Ratings Poll: Shuriken Sentai Ninninger

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

How are you finding Ninninger?

***** It's on fire!!!
5%
**** It's hot!
15%
*** It's easy.
23%
** Could be better, pardner
35%
* You wish you could set it on fire, literally!
22%

Total votes: 131
SignalShadow
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Miu Sutou
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: T.S.
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Tic Tac

Re: Ratings Poll: Shuriken Sentai Ninninger

Post by SignalShadow »

Meh, I find this a lot more enjoyable than Goseiger.
dualvision1984
7X
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by dualvision1984 »

The series itself is okay for me although there are some part of the story that needs to be polished. It is somehow did not show the mothers of both Kasumi and Nagi in which they are part in fact the daughters of the Last Ninja. But anyway, in the end... it tied up some loose ends like Takaharu and Fuuka's father retrieved his powers back from Shingetsu Kyuemon as well as becoming Aka Ninger as well. For me, the entirety of the series is 4 for me.
Evangeline
Adventure
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Dreamy: Shijima Go
Favorite Actor?: Rika Adachi
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Figure Collection
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Evangeline »

the ending not strong enough, because in the end there is 6 last ninja...
Gallus Faberge
7X

Post by Gallus Faberge »

It could have been much better, the villains were rather nice. But the bad acting of the main cast kept turning me of, especially Yakumo. Takaharu's acting slightly improved actually, but not by much.
Iccirrion
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Favorite Band: 和楽器バンド
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu
Quote: Um, God, your seatbelt.
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Iccirrion »

There was a lot that could've been done better, but in the end I still watched it every week and have to say I did enjoy a fair bit of it.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

It was ok, but definitely not the best ever. Even when the others got focus, Takaharu still overshadowed them. Also, the grandfather very rarely gave the ninjas encouragement and it was gratifying to see SPOILER:

The heroes making their own path and become their own special Last Ninja (if Toei ever does a Magic Ninja Super Sentai, I would be happy :) ).

It was okay but it wasn't the classic Gokaiger, Shinkenger, or even Megaranger was (at least in my book. Also, I would've included Kyoryuger, but Ninninger at least handled their Red better and did have the better finale)
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

While I endured PR form MMPR till RPM, just slacking on Mystic Force, because it was terrible, I sadly must say that this is Probably the Fate of Ninninger since DekaRanger, I even managed the rather unenjoyable/overly annoying Goseiger/Go-Busters, the later one Probably just because of Enter and Escape, but gosh those Budroids... but that's another Topic...

Thing is that Ninninger makes the exact same crap that Mystic Force did, it's a lazy execution of a Season that falls back to the speaking: "The Red Ranger and some random Dude's in colored Suits.

I watched it till the Introduction of the HotHotFireFire whatever it called MagiRangerLikeMecha, but that was the final Nail in the Coffin for me and this Show. Sadly so, because some Aspects and processes reminded me of Shinkenger(what I ended up rewatching instead of continuing Nin[and boy was it worth it <3]), but it totally failed on getting anything of the Charm of his predecessors right.
Runba
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: im back

Post by Runba »

It definitely left like Goseiger, in that it was just filler before the 40th
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

The series was painful to watch add there is a reason why ninjas hide. The grandfather had the Italian attitude down of being not too helpful and we never got to see the rest of the family. Let's hope this new Sentai will redeem the failure of last year.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Farr wrote: Thing is that Ninninger makes the exact same crap that Mystic Force did, it's a lazy execution of a Season that falls back to the speaking: "The Red Ranger and some random Dude's in colored Suits.
Isn't that every Sentai?
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

I give it a solid 4 overall. Some episodes were better than others, and as much as I liked Takaharu I would have appreciated some more episodes centered around the other characters. I loved the villains this year, loved the mecha designs and as weird as the henshin device was, I ended up being a big fan. I'm not overly picky, really, as long as it still manages to be entertaining overall.
Bomyne
Go Go!
Favorite series: Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Zi-O

Post by Bomyne »

I am saddened by the low score this seems to have gotten. Also *sigh* spoiler alert in the following review.

Ninninger is literally the best Sentai show in recent years - and yes, I loved ToQger.

What did I love about the show? Just about everything, to be honest. But I'll list my favourite ones:

First and foremost... MagiYellow made an appearance. Not just the actor, not just the suit... BOTH. They had MagiYellow show up and transform in a show completely unrelated to Magiranger, that wasn't an anniversary series.

Alright, on to the show itself.

The Ninja theme, and the gear the Ninningers used was pretty awesome. I mean, seriously... How can you not like that shuriken on sword technique? Yeah, it's similar to Shinkenger's one, and I loved it in shinkenger too.

The mecha had a unique concept. It was basically Shinobimaru sitting in a throne to become Shurikenjin. And then swapping it out to change the parts.

I wasn't quite sure what to make of the mecha kinda being intelligent... And they only really focused on this with Shinobimaru and Rodeomaru.

The story was quite upbeat while having the usual Sentai dark points. It was quite a good storyline. It also had quite a few plottwists. My favourite definitely has to be
Spoiler
when shurikenjin was captured, and Shishioh and the dad tried to pilot it.
Sentai definitely needs way more of those kinds of scenes, I think.

I found the characters to be awesome too... though it did fall into the Sentai trap of focusing too much on Akaninger. Way too much. And Takaharu (sp?) was the typical over the top Red. I've said it before and I'll say it again, but I prefer Red Rangers that are more like GokaiRed, ShinkenRed, BoukenRed, in terms of personality.

What did I hate about the show?

Kinji's taking your life thing was unnecessary and actually getting annoying... Which you can see the other characters seem to find it annoying too. I also think he was obsessed too much with becoming the Last Ninja's pupil that he didn't grow enough on his own.

Also, the toys has a Shurikenjin Texas... which has Rodeomaru take Shinobimaru's place in Shurikenjin. That would have been so cool to see on the show, but it never happened.

So yeah, I loved the show and can probably go on for hours talking about what I loved and hated about Ninninger... but TV-Nihon doesn't have enough database space for that ;)
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i gave it a pretty good review on my YT channel. it was interesting with a few too many lose ends and plots that didnt blend. over all the 6th member had the most back story, development, and well ... kinji made the show. nagi despite his being a back ground supporting character grew more than the frontliners. takaharu basically is a goku. mech wise the show had a lot of offer as well. but had some great roll calls.

i guess in the end, ninninger had a lot of potential to be something great, but it just wasnt written well enough, and that alone is what killed it.
missed opportunities:
-kyuuemon as a villian and hero
-takaharu's purple ninja girlfriend, and other ninja clans.
-past sentai cameo's werent played right mostly
-grandpa
-the vertatality of the mecha.
-lion-ha oh

was semi hoping an extra member would appear using kunia as well.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Finale is meh, They build up Gengetsu as the enemy that Grandpa couldn't kill, only to have him dies by Gekiatsu Dai-Oh. Hell, wonder what would happen if they just straight go towards Gekiatsu Ha-Oh instead?
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana

Post by Farr »

takenoko wrote:
Farr wrote: Thing is that Ninninger makes the exact same crap that Mystic Force did, it's a lazy execution of a Season that falls back to the speaking: "The Red Ranger and some random Dude's in colored Suits.
Isn't that every Sentai?
Actually not exactly, ofc the Red has most of the Focus, but there's a fine Gap between having the Focus on Red, and still having an solid rest of the Team, which you can actually call a Sentai at the End of the Day. And the Red Ranger and some random Dudes, especially when the Red has absolutly nothing to offer.

Only thing I remember of him are basicly that 90% of his Text are "This is Hot" "I'm on Fire" and "Okey let's do this TAAAAKAAAAHAAAARRRUUUU IIGGAAASAAAAKKKIIIII!!!!!"

Best example for the random Dudes therm, first explaning how they could work as a team, and then Red bashes in the MotW with his Ha-Oh Gear alone anyhow, the rest twiddling their Thumbs. When in an Focused Red but Sentai Season, the rest would have actually done something of use.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”