Ratings Poll: Shuriken Sentai Ninninger

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

How are you finding Ninninger?

***** It's on fire!!!
5%
**** It's hot!
15%
*** It's easy.
23%
** Could be better, pardner
35%
* You wish you could set it on fire, literally!
22%

Total votes: 131
mantis
Go Go!
Favorite series: Ultraseven
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Gosei Blue
Favorite Actor?: Ito Hideaki
Favorite Band: None right now

Re: Ratings Poll: Shuriken Sentai Ninninger

Post by mantis »

I couldn't finish watching it. I think I stopped at episode 10 and then watched 30 and it seemed like nothing picked up. Takaharu still yelled. The bad guys were still doing whatever it was they were doing. It almost felt like I left off on a soap opera - 1998 the main character starts a pot of coffee ~ 2016 the coffee is done brewing.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

In the end, it retained the score I gave it ages ago of 3/5. I was surprised that overall, I found this series not only worse than Toqger, but also not as good as Goseiger, which is saying a lot for me. The story was blah, there was very little characters development (even for a Sentai series) and the villains weren't very good. Kibaoni is the worst main villain in all of Super Sentai.

I quite liked some parts of it and some of the characters, but overall it was extemely lacking.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Current:
Average: 2.58 out of 5 with 106 votes

Jul 11, 2015 9:34 am
Average: 2.98 out of 5 with 48 votes
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

takenoko wrote:Current:
Average: 2.58 out of 5 with 106 votes

Jul 11, 2015 9:34 am
Average: 2.98 out of 5 with 48 votes
Ouch...
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

I didn't hate it enough to crush it with my Aura Rider Punch, but it was still the weakest Sentai I have seen. The Ninningers had potential, but it was mostly Takaharu who got the spotlight (something the writers may have noticed close to the end and tried to put him a bit on the side so the others could do something. You'll be the judge of wheter they did a good job on that or not).
The villains weren't the best Sentai had to offer either, maybe except Kyueemon so weren't they used well (and even that so could you question how well written he was). Kibaoni was a dissapointment.
It felt like they were trying to go the same route as Nma from Magiranger, being the mysterious sealed master you don't see much of. But you do get to see Kibaoni in an early episode, even if he was a hologram made by the monster, so there was no mystery.
I know people doesn't like ToQger for some reasons, but I thought one of the good things about that was their villains who were interesting and had their own motivations and goals.

There were though a few things I liked about it, but overall so did I find Ninninger to be very weak.
Sorry for reviving this, but I really needed to get this all off my chest.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
Gallus Faberge
7X

Post by Gallus Faberge »

The show had a lot of potential with its story, but the characters were boring, and some actors Takaharu and Yakumo's were terrible.

The main cast was boring to watch, but it did get slightly more interesting when starninger appeared. The villains were far more interesting to watch actually, and i was more rooting for that Kyuemon would succeed with his tricks and ploys, ha ha.

The show gets a 2 for Kasumi.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”