. When I first saw that happen in episode, that was such a delightful surprise.

More trademark Shimoyama humor with Kappa calling Red green and then denying it. I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical of Shimoyama doing a main story, but he's really killing it with the mix of drama and humor so far.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: Ninninger 02 sanjou!

Post by Arigomi »

It's good to see that their personalities aren't simply a product of their circumstances. They had lives before joining the team and it still matters to them.

Fuuka seems to suffer from bad luck. Last episode, it manifested as a random banana peel. This episode, it was the accidents with the Shuriken Ninpou practice.

Yakumo's scene with Kasumi was great. You can't help but wonder if his assumptions about Kasumi are just all in his head.

I'm surprised that fighting a fire extinguisher with fire actually worked.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

another fine example of how, if fire isn't solving all of your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it.

with the way Shurikenjin Drago works, I'm wondering if any additional mecha we get before either a full new mecha for the team or a 6th ranger shows up will also fill in the center spot.

if so, do you think everyone will get a chance to sit on the throne, or is it just gonna default to "nah, it's always Akaninger unless we're a dragon."?

so many things to look forward to with this series.

and actually, another thing that has me curious is how the enemy's hammer uses the same type of shuriken technique as the good guys, considering it sounds like the enemy team is basically a shogun and his retainers, and not a bunch of ninja. the one she uses on it even looks like the ones the team were using for their ninpou, in which case, is every setting just "evil" or does she get other types of moves, too? because I'd love to see the hammer shoot lightning or something.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Aaaah much much much better paced episode. Though, wow that we're up to Main and Rival sentai member conflict episode so quickly, and from the looks of it next week we have our first general level monster appearing. Makes one wonder what'll happen at the half way point.

... I dunno why, but even with the Red Green joke, and the 'kin' ninjutsu dropping a gold (kin) wash pan joke... My favorite has got to be the dojo floor swallowing Takaharu up and then, once everything's in place, spitting him back out.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

Conan_Edogawa wrote: I'm wondering if any additional mecha we get before either a full new mecha for the team or a 6th ranger shows up will also fill in the center spot.

if so, do you think everyone will get a chance to sit on the throne, or is it just gonna default to "nah, it's always Akaninger unless we're a dragon."?
I'm thinking when we get more ~marus /mecha in the mix it will be like Gao in a way and everyone will get a shot at being on the Throne.
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

Poor Fuuka, that Ninpou practice didn't do so well to her.

Nice Rival episode. I wonder if we will get more into Yakumo's magic school. It is interesting how he found magic and ninpou very similar.

The ShurikenJin Drago looks a bit better than the original form in my opinion. But the center body piece is still a bit bizarre to me.
The ending of the episode looks to show the rebirth of a commander? Amazed how quickly they are throwing a strong enemy onto the Ninningers.
Galada
Go Go!

Post by Galada »

Like in the first episode, I think the time was the main enemy of this episode. They didn't have much of it to develop the relationship between Takaharu and Yakumo, so it felt rushed and superficial to me. I simply didn't get why Takaharu is stronger as a ninja and why Yakumo doesn't find ninja appealing. And it's just me or the pink ranger's acting is basically opening her eyes wide and saying thinks in such a emotionless voice? And Takaharu's voice is still annoying. But overal, it was a good episode, like the first one. And we finally get to see an enemy commander. It took a while, I want to see more of the bad guys of this series.

And damn, such a good opening.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

Another wonderful episode. Im not sure i understand the jokes from the episode though. Being called inexperienced makes takaharu angry? i have no idea what the joke is with the golden wash pan. I do like in the opening that not all of the evil faction is revealed save for Sakuyamon (Fox Lady's name is not given in the show yet so thats why i went with the digimon name).
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

Really good opening sequence. Still kinda wish you went with "cutting the wind." :lol:

Fire! Water! Earth! Wood! Gold? One of these things is not like the others methinks.

I get this 'reverse-weeaboo' vibe from Yakumo (or "Cloud" *snicker*), which I find really funny. "Japan is so lame & outdated you guys! England's where it's at! Now everyone start calling me by my Wizard name!"
Speaking of, I love it when we have some team conflict, or someone who's at odds with the Red. Hopefully this will prevent Takaharu from becoming a "Mr. Perfect Red" later on, but we'll see.

Can someone draw me a family tree for these guys? I know Takaharu & Fuuka are siblings, but what about the rest? Are Yakumo & Kasumi siblings aswell (he calls her Kasumi-nee, that means older sister right?). In any case their Grandfather got busy! (If ya know what I'm sayin' 8))
Cthulhu
Infinity
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: Go over time and space

Post by Cthulhu »

So i am calling Fuuka as the new last ninja on episode 02 , just want to make that clear so i can quote this on the future
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

2 episodes in, I guess it's okay to comment. Overall, both episodes got me hooked with the simplicity and the straightforwardness of the episode. It's good that they toned down the childish humor this time (that's 1 of the reason why I dropped last year's Sentai). The opening is kinda nice, although I gotta ask if the translation 'Buttobase mirai e to' is really going to 'Go flying towards the future'? I thought 'Buttobase' means 'To smash'? Just asking...

The training is nice, not for Fuuka though. Even her technique goes against her. I'm surprised that she didn't freak out when Yakumo is going to do the Flame Technique. I mean everyone's technique is going against her, won't she freak out if even Yakumo can't control the technique? You could get roasted, girl..... :lol:

I can see Yakumo's point of view though. He's studying magic in England, obviously he has seen a bigger world and thus has wider perspective in life by saying ninjas are a thing of the past. But the sight of Kasumi not giving a care while Taka and Yakumo is arguing is really cute. I could see her becoming a new Mako-like character in the series, albeit with a sharper tongue. Taka and Yakumo's relationship seems to be a bit like Ban and Hoji. Hope it didn't turn out like Daigo and Ian in the end.

Does anybody else sees Sakuyamon from that General? That's really unsettling. And the new General seems to give off vibe from Juuzou. Hopefully he can deliver.

Man, that Shurikenjin Drago's appearance, battle and finishing effect is really old school kinda like. Like the one you always got from Ultraman series.

Looking forward to the series after getting a 1 year break from Sentai.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Kogashi wrote:y favorite has got to be the dojo floor swallowing Takaharu up and then, once everything's in place, spitting him back out.
Oh God, I forgot about that scene. That was hilarious.

> Being called inexperienced makes takaharu angry? i have no idea what the joke is with the golden wash pan.

Which scene was that again? The wash pan is just an old visual gag for Japanese comedians.

>Fire! Water! Earth! Wood! Gold? One of these things is not like the others methinks.

Yeah, Kin can be both metal and gold. Since the pan was gold colored, just went with that.

>I know Takaharu & Fuuka are siblings, but what about the rest?

They're just cousins. They probably grew up together. Yakumo calls Takaharu Taka-nii, but they're not siblings. It's just a term of affection.

> I thought 'Buttobase' means 'To smash'? Just asking...

I think you're thinking of buttsubusu. the tobase part means "to go flying"
kifujin
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Philip
Quote: IMAGINATION!!!
Type: INTP Architect

Post by kifujin »

So, I wasn't sure I'd heard it right, but I was confused at first by translating the 青い in the line「なかなかやるな。しかし まだ青い!」 as green instead of blue (figuring it probably wasn't a reference to historical divisions of colours in Japan), and the wiki stating that the kappa had called him green.

So I looked into it and found that 青い is also used to refer to one's youth in Japan, and since there was a handy colour in English that keeps the joke somewhat intact,; replacing the youth double meaning of the original, with general noobishness double meaning of green/greenhorn.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

HarryFA1 wrote:Can someone draw me a family tree for these guys? I know Takaharu & Fuuka are siblings, but what about the rest? Are Yakumo & Kasumi siblings aswell (he calls her Kasumi-nee, that means older sister right?). In any case their Grandfather got busy! (If ya know what I'm sayin' 8))
aside from Takaharu & Fuuka, they all have different last names, so I think they're all supposed to be cousins, meaning Jii-chan had at least four kids if we assume no shared parents, and given that episode 1 pretty much says they all attended the original dojo as kids, they probably spent enough time together that they feel more like siblings than cousins to each other, so they use sibling honorifics.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

kifujin wrote:So, I wasn't sure I'd heard it right, but I was confused at first by translating the 青い in the line「なかなかやるな。しかし まだ青い!」 as green instead of blue (figuring it probably wasn't a reference to historical divisions of colours in Japan), and the wiki stating that the kappa had called him green.

So I looked into it and found that 青い is also used to refer to one's youth in Japan, and since there was a handy colour in English that keeps the joke somewhat intact,; replacing the youth double meaning of the original, with general noobishness double meaning of green/greenhorn.
It's one of those weird things where it sometimes means different things. Like a stoplight uses aoi instead of midori for example. And Aoi is used to describe green fruit, green grass, unripe things, and inexperienced ninjas!

Edit:
http://takkynoko.tumblr.com/post/112763 ... other-pics

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”