Ninninger 22 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
Big One
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: JAKQ,Taro,V3
2nd Favorite Series: Timerange,Kuuga,Tiga
Favorite Actor?: Takeuchi Yasuhiro
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Tokusatsu;Japan
Quote: "There are monsters loose in the world. And they are the key to the future of our race." - Sanctuary
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Ninninger 22 sanjou!

Post by Big One »

This episode had left more sweet memories than the last, but I'm still not satisfied. Mostly I'm dissatisfied with that Yakumo could easily use that damned upgrade, but 'No, it's impossible, because I'm still not strong enough'. And at the end of the episode I didn't draw any conclusions for myself concerning Yakumo. I also didn't pay attention to the fact that Fuuka tried the Chouzetsu armor. I saw this, chuckled and said, "Okay, let's next". I probably repeat someone's words, but so has coincided. Like, you two are smart, strong, but your wall is TAKAHARU?! But, hey, it makes sense.

If I was in such kind of team (not red), and there would be all the same, I would just tried to prove mymself in that in what can not manifest others. But they are, in my opinion, just half of the season were next to Takaharu, such as 'I don't want be special', and generally do not trying to become steeper. Why? Because all of the time gets Takaharu.
'I hope I didn't made a lot of mistakes in this sentence'.

As it was in the past episode: Youkai stole everyone's dreams, but we kind have no idea what approximately the are (personally I don't understand anything in these characters).

Outcome. It became better, but could have made it better from the beginning of the season. I still watch them only for the sake Kyuuemon.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

this episode was ok. not super amazing, not horrendous, just ok.

I did like the Chouzetsu Fuuka bit, though. the lion face hair ornament works really well on her, actually. it looked super cute.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Even for me, it's hard to defend this episode. It IS good that there is a hint that Takaharu doesn't HAVE to carry the team and everyone is strong in their own right.....but then decides NOT to try to be strong.....until they can be.....stronger than Takaharu. As a character, I really like Takaharu and want to see him grow and mature as a leader, but a leader is only as strong as the troops he leads and they aren't letting the rest of the team get any real character developments or additional strength. I fear everyone (including Takaharu) will eventually stagnate and the show will just be spinning its wheels until the end. There were, however, some very good moments.

- Fuuka in the Chouzetsu armor was just adorable, especially with the lion crest as a hair ornament.
- The new mecha finisher, love it or hate it, is at least unique. (Though even I have issues with Takaharu just slicing the giant monster apart by himself....kinda defeats the purpose of the mecha.)
- The non-mecha fight choreography was top-notch, as always.

Like I said, it's tough to find good things to say about this one. And this is coming from probably the biggest fan of the show on these boards. Maybe this is all leading up to something; some twist or big reveal that will make us say "Oh! That's why this happened! BRILLIANT!". I dunno; I hope that's the case. TOEI, I'm putting my faith in you. Don't let me down again.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

I hate to be that guy but couldn't they change up the inside of Shurikenjin. I mean this season is pretty lazy with their cockpits e.g. having close up shots of each Ninininger with a blue background. The only one who has a different looking cockpit is Star-San with Bison King
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

... Ya know, I think I've mentally nailed down what's wrong with this show, least how it makes sense to me. I think the episodes aren't written as to tell a story about the characters, but instead they're writing the episodes to express what the writers feel. We are 22 episodes in and I've seen more moments that were 'wow, that seemed like a joke about writing sentai', than 'oh that character has been developed' moments.

That said, I do like that they're sticking with the sitting theme with the mechs... Got a giant robot sitting in the cockpit of a bigger combined robot that's sitting in the cockpit of a larger mech that normally the lead sits in the mouth of... Chairs upon chairs.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

I have to say it: the sight of Shurikenjin Drago leaning over to look at Bison King at the beginning of the episode... yeah I couldn't help but laugh!
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

well im glad that lion ha-oh can be shared, but it makes me think the budget is poor. because 1 reason they may have optioned against it would be that they couldnt afford chouzetsu costumes, so they for now have red only super mode. which stinks. i wanted to see them share it too. if yakumo had said something like, "shishioh, if you work with takaharu, then you are family, so let us please work together." i think maybe shishioh would have went with that. or even, "yakumo, a cloud :pause: even a cloud can evoke a violent storm!" that too may have appealed to lionhaoh but NOPE! they were crazy enough and thats all there was too it. my former thought about the family aspect came when he jumped on fuuka since she is taka's sister.

at least we got to see how takaharu missing from shurikenjin is solved, via dracokenjin what ever its called.

well as far as shurikenjin haoh. well ...
1- if i recall Kyoryu SamuraiHaOh was pretty much choushinkenhaoh standing on ougi origami as a stage right? when they zan samurai gattai'd. SO! this isnt the first time we've seen this. as far as mech sitting on a mech sitting on a mech, well ... is there anything similar within japanese festivals in which someone sits on a throne? that MIGHT give and answer for that. gurren lagaan did it better.
2- the mech sitting on a mech that jumps off a mech and then jumps off another mech and the pilot jumps out and attacks the monster and then rides the mechs sitting on each other. :whew: i think we need look to naruto for this answer. nin's who summon big creatures typically sit upon their heads, and direct and plan attacks from there. i think thats what they were going for. at least that make the most sense.

Spoiler
finally shinobimaru riding bisonmaru in the movie preview clip! ive wanted to see this happen for awhile now!
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

The new OP got me thinking now that
Spoiler
there's a possibility of a 7th Ninninger since Starninger is not besides the Red but at the side of the team. Might be crazy, but whatever.

Poor Fuuka has to be the punchline of a joke here. But she's still cute with the Lion Symbol on her head. And I can understand why Kasumi rejects Shishioh since he came on too strong on her and Fuuka when they first met. And what happened to Kinji's selfie with the Youkai? he hasn't taken any much since.

I dunno about other member using the Chouzetsu armor, It was clearly made for Takaharu with all the armor consisting of the color red and his suit changing entirely(hint: Kyouryuuger's Carnival). Bandai clearly designed the power-up to be Red-only unlike Shinkenger's or a gold plated shield like in Zyuranger's. Although the gold/yellow lining on the Chouzetsu armor could make them pass to be used by Nagi or Star-san.

They are really putting the concept 'sitting' to the level of ridiculous here. With Akaninger sitting on top of Ha-Oh Shurikenjin just makes it easier for enemies to knock him down. Tsugomori should have just noticed it by now.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Didn't they do a Blue Gold episode in Shinkenger as well. Yawn.

Also, combined form looks terrible.
barfmaster
Infinity
Favorite series: go-onger/decade
2nd Favorite Series: W/shinkenger
Dreamy: miu/urara
Favorite Band: eyeshine
My boom: 12 piece Gatti

Post by barfmaster »

that student looked familiar like i've seen her in other toku did anyone else think that
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

She does look familiar, but I don't think she's been in anything. Her name's on the guest list on the wiki, don't recall it off the top of my head.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

Catastrophe wrote:Didn't they do a Blue Gold episode in Shinkenger as well. Yawn.

Also, combined form looks terrible.
yes but that gold blue episode had more meaning. ryonosuke wasnt so quick to accept gold as a member of the team, as he felt threatened by his childhood friendship with takeru. ryunosuke very much liked being second in command, and didnt mind serving his lord. he didnt want to be replaced by a childhood friend after all his hard work. after all he did come up with the chou samurai gattai, and was very diligent in his training. gold appeared suddenly, had killer moves recognized by takeru, and took down a monster alone. so with that special it was more about accepting a new member into the team, and putting personal feelings aside.

HERE the gold blue episode is them being discontented with their own skill levels, and the new mech thinking they are lame. and i guess they learned they can be as strong as takaharu on their own, but dont think they are there yet despite the mech acknowledging them as "wild". no growth or anything aside from they had a slight bonding exp but ... hardly a new budding friendship.

and as for it not being passable.... chouzetsu mode IS possible for any member. the costumes change in appearance it irrelevant, as id assume lionhaoh would alter in the same way, just THAT color, or perhaps the "armor" features would remain red, while the rest is their color. i think they are being cheap with the costume budget which is why we wont see it.
ALSO! yakumo doesnt have much desire to be a ninja, unlike kinji who does. so they dont really rival.

im holding on to the idea that since they are ninja, perhaps there is something hidden thats not obvious but has been right there, and they blow us away.
barfmaster
Infinity
Favorite series: go-onger/decade
2nd Favorite Series: W/shinkenger
Dreamy: miu/urara
Favorite Band: eyeshine
My boom: 12 piece Gatti

Post by barfmaster »

takenoko wrote:She does look familiar, but I don't think she's been in anything. Her name's on the guest list on the wiki, don't recall it off the top of my head.
According to IMDB her only other toku credit is as Ginga Pink weird
There are some things arrows can't kill, for everything else there's Master Sword.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

No, IMDB is being dumb. This Miyazawa Juri is way too young for that

This is the guest star: 宮澤じゅり