Ninninger 09 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 09 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_09

Whaaat? They're actually acting like ninjas and hiding and stuff?

I don't know why it didn't dawn on me sooner, but Uncle Tsumuji has 3 siblings, hence the 3 cousins. It makes me wonder if we're going to meet all of them (and see why a whole generation skipped out on the whole ninja thing their dad had going on)

I liked this episode for the most part. Yakumo's mom is just how I imagined her. And I kind of like haughty, ego-centric characters like Yakumo and his mom, since those types tend to be full of personality. It's also fun to see how they butt heads at times and how Kasumi makes fun of Yakumo.

I'm also tempted to cut all the Takaharu lines out of an episode just to see if it makes the show better. The audience can basically adlib 90% of his dialogue, so why does the guy bother to say anything? He has only has one reaction to anything.

Funny how another Yakumo episode ends with Kasumi saving the day. But I can get behind that. Kasumi is a great character. I almost feel like an in depth episode about her would ruin her mystique. Still, Yakumo using the clone thing to fool the monster was pretty sweet.

Funny how they're doing their roll call in front of a dim stage projection of their usual background.

Annnnnd, then the episode ends and nothing else happens. No wait, I liked the way Starninger looked like he was killing Grandpa. That was cool.

But that's the thing. We already have Go from Drive being the bombastic American new character. That sort of works, since Tomari is ponderous and reserved. In Shinkenger, Genta works because of his unlikely friendship with the serious Takeru. Is Starninger and Takaharu going to base their rivalry on who can be the most obnoxious and loud? I dunno, but I have my reserves about this new guy.

Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Ninninger 09 sanjou!

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Just wanted to copy this over:
AkaNinger's suit actor from episode 9 forward is Kouske Asai (Cheeda Nick, Kyoryu Green, Toq 6). Kouske fractured his thumb in practice a while back & had a two month recovery. So for the first 8 episodes, AkaNinger's suit actor was Yugo Fugii (Enter Unite, Kyoryu Violet 1, Deathryuger). Kouske was the original pick for Akaninger. Side note: In episode 7, he portrayed Hurricane Red.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

It’s amazing how fun this show can be when they act like real ninjas. Both Kasumi and Yakumo’s plans were really clever.

Starninger...Rodeomaru...you guys are going to be exhausting, aren’t you? I’m not sure I’ll have enough patience to put up with you on top of Takaharu.

Someone finally called Yakumo “Cloud”! I was beginning to doubt it’d ever happen.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

By the way, if you guys are fans of Keitai Sousakan, Cloud's mom was the chief on that show.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo

Post by VerusMaya II »

As a Texan I feel personally victimized by Starninger.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
DevGryphon
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DevGryphon »

VerusMaya II wrote:As a Texan I feel personally victimized by Starninger.
As a Southerner in general I feel the same way...
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Rodeomaru's fighting style is so weird. It is a mash up so so many different things that it shouldn't be effective against an opponent.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

This was a good episode because we got to see that blue's magic is important to the team. At least now we know what the Sealing Shuriken does and looks like and I thought it was more about sealing away evil instead of sealing the planet's fate. I still have my doubts about the team for not using normal ninjstsu to be more like the older ninjas.

Gold looked cool and it's odd that he's a cowboy because earlier images didn't mention or hint about this. I think we need a double dose of Ninninger just to see him in action.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

*before watching the episode* ... Is it wrong, that when looking at the front page image, all I could think was 'Damn it Doc' in response to Yellow's pose?
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Well, it's the same suit actor so no, it's not wrong. :lol:
http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Yasuhiro_Takeuchi
robinosuke
Shinobi
Shinobi
Favorite series: Kakuranger, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kyoryuger, Garo,KR W
Dreamy: ♥Yayoi & Rian ♥
Favorite Band: JAMProject,Project R
Quote: Nanika wo eru tame ni wa, Nanika wo sutenakya~
-Basco ta Jolokia

Post by robinosuke »

It's really great to see the Kakuranger Shuriken was used. Only means that Sempai ninjas are existing in their universe canonically.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Didn't Gokaiger establish that?
Jetman
Infinity

Post by Jetman »

A really good episode. Kasumi-nee is definitely my favorite. She's cool and smart and competent without being a dick about it like Yakumo (not that I don't like him too.)

I hope they tone down Takaharu more. I think he's perfectly O.K. when they're not making him scream his catchphrase like a moron.

Seems kind of early to be powering up the henchmen. I hope we get to see the old type again.

I really like Kyuemon as a villain. He's not super powerful (that we know) but he's a lot smarter and more proactive than the bad guys in these shows usually are.

I love Starninger's humanoid mecha! Goddamn that thing is hyper and pretty fun to watch in a fight. As for Starninger himself, he seems like the sort of character who's going to be either really awesome or... really not so awesome. I don't think this one short scene is really enough to get a handle on this character, so we'll see.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I just can't get over how early it feels to be up to the sixth ranger. We barely know the core 5 as it is (Takaharu has been getting most of the focus) and now we're adding another into the mix?

Anyhow, I like the new grunts. They're very similar, but they got rid of the absurd hat. This streamlined look serves them a lot better.
takenoko wrote: Annnnnd, then the episode ends and nothing else happens. No wait, I liked the way Starninger looked like he was killing Grandpa. That was cool.

But that's the thing. We already have Go from Drive being the bombastic American new character. That sort of works, since Tomari is ponderous and reserved. In Shinkenger, Genta works because of his unlikely friendship with the serious Takeru. Is Starninger and Takaharu going to base their rivalry on who can be the most obnoxious and loud? I dunno, but I have my reserves about this new guy.
I'm worried that you may be right. It's bad enough with Takaharu, but Takaharu and his faux-Texan counterpart? I can tell you why everyone here likes Kasumi: she's the only member of the team that's consistently competent.
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

ViRGE wrote:I can tell you why everyone here likes Kasumi: she's the only member of the team that's consistently competent.
Speaking just for myself, it's not just that Kasumi is consistently competent but also the way she's also so... matter of fact and low key about it. She's far and away the most casual about her accomplishments, especially in a way that deflates Takaharu. She remains my first choice for the title of "Last Ninja".

Speaking of which, whoever came up to with that title needs to be banned from using a thesaurus.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”