Ninninger 15 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 15 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_15

Good episode. No surprise that it's a Kasumi ep.

Some of the stuff about the Youkai being a female is a bit gross though, but Japan~ I mean, her name literally means "woman with two mouths".

Something that I find neat is that the more interesting or indirect the Youkai's magical ability is, the weaker they are physically. A lot of monsters (like this and the previous one) have a 1 star in attack rating while they have a 5 star in mystical ability rating.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Ninninger 15 sanjou!

Post by PHurricane »

After acting completely brainless last week, at least Takaharu had the sense to leave the so-called “complicated” stuff to Kasumi and Yakumo. Pity that he ruined the illusion of him being any smarter by saying that his punches were what got through to Rodeomaru.

Speaking of clever, Nagi and Fuuka using clones to pilot ShurikenJin when they were shorthanded was a great idea.

Sentai usually rolls with unexplained costume changes, so it was kind of funny to see them question Kasumi changing outfits when they appeared in the boardroom. The expression on Yakumo’s face when Kasumi’s speech works was also pretty funny.

Interesting that Kyuuemon (correctly?) deduced that Kinji is after the Finishing Shuriken. We didn’t know that before, did we? Just that he wanted to be Last Ninja’s apprentice. I wonder why he would need it.

About the summer movie toy - I swear it looks like Akaninger is riding an Ultraman instead of his Otomo Nin.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Speaking of clever, Nagi and Fuuka using clones to pilot ShurikenJin when they were shorthanded was a great idea.

It is, until you consider that they have to actually control the clones. The concept of Bunshin is a bit hard, since it's not so much creating individual units, so much as splitting off parts of yourself. Attention and mental energy are a limited resource, after splitting themselves off, they suddenly have 4-6 hands to control. No wonder they're exhausted at the end!

That's the difference between Bunshin versus a Migawari or Kawarimi technique. The latter techniques use dummies or inactive agents. Whereas the clones are intelligent agents.

>Interesting that Kyuuemon (correctly?) deduced that Kinji is after the Finishing Shuriken. We didn’t know that before, did we? Just that he wanted to be Last Ninja’s apprentice. I wonder why he would need it.

In Kinji's introduction, it seemed like he was after the Finishing Shuriken when he tried to assassinate Oden Cart Grandpa. But then they give us the pupil explanation to explain that away. My guess is that Kinji's father and brother are alive, but can only be freed using the power of the Finishing Shuriken.

I really like the idea of Kyuuemon getting fed up with Tsugomori's dickishness and turning to the Ninninger's for help.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

omg Nagi's jump back at the end, what a cutie.

Star-san is infinitely more interesting now that it's revealed he's hiding ulterior motives. The brief moment he took to plaster a smile back on his face was really well done.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

Kasumi may be my favorite Ninniger! I wonder if this could be a situation like Gekiranger and Kakuranger where red isn't the leader but just the strongest and most charismatic? Kasumi is definitely a better leader than Takaharu!
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

One thing I liked with this episode is the attention to detail on the mechs. Usually when one of the other allies makes the head, the Red Mech replaces the right arm and that part gets stored on the back. They bothered to not do this and change the costumes to reflect that.
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

More Kasumi plz.

Once again Kasumi proves she should be Last Ninja. Seriously, she could kick anybody's butt if she really wanted to. She's like Japan's Black Widow.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

yeah why DOES star want it? i'd like to ask just WHAT does the final shuriken do? its clear the other sealing shuriken have abilities other than just sealing. so! this, too, must mean the final shuriken just doesnt complete the sealing techinique right?

if star is a yokai collector, then he may want the final shuriken to be part of his yokai collection.

is this the first time they put their shuriken on their gamaguns?

i believe tactics guy is using weak yokai on purpose. he said from the start that he was "playing" with them. in other words measuring their abilities. so if a stronger yokai appears, he may be taking them in, and waiting.

i kind of thought perhaps rodeomaru would sit in the seat to make a different version of shurikenjin, but i guess not.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Man I wish there was a contract for Takuharu so he wouldn't say "I'm on fire!" or any variation of it. It would have been awesome.

Also Final Shuriken doesn't equal it being a Youkai.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Phoenix512 wrote:Man I wish there was a contract for Takuharu so he wouldn't say "I'm on fire!" or any variation of it. It would have been awesome.

Also Final Shuriken doesn't equal it being a Youkai.
Seconded. I would love for him to just not say "I'm on fire!" for just 1 ep.

For a second I thought Kasumi's costume changes is unexplained, but at closer look it seems her hand is making seals before those illusion covered them. So no surprise that Star and Yakumo's costume didn't change. And I guess this episode silently give a kick to those agents of past toku actors that wants to make a return but couldn't because of their agents suggestion? *cough*Sato*cough*Takeru*cough*

So what item is fused with the Shuriken this time to create the Youkai? It's not clear this time. And Kyuuemon getting tired of getting his/her name wrong is kinda a lol too.

Thanks takenoko for this image. It's perfect to be made into a meme, probably the 'Say that again. I dare you. I double dare you motherf**ker'. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

I've got to agree with those calling for Kasumi to be the Last Ninja. It's not just what she pulls off, but the way she makes it look effortless that puts her head and shoulders above her cousins in terms of competency. Also loved her attack.

On the Dance Dance Village video I've got to love the guy in front. He looks so serious the whole time which transforms the dance from a fun, goofy routine into something out of a kabuki performace (or something similar). Also, what's up with the guy with the fan who seems to be doing completely different?
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

oh no! haha i wasnt implying that the final shuriken was a yokai, but, rather, since he is a yokaI hunter, he'd want in his collection the ultimate yokai slaying tool. NOW, they havent exactly made it clear as to what the final shuriken does. its like, people who like dragons collect dragon statues, but also dragonic items. like fangs, claws, scales, SWORDS, LANCES, etc., while they arent dragons that are made of dragon parts or for slaying dragons. right? so if he's a yokai collectors it stands to reason he may also be a yokai otaku, and if thats the case he'd want the ultimate yokai slaying tool. again we dont know what the final shuriken does yet.

for kinji also remember that he is a total last ninja fan boy. he has his book, and made himself a ninninger, and if im correct made his own otominin too. SO! he'd probably want the last ninjas ultimate weapon.

think of it as, he wants the autobots and decepticons.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

As takenoko already noted, this was a Kasumi episode therefore it was good.
redfarmer wrote:Kasumi may be my favorite Ninniger! I wonder if this could be a situation like Gekiranger and Kakuranger where red isn't the leader but just the strongest and most charismatic? Kasumi is definitely a better leader than Takaharu!
In Gekiranger Jan was still the lead, even if he is an idiot. It's the same here; Takaharu is an idiot lead. But you're right to note the similarities between Ran and Kasumi; both play the straight woman to their leader's insanity. Or I suppose in this case, Kasumi is playing the straight woman to the whole group's insanity. However comparing her to BoukenPink (Sakura) may be a better option. BoukenRed wasn't an idiot (unlike Takaharu), but in this case they're both hyper-competent pinks.
PHurricane wrote:After acting completely brainless last week, at least Takaharu had the sense to leave the so-called “complicated” stuff to Kasumi and Yakumo. Pity that he ruined the illusion of him being any smarter by saying that his punches were what got through to Rodeomaru.
I will give the writers credit where credit is due for having Takaharu recognize his own limitations. Still, he was an annoying git in this episode, the same as the last 14 episodes. Though in the character's defense, punching some sense into your comrade is a traditional Sentai trope (making this an almost Akibaranger-level meta joke).
Catastrophe wrote:One thing I liked with this episode is the attention to detail on the mechs. Usually when one of the other allies makes the head, the Red Mech replaces the right arm and that part gets stored on the back. They bothered to not do this and change the costumes to reflect that.
I noticed that as well. They didn't just use a different arm on the mecha suit, but they reworked the CGI as well. I'm rather impressed with the flexibility they have here; they even had a live-action suit without someone sitting in the "driver" position, indicating that they can separate that part of the costume from the rest. Though the extra complexity of such a system must make the suit a real pain to move around in.

In fact there's a lot of mecha action in this episode, and I don't just mean the Red vs. Blue fight between Shinobimaru and Rodeomaru. I can see now why the last couple of episodes have been so simplistic, as I'm sure this took a lot of time to put together. It's always fun to see some extended length live-action mecha brawling. :)
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

I guess in the end I enjoyed this episode for how it lampshaded diplomacy in the sentai multiverse. This ties in with the "speaking through my fists" meta-joke, too.

DIPLOMACY HAS FAILED!
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

I love Kyuuemon getting texhausted and doing technique in a bored way.

So, everyone is using they brains, outside of Takaharu that we get minimum here, also during finisher, he just stands with the rest, while Kasumi is the one, who is taking attention by shooting gfrom other side. We need way more episode where Takaharu is pushed to the back.

Kyuuemon is what realyy keeps me with this show, i want ot knwo what her deal is.

Unfortunately, i can't get hyped, since the trailer for the next ep...Naaah, no hope for this show, it's better to stay that way.....

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”