Ninninger 18 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 18 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_18

For an episode about Yakumo being in love with a lawnmower, it was a pretty decent one. Kind of nice to see some more characterization of the core group in the brief time away from Star-san. (By the way, is that lawnmower thing with Brits real? I've never heard of it before)

Speaking of which, Star-san gets reintroduced through way of a joke. Guess that's fitting for the series?

That mecha at the end sure looks like a Sky Otomo Nin to me.

Someone be my hero and tell me what that says. This is what I can make out:
Aloha

It has been a long time but how have you been?

There is no way to ?

??? assassin of not ??

??? happy ??? for family

I wish more and more of your success.

Kinji Takigawa
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_ ... s_Postcard
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Ninninger 18 sanjou!

Post by xiiliea »

i loled really hard at star's disrupted holiday :P
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'm sorry that Star-san had a stroke then decided to write them a postcard with his left hand.

Jokes aside, I did like that his hair looked messy. It made him seem more like a real dude.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

I was gonna say how I appreciate that they took Star-san out of the OP, but they still showed his character card and shots of him fighting. Missed opportunity!

As for Brits and their lawnmowers... well... apparently there's a whole museum for them so maybe there's some truth in all this!? Freaking bizarre, man.

Yakumo rather quickly gave up on his supposedly beloved lawnmower, especially after saying he didn't know what was more important to him.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

Wasn't expecting StarNinger to come back so soon. And the way they brought him back was hilarious too!
Also loved how StarNinger basically didn't contribute to the fight. He was too busy eating his hamburger xD

This episode was a bit bizarre to me. Yakumo's decision to give up on the lawnmower came very very fast. Although, it made sense that they
were going to find a way to revert the Yokai back to the original item. I wonder if they will continue to do this? Surely other people lost important things due to Shuurikens.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

takenoko wrote:Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_18

For an episode about Yakumo being in love with a lawnmower, it was a pretty decent one. Kind of nice to see some more characterization of the core group in the brief time away from Star-san. (By the way, is that lawnmower thing with Brits real? I've never heard of it before)
Not really, no. I personally hate gardening!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I don't know what was worse, all this for a lawnmower or 'lol I didn't give star the shuriken for the surf robot he's back now'.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Digifiend wrote:Not really, no. I personally hate gardening!
But a Japanese show said so!
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

I was kinda hoping he would be reintroduced later, but more powerful, Star is pretty much a joke compared to other 6ths like gosei knight, Genta or Burai.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

So I'm curious on the fact that the lawnmower is electric since it has a cord for it. It makes me wonder if Japan doesn't have gas powered mowers since that's the most common type in America at least.
Ryouga
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ryouga »

It could be like the UK, here gas mowers are very expensive, yet you can get a electric one very cheap and so often people use electric mowers if they only have small patches of grass and gas ones if they have large gardens

The cheapest gas mower is 2-3 times the cheapest electric one
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

VerusMaya II wrote:As for Brits and their lawnmowers... well... apparently there's a whole museum for them so maybe there's some truth in all this!? Freaking bizarre, man.
There's a museum of Asphalt in California, not sure I'm totally sold on the UK's love of lawnmowers if they make museums there in the same way we make them here. :lol:

Obviously this is the stretch of summer episodes where there is almost zero plot advancement, but this took it to a new level. It was some weird, parallel dimension sequence of events for the team to say "Hey, Yakumo is protecting the Yokai", which is okay. When they realize that it's his lawnmower, then we have a few minutes that are typically used in Sentai for something like, "They kidnapped my sister!", then everyone says, "Let's go get the lawnmower!", I can't help but wonder what is going on at Toei. I half-expected Kinji to come back to Japan and say, "What in the world happened while I was gone?"

On another note, I think they missed a good opportunity when Takaharu was trying out the lawnmower at the end. Obviously he was going to lose control of it, why not have him run over the electrical cord? But we got the ominous turtle-lion thing in the fog, so that seems interesting.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

Aloha

It has been a long time but how have you been?

There is no way to be nothing but shame.

It ~~~ that assassin not ~~~~ that I spent with you

years ~~~~ time to pay that happy ~~ the family

I wish more and more of your success

I can't make heads or tails of this message. The problem is that he's using too many "t"s and "h"s in this message. The good thing is that his "th" is similar so you can tell when a word has "th". I'm fairly certain what I've italicized is correct, but it's a pain to read.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Heh, I'm glad people are still trying to figure out that postcard. It's probably written in broken English, which doesn't help.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Are we sure this episode wasn't meant to be a pisstake? Because if someone wanted to do a pisstake within an official Sentai, I'm pretty sure it would look a lot like this.

I really don't have anything nice to say about this episode. It's easily in the running for the worst one of the series. The fundamental plot is just dumb (it's not even funny, just dumb). And Starninger comes back in the most absurd possible way as well.

The Wiki says it was written by Mouri Nobuhiro, who isn't the main series writer (and whose only other credit is the Dad episode), so I can only assume this is meant to be filler.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”