Ninninger 12 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Re: Ninninger 12 sanjou!

Post by Barim »

takenoko wrote:I see they're seeding the story with some potentially good story bits. We have Kinji's photo. Is he a secret relative of the Ninningers? For a moment, I thought that Grandpa was going to say that his past pupil was Kinji's dad.
As secretive as they were with the photo at first, I completely expected Yoshitaka to be in it. Hinting/Revealing Hoshi is another of his grandchildren. Still possible and either not knowing or simply not realizing the connection would also make it an interesting reveal in universe, not just out of it. Speaking of family connections, have we had any pointers that Tsumuji is actually an Igasaki by birth and not just adopted into the family after he married the oldest daughter, so that Grandpa could have further heirs with his clan name? (Think say Tachibana Ginchiyo and Muneshige from the Sengoku) Would be hilarious if Starninger turned out to be the only direct heir (whatever the proper equivalent is for our "stamhouder", cannot find one...)

Furthermore, pupils turned evil, definitely not the first time in Sentai and will definitely not be the last. Does that actually make it more like Castlevania? As in humans calling back Kibaoni for their own reasons and not simply him reviving on his own?

And I can really agree on Takaharu, he combines two character aspects that should never be combined. He's the centre of the group with the others revolving around, but he is way to much the centre of attention for that. Characters like Kidou Shinji are allowed to be boring, because they have a great cast that revolves around him and builds on him. Should be the same here, but Takaharu overshadows the characters that should build on him.

Commander changing of the guard, great if done well. In a way a substitute for good writing, or a part of it. Unless Gabi actually comes back, which could also be fun.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

Lunagel wrote:十六夜九衛門 いざよい きゅうえもん Izayoi Kyuuemon

Straight from the captions, you don't get too much more official than that.
Going back to the episode i paused when the name popped up on screen and it was "Yayoi Kyuuemon". I even slowed down the video (thank you gom player!) and grandpa is clearly saying "Yayoi". Or could it be a soft z sound? is that a thing?

as for Gabi, he preferred to die on his own terms rather than be used as a puppet. that seems oddly commendable for a villain.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

As far as I know, the Iza isn't silent in that kanji combination. And my dictionary only lists Izayoi and Izayo as possible pronunciations for that kanji combination.

It really does sound like Yayoi doesn't it? Might just be grandpa trying to be stylistic though. I get Izayoi and Yayoi confused, so the text thing might just be a mistake.

Even the furigana says Izayoi on the official page:
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ninnin/charac ... /bg_y2.png
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

What a fantastic episode!

The fights that involve Gabi Raizou are always superb! Sad to see him get defeated so soon though. Still, it was great how he stayed honorable till the very end. He wasn't a sore-loser, admitting defeat and while he was surprised at Takaharu living, he didn't complain at all. I really enjoyed the Takaharu Vs. Raizou battle. The fight with Takaharu one the wall was great too! It surprisingly didn't look jarring. Also liked the new finisher. It's very pretty, but it is a bit odd that something requiring unity ends up being used just by one person.

I was very surprised at the Gashadokuro combining into a greatsword. It shows that it takes quite a bit of strength in order to fully destroy them. The new mecha doesn't look too bad. I laughed very hard when Kinji dropped down into the cockpit out of nowhere.

When Grandpa said he had another pupil, I immediately thought Kyuuemon, and sure enough, Kyuuemon would be a great reason. It's always interesting to see an enemy that trained until a protagonist and turned antagonist down the road. I really want to know what their story is. Kyuuemon seems a lot stronger than what he/she shows. I am thinking that Kyuuemon might be the true final boss.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

... I feel a little cheated that they fused like, 4 or 5 sealing shurikans into one useable shurikan... I mean I sorta get it, since it the shurikan in question does a buncha team stuff, and the idea of unity and all that but... yea... Had been kinda hoping each sealing shurikan would be a different special thing...
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Jetman
Infinity

Post by Jetman »

takenoko wrote:As far as I know, the Iza isn't silent in that kanji combination. And my dictionary only lists Izayoi and Izayo as possible pronunciations for that kanji combination.

It really does sound like Yayoi doesn't it? Might just be grandpa trying to be stylistic though. I get Izayoi and Yayoi confused, so the text thing might just be a mistake.

Even the furigana says Izayoi on the official page:
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ninnin/charac ... /bg_y2.png

Is "Yayoi" ever used as a shortened, familiar version of Izayoi? It could also be that "Izayoi" isn't her real name. Might be that she's a girl posing as a boy to make the whole "page" story more convincing, and is just using a masculine name that sounds similar to her real name, Yayoi. It would explain the androgyny. I also agree with Shipuujin that s/he's the real final villain.
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

v2, I guess?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I can set up a v2. Just give me a few hours. Now that I listen to it again, I can hear it. Grandpa really slurs it though.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

This series has really picked up since Starninger appeared. I wonder if Kyuuemon now has enough fear to revive another general?

The show seems to be going quite fast now, but it'll probably slow down (though I wish it wouldn't).

I keep thinking that someone as hurt as Takaharu not only wouldn't be able to fight like that, but would be bleeding all over the place.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

ViRGE wrote:Even when it's not about red, it's really about red. He even gets the damn team attack to himself. Takaharu needs to be properly sidelined for a while
To be fair, Red fighting a rival general is a old-as-dirt sentai trope so they certainly weren't gonna have Nagi or any of the others finish Raizo off. It had to be Takaharu that time.
dualvision1984
7X
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by dualvision1984 »

As of the moment, let's agree with Kyueemon's name since it was already written in Japanese captions for this episode. Probably, it is either Grandpa's actor mispronounced his name for this episode (since I listened to his dialogue for that scene 3 to 4 times hehehe :lol: ) and/or it is too early for the show to judge the whole personality plus real name of Kyuuemon. It is only 1/4 of the total show and it is just that Shimoyama san tachi are somewhat fast in revealing plot twist in Ninninger's story.

Thanks for correcting this one and it shows that all of us here in TV-Nihon are helping each other to provide excellent quality subs for Toku fans.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I'd be willing to bet that Grandpa's actor flubbed the line and then no one in editing caught it (like with us XD)
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

So, Starnin made those mechas himself? yeah thanks for that dinosaur size of bullshit there NinNingers, thank you very much, so much sense yeah, fuck you series.

Best char dies, and also of course gets defeated by Red cos Red is the best, he's OP, even if he is half dead. Liked much more Starnin version of it, but that was also destroyed cos Red is so uber OP great. Fuck you series.

New Gattai, it's boring as all hell, fuck you series.

Kyuuemon was grandpa sex student? Alright, i might keep watching this to see what's going on with this.

I don't espect this series to get better, especially in Red char and mecha department, cos they won't give up using shuriken toy as heads, and that is ugly as all shit.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Again, Takaharu didn't fight Raizo because he's "the best"; he did it because Red fighting a general is a trope in this biz.

Red Flash fought Sir Kaura
Change Dragon fought Buuba
DynaRed fought Megiddo
Akashi fought Ryuuwon
GoseiRed fought Derupta
Takeru fought Juuzo

And so on and so forth. Now, could it have been done better? Of course, but I can see where they were going with it.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:Again, Takaharu didn't fight Raizo because he's "the best"; he did it because Red fighting a general is a trope in this biz.

Red Flash fought Sir Kaura
Change Dragon fought Buuba
DynaRed fought Megiddo
Akashi fought Ryuuwon
GoseiRed fought Derupta
Takeru fought Juuzo

And so on and so forth. Now, could it have been done better? Of course, but I can see where they were going with it.
Yeah, it's a valid trope. But it comes at a time when the other characters are already underdeveloped, and rather than giving Red downtime to focus on them, he still ends up getting most of the attention.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”