Ninninger 18 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Megaranger/Boukenger
Dreamy: all da lady
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Super Hungry, Gyudon Changer!"
Type: ENFP Champion

Re: Ninninger 18 sanjou!

Post by Sauce »

Phoenix512 wrote:So I'm curious on the fact that the lawnmower is electric since it has a cord for it. It makes me wonder if Japan doesn't have gas powered mowers since that's the most common type in America at least.
I'm gonna guess that while maybe they have electric ones commonly since they probably have smaller yards, the large amount of Honda and Toyota gas mowers makes me doubt they don't exist there.

Fucking weird episode.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Sauce wrote:
Phoenix512 wrote:So I'm curious on the fact that the lawnmower is electric since it has a cord for it. It makes me wonder if Japan doesn't have gas powered mowers since that's the most common type in America at least.
I'm gonna guess that while maybe they have electric ones commonly since they probably have smaller yards, the large amount of Honda and Toyota gas mowers makes me doubt they don't exist there.
Electric mowers are a bit more common in the UK due to their voltage standard.

The standard gasoline mower is 3-4 horsepower, which is 2200-3000 watts. The American voltage standard meanwhile is 120V, versus 230V for the UK. This means that American electric mowers are generally well underpowered compared to their ICE siblings, since you can only deliver about 1500W to them. Whereas the UK has an easier time delivering more wattage thanks to the higher voltage (for the uninitiated, cable thickness is proportional to amperage, so the higher the voltage the lower the amperage, and the more power you can send through a standard cable).

Anyhow, the Japan standard is just 100V. So electric mowers are going to be even rarer over there simply because they'd be so underpowered.
Ryouga
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ryouga »

Shame she said England instead of Britain in the beginning, I guess Japan is like much of the rest of the world calling the UK England instead of just UK, I remember when talking about magic and him learning it in England and people talking about how it must be influenced by Harry Potter when Hogwarts was meant to be in Scotland lol
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Ryouga wrote:Shame she said England instead of Britain in the beginning, I guess Japan is like much of the rest of the world calling the UK England instead of just UK, I remember when talking about magic and him learning it in England and people talking about how it must be influenced by Harry Potter when Hogwarts was meant to be in Scotland lol
To be fair, y'all Brits have a very complicated system of naming yourselves, made more complicated by the fact that you all hate each other and that if I called a Scot a Brit he'd probably punch me in the face.
MVZ-800
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
My boom: Video games

Post by MVZ-800 »

Best out-of-context image ever.
Ryouga
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ryouga »

Lunagel wrote:
Ryouga wrote:Shame she said England instead of Britain in the beginning, I guess Japan is like much of the rest of the world calling the UK England instead of just UK, I remember when talking about magic and him learning it in England and people talking about how it must be influenced by Harry Potter when Hogwarts was meant to be in Scotland lol
To be fair, y'all Brits have a very complicated system of naming yourselves, made more complicated by the fact that you all hate each other and that if I called a Scot a Brit he'd probably punch me in the face.
It's actually the English that do that more its a strange ignorance, like if Scotland achives something in sports or whatever its a BRITISH victory, if England wins something its a ENGLISH victory likewise if England loses something it gets flipped to a BRITISH loss and yet a Scottish loss is still a Scottish loss.

Thats where part of the hate comes from, the majority of the rest is that England treats the rest of the UK Scotland especially like country bumpkins and England the sophisticated ones such as Londoners in particular going on about how their taxes go into Scotland(or the North of England a litle less) and how Scotland are scroungers and dont know how great they have it and so on and Scottish people respond with telling the English how arrogant they are so it escalates.

In reality though outside of certain poor areas most Scots will only have a problem with the English if they are directly insulted or something, they will drink with English friends or tourists, have relatives and friends, but in England that is less common, I was given abuse at college for simply being Scottish by a 18 year old who never worked a day in his life going on about how HIS taxes went into Scotland and as I was Scottish therefore they went to me despite me living in England, and as the media is English run they are quick to hide any evidence of racism towards Scotland and quick to show anything that can be twisted to claim Scotland are racists.

The short way of saying it is most people are sheep and believe what they are told.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Less to do with that and more to do with the fact that there's really no word for Britain in Japanese. They've got England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and U.K. but there's not really a word for Britain in context of a country, only as an island.
Blackcondorguy
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Band: Dinosaur Jr

Post by Blackcondorguy »

Technically, if they've got the word for UK, they could use it for each individual part of the UK. But you can't blame a Japanese kid show for not being accurate on something like this.

I think the whole "landmower as a sign of British pride" thing is based on the stereotype that English people are fond of their gardens (part of the phlegmatic character, it seems). It's a lame stereotype, but I come from France and the stereotype about the French is that we don't shower much and stink, so it could be worse. And it does mostly concern the English, not so much other parts of the UK.

Anyway, a pointless filler episode for what is so far a pointless, disappointing show.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

About this episode... lawnmower, I don't think anything else is needed to be said anymore, lest from me.

And damn, sixth rangers from recent sentai sure never fail to amuse me, Star is definitely one of my favorite sixth.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

the scene where star is sitting in the cockpit eating and drinking needs to be a meme somehow. i can just feel it!

and wtf they 'forogt' to give him the summoning shuriken? well ... i guess if it works .... and he kept on his leather vest when wearing the Hawaiian shirt? i kinda like how crazy silly the series is. i mean i only began watching it because it had a silly sounding name. i recall reading they wanted it to have words everywhere and alot of noise. i guess they are doing that.

but that otomonin we saw, looked like a carrier mech like titanus.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”