Ninninger 10 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Re: Ninninger 10 sanjou!

Post by chronoxiong »

Isn't Kinji's character similar to Jiraiya in Kakuranger? Both are from America, likes to speak random English phrases. While I thought his selfie gimmick was funny, I'm starting to wonder if I will like it by the time this series ends. It's refreshing for sure.
Zensune
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Favorite Band: lil bit of everythin
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: People never really grow up, they only learn how to act in public.
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by Zensune »

fitting, how star cowboy ninja's shuriken is the CHEESE in the hamburger.
sentaidragon
Go Go!
Favorite series: kamen rider
2nd Favorite Series: sentai
Dreamy: all girls :p
Favorite Actor?: i have more than one
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by sentaidragon »

sushi-changer was strange enough for me... but cheeseburger-changer... it made my day xD...
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Starninger to me is Takaharu but more capable and less annoying. At least Starninger has more catchphrases than "It's hot" Takaharu.

I don't recall any mentor being this deceptive in a very long time with good old Last Ninja Gramps. I guess he wants the team to fight each other in order to build their Ninality even more but at some point, he's going to destroy them.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

I had to watch several times of the background catch in Starninger's "let's party" phrase.

Stuff I find funny is Starninger riding a small stuffed horsie and Kinji toasting Starninger.

While I understand Genta's motif, Kinji's takes it up to beyond eleven. Starburger changer is what of a stereotypical item of the "America land" may think of, along with rock and roll. The nice touch on Starninger's suit is the red that is akin to a bandana on the neck.

He transforms way too much in the episode for an official introductory episode, enough that the catch phrase of his is now ingrained in my head along with his transformation leitmotif. It is always funny to see the Japanese "western" take.

Though, I am baffled how time plays into this. The background short still flashback is way too back to the past to have Kinji be a person of this decade or this generation along with his outfit (despite the western gross exaggeration).
Zensune wrote:fitting, how star cowboy ninja's shuriken is the CHEESE in the hamburger.
:D :D :lol:

Oh and the indulgence of selfie monsters of the week.

----

Besides Toqger after Kyoryuger and now Ninninger, these Sentai series would be awkward for Saban...
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

I think the writers are just using a random plot generator to write the episodes nowadays.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Is it just me being fanboy, or is starninger somewhat Hayakawa Ken (zubat) inspired?
Blackcondorguy
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Band: Dinosaur Jr
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Blackcondorguy »

Isn't Kinji's character similar to Jiraiya in Kakuranger?
Well, besides the fact that their characters are American, not that much. Jiraiya's actor, Kane Kosugi WAS American (born in LA if I'm not mistaken) so his English was way better and natural. Throughout the series, you saw him progress in Japanese, and the character was treated way more seriously, as was the overall series.

If anything, Starninger feels like a Shurikenger rip-off. Both use random English, are star-themed (well, technically, Shurikenger is shuriken-themed, but a shuriken is a ninja throwing star, so he's basically star-themed too), they both have a stringed instrument and the same kind of attitude. The thing is, Shurikenger was generic and not that developped because he was used as a generic character for guest-stars to impersonate. I hope Starninger will grow out of being a second Takaharu, one is too much already. And his having the same background as ShinkenGold, a way more loveable character from the start, doesn't help.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

not sure if anyone mentioned it, but apparently the music that plays when Starninger uses either of his shurikens, i.e.: "za change! *music before spinning*" or "za come on! *music before spinning*" in addition to being the same music both times at different speeds are also both sped up versions of music that gets played in a McDonald's commercial in Japan (unless I misunderstood what he was saying. video I'm basing this statement on here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovlD_02uRsk )

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”