Ninninger 06 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 06 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_06

So we're back from the special, only for next week to be another special celebrating Sentai's anniversary. Aiyaiyai!

At first I really liked this episode because it seemed like it would focus on the four Ninningers without Takaharu, but they just got beaten up and Fuuka kidnapped. Wah wah.

That said, the Akaninger versus Gabi duel was pretty good.

As suspected, Akaninger learned nothing about teamwork, but at least it's acknowledged in the show with Yakumo reminding Takaharu.

I like the dad and grandad relationship problems. It seems fitting.

Takaharu seems to get worse every week. His "I'm on fire!" lines are getting really annoying and he gets way too much focus. The group basically can't do anything without him, but they only get minor character growths when he's around since he gets all the attention. Fuuka looked like she was about to get a badass moment, but she just got knocked down again and had to be saved by the other three. I'm kind of worried that Shimoyama can't write a decent drama beyond action and comedy.

To highlight this, note that we haven't had any guests in the series yet. The Ninningers only interact with each other, yet we barely know anything about Nagi and Fuuka, and only the most minimal things about Yakumo and Kasumi. Also, it's time to start dialing down the catchphrases and maybe remove them from episodes entirely.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Ninninger 06 sanjou!

Post by PHurricane »

The only reason the catchphrases haven't taken over the show is because not everyone has a catchphrase. Grandpa has his Italian, Takaharu has his (increasingly irritating) fire/burning screams, Yakumo has "easy", and the rest of the cast is responsible for carrying out conversations. Maybe that's why we don't know as much about Nagi, Fuuka and Kasumi - they're too busy providing details of the episode's plot to talk about themselves.

Honestly, I didn't have much to say about this episode. It was really mediocre.

Actually, I did have one question. Why was Fuuka tested at an elementary level while everyone else was on medium? That just seems to be asking for trouble later on.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh, you know what. I totally missed the second line of those text. I'm guessing the midterm had multiple parts, and the second part describes the content of test. So Fuuka's was Elementary stuff while using the Goton Shuriken was medium stuff, but they probably all had to do the same stuff. We just didn't see it all in the interest of time.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

It was weird seeing Fuuka getting beat up by the power of jazz clarinet music.

Every episode keeps dropping hints a interesting stuff in the future but the writing isn't do much to flesh out the characters till then.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

I thought it was pretty cute that Yakumo had a western-style desk.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I now know why I wasn't annoyed with Takaharu in the special last week, because he didn't scream the emotionless "I'm on fire" like he does here every episode.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Huh, seems interesting that they're making the triple ninja special an actual episode as oppose to making it like the Kyoryugers out of continuity special... Also that they're playing that card suuuuuuper early if you ask me. Eh, still, it's early on in the show. If you keep the focus primarily on the family we should get while a longer established arc, a pretty good character arc of the cast by the end... Least that's, my hope.

... Think the only real problem I have with red, is that despite being a grown(-ish) young adult he has the worldly knowledge of the elementary school kids that this show is made for. Which is one of the reason I think, I mentally think of him as being like Kai from Magiranger. He's the character that the non magic (ninja) stuff has to be explained to, calmly, and in a slow reasoned voice, so that the other members do not drown him when no one else is looking. But since he's if I remember right, suppose to be the eldest of the group it feels just that much weirder.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
bluegreen
Infinity

Post by bluegreen »

Ok....I have to ask. I've been wondering about this for weeks now. Is there only one cable tv company in Japan? How do they know that all the kids watching have a 'd' button and color buttons on their remote?

Also, Takaharu, we get it, everything is hot and makes you on fire...enough already.
Katiana
Adventure
Favorite series: too many to list
Favorite Band: Eyeshine
My boom: Toku

Post by Katiana »

Kogashi wrote:Huh, seems interesting that they're making the triple ninja special an actual episode as oppose to making it like the Kyoryugers out of continuity special... Also that they're playing that card suuuuuuper early if you ask me.
The special was supposed to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the first episode of Goranger airing, as was made obvious by the preview for it, but got screwed up by the delay of the show premiere. So if episode 7 had aired last week like it was intended, it would have made more sense.
Kogashi wrote:... Think the only real problem I have with red, is that despite being a grown(-ish) young adult he has the worldly knowledge of the elementary school kids that this show is made for. Which is one of the reason I think, I mentally think of him as being like Kai from Magiranger. He's the character that the non magic (ninja) stuff has to be explained to, calmly, and in a slow reasoned voice, so that the other members do not drown him when no one else is looking. But since he's if I remember right, suppose to be the eldest of the group it feels just that much weirder.
Just because he's the eldest, doesn't mean he's the most mature. It's very obvious that Takaharu is a very immature character, while Yakumo and Fuuka are probably the most mature of the group. It's happened a lot with Reds, though they're usually the youngest of the team and not the oldest, like as you said Kai from Magiranger.

Age has nothing to do with maturity. I work with a lot of freshman in a class at my high school (I'm a senior) and there are several who are more mature than another senior in the class who acts more like a four year old than anything else.
Jetman
Infinity

Post by Jetman »

Y'know, I wouldn't mind Takaharu acting the way he does if he was actually developing and becoming more responsible and mature, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I know it's early in the series, but we've already had several episodes that seem like they're about his character development, only for him not to develop at all by the end. I also have to agree that the other Ninningers need more exposure. It's always annoying when a team show is really mostly just about one character, especially when that character seems the least interesting and doesn't seem to be developing or changing. It's getting a little irritating. Ninninger has a lot of potential and I'd hate for it to be squandered because of one needlessly annoying character. I really hope Sasuke and Yousuke are gonna straighten him out next episode.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I'm aware age does not equal maturity Katiana.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'd like to say that I'm starting to hate Red, but the reality is that I already hate him, so this episode only makes things worse. He gets all of the attention and yet he's a one-note character, so episode after episode of him yelling is getting grating quickly. And granted, Sentai has always been focused on the reds, but I feel that lately it has been worse than usual, which is a big problem when they're as unlikable as Takaharu.

Furthermore I'm a bit worried over how useless Fuuka is being portrayed as. She got the low-man on the mecha totem pole (so to speak), but she's also often the butt of slapstick jokes and now the damsel in distress, even getting denied in the setup for what should have been an awesome revenge fight. It's especially contrasting compared to Kasumi, who in what little screen time she had at least gets to be very competent.

On the other hand I thought the side-plot involving the father and troll-grandpa was very interesting. I've been waiting to find out more about the father, as he's been in the background for the most part up until now, so I am glad they've finally delivered on that. So he's not a ninja because troll-grandpa wouldn't teach him, and there's some resentment for it? I get the feeling that troll-grandpa had reasons other than skill, which this episode further hints at with the brief discussion over why troll-grandpa didn't permanently seal Kiboni. Troll-grandpa is up to something, more than just teaching his grand kids ninjitsu. Unfortunately it's probably tied into the overarching plot, so it'll be another dozen episodes before we find out what that is...
Katiana wrote:
Kogashi wrote:Huh, seems interesting that they're making the triple ninja special an actual episode as oppose to making it like the Kyoryugers out of continuity special... Also that they're playing that card suuuuuuper early if you ask me.
The special was supposed to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the first episode of Goranger airing, as was made obvious by the preview for it, but got screwed up by the delay of the show premiere. So if episode 7 had aired last week like it was intended, it would have made more sense.
Agreed on it seeming like this team-up is coming very early. On the plus side this means the Versus movie hopefully doesn't get hijacked (poor Go-Busters), but on the other hand it's happening before we really know the characters.

Though I do feel bad for Toei; they got screwed up by the pre-emption not just once but twice, leading to both the Spring Break Special and this ninja special being aired on the wrong dates.
Virgo Angel
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Ninja Sentai Kakuran
Dreamy: Gentarou Kisaragi
Favorite Actor?: Sota Fukushi
My boom: Junya Ikeda

Post by Virgo Angel »

so i know why im starting to dislike takaharu. He reminds me exactly of naruto from the first series, the unnecessary yelling the i'm gonna be the best attitude, but not in a good way........sigh seems like his good looks can only take him so far in my eyes. also i wish the whole teams were there not just the reds i would love to see jiraiya again
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

That twist ending.

When do we get Gohan Sentai Odenger anyway? It'd be prime for a Kabuto crossover.
HyouRetsuzan
Adventure

Post by HyouRetsuzan »

at 11:22-11:26

"Your not sealing kibaoni-sama" i felt something really strange or confused with this line...

shouldn't this be "you're not sealing kibaoni-sama" or if izayoi wants to say that the last ninja(forgot his name) failed to seal kibaoni would "Your failure on sealing kibaoni-sama" be more appropriate/easy to understand ?

didn't mean to complain or anything, just it felt really strange

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”