Ninninger 15 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Ninninger 15 sanjou!

Post by Phoenix512 »

I can't say that Takaharu has charisma at all. Even though Jan was an idiot, he was an idiot due to being raised by gorillas in the jungle. He clearly had the charisma to make you love that idiot though. Takaharu on the other hand, he has none of the charm to make him love him. The only reason why the others (except Kinji) put up with him is because he's family and thus automatically have to love him and put up with his idiotic crap.
solari
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid

Post by solari »

I see that I'm not the only one who doesn't really like Takaharu...(I'm not sure whether it's because of the way the character is written or the way the actor acts...)

I think it's like a few other sentai shows in which another older ranger is the 'leader' but the red ranger is supposed to be the one pushing ahead

Sawashiro Miyuki as the voice of Futakuchi-onna! :D
She has such a great voice...
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

solari wrote:I see that I'm not the only one who doesn't really like Takaharu...(I'm not sure whether it's because of the way the character is written or the way the actor acts...)
Honestly, I think it's both. The writing isn't that great and Takaharu is an annoying, showboating idiot. But the actor isn't doing a good job of it either. Takaharu's supposed to be enthusiastic and energetic but the actor seems unable to actually portray that energy and as just seems to be substituting volume for enthusiasm, but that can't hide the rather flat delivery.

Though it could just be poor direction as well. That one quiet scene with Fuuka at the end of 14 worked :shock:. While the acting for Takaharu isn't good in general the sudden jump suggests the possibility that the actor is better in different emotional modes and is failing when trying to do something outside his preferred range, which is where a director is supposed to step in.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It's hard to tell if it's the directing or the delivery. Takaharu's actor is pretty new, so we can't really compare performances. On the other hand, most of the other actors seem to be doing okay with what they're being given, the problem is that they're given so little in comparison with him. We barely get focus episodes for the other characters and when we do, they're always in combination with him.

With Fourze's kitaaaaa line, it never got old because you could tell that he had a lot of energy and enthusiasm behind his performance. With Takaharu, I'm not getting that energy, just the loudness, like L-sama said.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

He was really good in the serious scene in the last episode. I'm just going to fall do delusion and say that the reason why he has no charisma for his 'excited' lines is because it's not his actual personality, and we are going to get our minds blown when it goes all psychotic ninja near the end of the series.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Yeah the serious/sombre scene was quite nice and I'm also holding out hope that he's got a facade going on similar to Kinji. Buuut Occam's Razor, it's probably just the director/actor out of his range.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
solari
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid

Post by solari »

The difference in acting abilities feels more glaring if I watch Drive(which has some really good acting) before Ninninger, which was why I stopped at the first few episodes, but recently I picked it up again. I think he(and the others) definitely improved since the first episode.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

This was one of the best episodes so far! Finally an episode that focuses on the entire team, with Takaharu only playing a supporting role.

If Kyuuemon was upset at not being able to inherit the Finishing Shuriken, there must be a reason he wanted it in the first place. That could be the reason he's working with the Kibaoni Army now. Can it resurrect people? Is that why Star-san might want it?
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

one thing ive noticed about takaharu, and maybe its just me, but does his voice seem to not match? mainly when he speaks it feels/sounds like he is lip synced. like his voice is on a different audio track. i dunno. just something ive noticed.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

Lunagel wrote:It's hard to tell if it's the directing or the delivery. Takaharu's actor is pretty new, so we can't really compare performances. On the other hand, most of the other actors seem to be doing okay with what they're being given, the problem is that they're given so little in comparison with him. We barely get focus episodes for the other characters and when we do, they're always in combination with him.

With Fourze's kitaaaaa line, it never got old because you could tell that he had a lot of energy and enthusiasm behind his performance. With Takaharu, I'm not getting that energy, just the loudness, like L-sama said.
Sota Fukushi was new to the acting scene as well but I got used to him doing the KIIITTAAA. Takaharu's actor could just be bad at portraying enthusiastic people
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Not everyone new starts at zero though. It could just be an acting deficiency.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

I don't think it's an acting problem. It can be, but maybe it's made on purpose (since the director is satisfied about it because if he wasn't, it would be reshot again). They probably want Takaharu to be annoying because people can be annoying too in real life. His little sister is annoyed by him too, that's why I think it's not an acting problem, but it's how they wanted Takaharu to be.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yes, make your main character as annoying as possible with little likeability, that's the way to make money!
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

ViRGE wrote:As takenoko already noted, this was a Kasumi episode therefore it was good.
redfarmer wrote:Kasumi may be my favorite Ninniger! I wonder if this could be a situation like Gekiranger and Kakuranger where red isn't the leader but just the strongest and most charismatic? Kasumi is definitely a better leader than Takaharu!
In Gekiranger Jan was still the lead, even if he is an idiot. It's the same here; Takaharu is an idiot lead. But you're right to note the similarities between Ran and Kasumi; both play the straight woman to their leader's insanity. Or I suppose in this case, Kasumi is playing the straight woman to the whole group's insanity. However comparing her to BoukenPink (Sakura) may be a better option. BoukenRed wasn't an idiot (unlike Takaharu), but in this case they're both hyper-competent pinks.
Actually
Spoiler
it was the plot of an entire episode of Gekiranger how Sha-fu was appointing Ran leader of the Gekirangers over Jan, so Jan may have been the focus but he was not the leader.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”