Ninninger 04 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
HeyThere
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: "TIME FIRE!!!!"

Re: Ninninger 04 sanjou!

Post by HeyThere »

Hey first time poster! Go easy on me :D

Anyway, does red's acting bother anybody? Considering he's on the most, I feel like his acting could use some more work. Take that laugh in the beginning for example. It was just super off and bogus. You can actually notice the fake in it. And not just that. Every time he screams, his voice is always raspy. It's kinda annoying.

I don't know, is it just me? I think he's better off playing the character less eager and more charismatic. You know, somewhere between chief Akashi and Takeru instead of this Daigo 2.0 nonsense (Seriously, what is up with that? What happened with the old, mature red? Kiryu Daigo is not that great)
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Nah, once I really noticed it in episode 3, it's been throwing me off ever since (too).
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Oh yea, I forgot the Tidus style forced laugh x_X

I don't get why people are saying that Takaharu is Daigo like. He an't 'King' at all, just not feeling it. I mean I get that Daigo was the most recent Hot Blooded Red but come on... If anything he gives me more the vibe of Kai from Magiranger, minus the 'you can't tell me what to do'-ness that Kai had from being the youngest sibling... I want to say he feels the most like Kakuranger's Red but I know nearly nothing of him as I haven't seen Kakuranger, just got a summary of him here and there.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

The way that Takaharu acts is kinda like Daigo I have to agree on that.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't really see the comparison to Daigo myself. But I think Daigo is very likable, versus Takaharu who people summed up to just be annoying.
Virgo Angel
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Ninja Sentai Kakuran
Dreamy: Gentarou Kisaragi
Favorite Actor?: Sota Fukushi
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Junya Ikeda

Post by Virgo Angel »

did you guys ever think that maybe he just has a raspy voice he cant help his voice and i don't find him too annoying cept in this episode and that fake laugh was great pretty sure he was supposed to make an over the top laugh.
I want to say he feels the most like Kakuranger's Red but I know nearly nothing of him as I haven't seen Kakuranger, just got a summary of him here and there.
he's nothing like Kaku-red, Kaku-red is like most of the red rangers of that period mostly serious and little fun to be had.
HeyThere
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by HeyThere »

Virgo Angel wrote:did you guys ever think that maybe he just has a raspy voice he cant help his voice and i don't find him too annoying cept in this episode and that fake laugh was great pretty sure he was supposed to make an over the top laugh.
I do think he just has raspy voice he can't help, which is not a problem at all btw. But also, that's why I think he should not be given the over the top scream or laugh. He makes it sound so bogus that it becomes irritating real fast.
Kogashi wrote:Oh yea, I forgot the Tidus style forced laugh x_X
If anything he gives me more the vibe of Kai from Magiranger, minus the 'you can't tell me what to do'-ness that Kai had from being the youngest sibling... I want to say he feels the most like Kakuranger's Red but I know nearly nothing of him as I haven't seen Kakuranger, just got a summary of him here and there.
First of all, Kai is the youngest, correct. Takaharu, on the other hand, is the oldest one on the team. Supposedly, he should be the one acting maturely. Plus, Kai is fine. He's chill and all that. Houka is the "annoying" one (not that it's a problem). Takaharu is trying too hard I actually want him to just tone it down a notch, or two. I don't think it will hurt the show in any way.

I've watched a few episodes of Kakuranger and I do agree with the Sasuke reference. The hot-headed, reckless, and fearless personality maybe. I don't sense that much similarity between the two though. They paint Takaharu as the most compatible fighter on the team as opposed to Sasuke who screws up quite often. Plus Sasuke doesn't scream in each episode which helps btw.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

... I feel like people aren't clear on what I mean, not to mention not remembering other series too well. Kai, chill? This, is the same Kai right? The one that rushes into every fight to prove he's brave? Yes later on he became chill but... Really? Kai, Chill... We have all been watching the same shows here right?

And wasn't Kakuranger's Red Ranger named and based off the 'Raised by monkey' ninja of legend Sasuke, thus making his personality highly monkey like?

Yes 'Heythere' I know that Kai is the youngest of his family, and Takaharu is oldest, that's why when I equated them, I specifically left out the aspect of Kai's character that his youth most defines. Where as Kai's rash boldness and hot bloodedness came from a childhood need to prove himself being the youngest, Takaharu has the blank optimism of being the eldest and thus the 'best', as blood relations he only had his sister, the others being cousins. Takaharu's just used to 'well I'm oldest, so I go and do my best, WIN!' hence the early head butting between him and Yakumo whose personality (that we've seen so far) is more 'I'm the best cause I put the effort into being the best'.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I loved the first two episodes, hated the third, loved this one. Aside from the minor derailing of Episode 3, I'm enjoying this series.

I didn't exactly see this as a character "development" episode at all, instead a way to put a firm foundation on the way Takaharu is. This episode made that pretty clear: he's a dumba**. Also, it seems like Episodes 2 and 3 did the same for Yakumo and Nagi, respectively. There were no major revelations (unless finding an extra egg in the Oden cart counts) in this episode, and just like 2 and 3, the focus characters ended the episodes without any major changes. We actually got more information on backstory than we did with the characters, in the form of the sealing shuriken summoning Paonmaru. I still like the characters because it seems like each one is written so that they can't act alone, but they really have to do something with Nagi soon because right now he's up on the list with Jetman's Kaori as the most irritating Sentai member.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
HeyThere
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by HeyThere »

Kogashi wrote:... I feel like people aren't clear on what I mean, not to mention not remembering other series too well. Kai, chill? This, is the same Kai right? The one that rushes into every fight to prove he's brave? Yes later on he became chill but... Really? Kai, Chill... We have all been watching the same shows here right?

And wasn't Kakuranger's Red Ranger named and based off the 'Raised by monkey' ninja of legend Sasuke, thus making his personality highly monkey like?
Well I finished Magiranger back in 2007 so it's a bit fuzzy for me now. Sure, Kai is impulsive. Does he really rush into every fight though? I think on several occasion he does listen to his older siblings if he is instructed to do so, especially after Hikaru comes along. Am I wrong, no? So that's why I said he's chill. Chill is probably not the right word. He is not as hot-headed as Takaharu is what I am trying to say.

I am sorry but I just can't picture Sasuke being similar to Takaharu. I've only watched a few episodes so I probably only see the small picture here. Maybe personality wise, but certainly not the attitudes. Sasuke could be a pushover sometimes (there's an episode where he was dragged around all day by Reiko Chiba's character to play in a theme park) and Takaharu is definitely not one. Plus, I don't know if this helps, but Kakuranger is functionally led by Tsuruhime/White Kakuranger (though, Sasuke does have a major role just like any other red) so at some point he does listen to Tsuruhime and follow her. Takaharu's character probably will not follow or even listen to anybody unless it's his granpapa. I don't quite understand the "raise by monkey" reference. I've never seen Sasuke eating a banana though lol.

My main concern is actually the act. Considering all the traits and quirks that Takaharu's character posses, I think the actor playing him could use some more work upon his act. Not because he's awful or bad, but just because he's red and he's on the most, hence we see him a lot.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

HeyThere wrote:I don't quite understand the "raise by monkey" reference. I've never seen Sasuke eating a banana though lol.
He's referring to this legend*, where Ninja Red/Sasuke descends from:
*http://wayofninja.com/2009/sarutobi-sas ... ndary-ten/

Ninja Red also does monkey poses occasionally, and all his mechs are apes.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Great episode, this one. I'm definitely entertained, though it was added by the fact I was looking forward for the elephant mecha at the previous episode's next ep preview. The oden thing definitely the best part of the episode for me, the red got the chance to redeem himself in this episode. And let's not forget the elephant mecha, when it turned to a humanoid on its own, I squealed like a fanboy. When the mecha are combining, I find it funny when the red mecha was about to sit down, it jumped off again so elephant can take its place.

Now that I was done watching, I have sudden craving for oden... well, there's nothing like that around my place, but I suppose I can make something similar.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's like his the opposite of Shinken Red personality wise. Hopefully he matures, but because here he effectively diverts tactician duties to blue, I wonder if that'll function as de facto leader.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think people are probably making the Daigo comparisons because the show revolves around Takaharu much like most of Kyouryuuger revolved around Daigo being the center of everything.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by Kogashi »

But, that's just generally how Super Sentais work. Half of them revolve around specifically the Red Rangers as the member who has some of the larger faults (either personal faults or at least doesn't fit into normal society) but with the greatest abilities and potential of the team and story focus (Example: Magiranger, Gekiranger, Kyoryuger), while the other half focus on the Red Ranger more as the driving force that makes the rest of the team as good as they are (Boukenger, Gokaiger, Goseiger).

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”