Ninninger 19 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 19 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_19

Shishiou is a pretty fun character. Drinking in a children's show and farting in people's faces? I love Japanese TV.

I like the play on tropes. TV knowledge tells us the eccentric, wild man who couldn't possibly be the engineer has to be the one, because that'd be the big twist. But nope.

The twist that he's the Sky Otomo Nin is pretty good too. It sort of makes sense. He's more of a force of nature than a person.

The preview for the next episode surprised me. I certainly wasn't expecting that.

I think I'll go with Joukyuu Youkai since I think people know that means "high level" or "high class" from Naruto.

Pretty ironic that the title is "Find the Sky Otomo Nin" when they don't do any searching whatsoever. They just stumbled upon him.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Ninninger 19 sanjou!

Post by VerusMaya II »

Eh, I think he's nasty and not very lion-like. There's also no precedence for Otomo Nins having spirits (though they have shown sentience / feelings) or even human forms, so I'm not sure how I feel about this.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I'm surprised that Kinji ordered Rodeomaru online instead of making it himself.

If the Otomo Nin are clockwork devices, does that mean the story about their alien origins was just a tall tale for Kasumi's sake?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It would make sense. Kinji is a Youkai Hunter, not an engineer.

I think it's just clockwork devices because that's the level of technology that was around when ninjas were around. It's sort of like how everything in certain action movies is a crazy Indiana Jones or Assassin's Creed device with a million things that move around.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo

Post by VerusMaya II »

Another thing that came to me: there were no consequences for damaging their Shurikens or Ichibantou! Voila magically fixed and go on your way.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

Since the sword is also the morpher, shouldn't Takaharu have been instantly demorphed when his sword was broken, instead of only powering down when he got hit by another attack?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Maybe the device isn't magical and it just creates the suit. So the suit you wear until you take it off or someone hits it off.
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

Preview.
Spoiler
Takaharu gets un upgrade....I dont know if il be able to continue watching this, fuck that battlerizer bullshit.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Kuchiri »

Weather wrote:Preview.
Spoiler
Takaharu gets un upgrade....I dont know if il be able to continue watching this, fuck that battlerizer bullshit.
Spoiler
You clearly haven't seen other Sentai series. My only hope is that everyone gets something like this or can pass around the power and this doesn't turn into a Carnival.
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

I'm glad that Kinji is back, but will he stay with everyone or will he go back? Either way he's rocking with the Hawaiian shirt he has on. And I figure that he'll talk to Kibaoni more. Just my suggestion on that.
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

will HD720 get v2 too or the 720 in the tracker is already the fixed one?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

The 720 should be getting reencoded too. If it doesn't have a v2 on it, it's probably the one we released a couple days ago.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well we finally have half of an answer on Rodeomaru. Cowboy didn't build it, troll-Grandpa's engineer did. Though it doesn't really explain how the engineer got the ability to build such machines, or why he's taking orders for 30M tall city-destroying robots over the Internet from random yahoos.:o

Anyhow, at only 19 episodes in it seems too early to be doing the whole "villains get stronger, heroes seek out a power-up" arc. We still barely understand half of these characters, never mind the true purpose of the Finishing Shuriken. At least the writers were somewhat subtle in setting this up; if you noticed, the MOTW was composed of 2 sealing shurikens, and with only 44 of those it figures that any monster made of 2 would stick around for 2 weeks. Though it does call into question whether every monster is going to be a two-fer now that the enemy has powered up.

Oh, and I liked the design for the Sky Otomo Nin. It has a very old school 80's Sentai feel to it. A large model that is not in the least bit convincingly flying.:P And it's also fitting they got Yamagata Yukio to portray him. Yamagata is spryer than I expected for a man of 58.:o
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

The 22nd sort of does actually, it implies that EVERYONE in his family line worked as a clockwork engineers (and was famous enough to make a name for it for at least 22 generations). Remember that such families were like name brands in Japan.

The Saika Tetsunosuke that they thought they were meeting was the 21st (the one mentioned in the book as helping to design the original Otomo Nin). We also see his back in the photo. It's unclear how many have been built by his son since his passing.

So the implicit story telling that we're getting is that the Saika family probably has been building ninja gadgetry for their entire line. But Grandpa talked with aliens and got UFOmaru to reverse engineer, who then decided to give the designs to Saika to actually build.

I feel like this monster is the only one we'll see getting the two shuriken power up. They'll probably be back to one for reasons.

Yamagata Yukio is great in this role. Although he's more of a monkey to me than a lion. I think a monkey king reference would have worked better.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

the no consequence for the shuriken and swords break is likely they are used in battle. so some damage must be allowed but the youkai was looking to DESTROY so id imagine thats why it took a bit more to desuit them. and even with the sword breaking id imagine most of the "magic" parts are in the handle and under the shuriken slot, save for the buttons.

the lion is likely a coward and doesnt want to be a hero. im guessing thats where that is going. or has some back story in which he is no hero.

werent they sky otominin? now celestial? and trollgrandpa made it sound plural too. i hope it is.

hmm i wonder if trollgrandpa found spirits and infused them into select otominin? and why are people put off by living mech? i remember takeru playing with the lion origami like it was his kitty cat.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”