Ninninger 25 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 25 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_25

Honestly, not a bad episode. Fuuka actually was the star of her own episode this time. The twist with the producer being Dracula was good enough.

Notes:

More Kabedons.

If you look at the card, the guy works for Kyoei, a parody of Toei. It's even got a triangle for the logo (although instead of being vertical, the kanji is horizontal, stretching out the triangle in an ugly fashion.)
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Re: Ninninger 25 sanjou!

Post by Slowking »

Almost thought Takaharu was going to be the only one to finish off Dracula. Instead it was nice to see all of them involved.

They should give the individual otomo nin more screentime.

Good to see Fuuka getting some development.

One thing that I didn't like from both this and last week's ep, is that these "fearful" youkai just took an ep each to be destroyed - and it didn't really seem to be that difficult for the Ninninger either.
Behold the Emperor!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Not a bad episode. Nothing groundbreaking, but the conversations between Takaharu and Fuuka were some of their best, maybe second to the conversation they had with their younger selves in the time slip episode.

It also seems like it was time for the annual cross-dressing episode. I cracked up when Yakumo and Nagi freaked out because Silver hinted right off the bat that he was picking Fuuka for the movie. Too good at their roles, indeed.

That unmasking dining room scene really reminded me of the Sweets arc in W.

I’m beginning to think that the idea of the Western Youkai being stronger was an assumption on the audience’s part, or just Ariake being misinformed. If anything, they seem weaker than the Youkai that had been popping up. Both Franken and Dracula were taken down by less than the full team, and Dracula didn’t even require the strongest mecha combo once he was a giant.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I enjoyed that! Like Hurricane said, nothing groundbreaking with this one, but it wasn't the drawn out drivel we're used to. Watching this episode, even if it was an obvious summer filler, I felt like I was enjoying it in the same way I enjoyed the first few episodes of the series, which is an incredibly good thing.

Were they sprinkling salt on the watermelon at the start of the episode? I'm sorry that is what stuck out the most from the episode, but I've never ever seen anyone put something on watermelon lol.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I have seen people put salt on watermelon before. Anyway, I don't know why they have Fuuka dress like a woman child most of the time when she isn't wearing her school uniform. She look good during the audition thing. I guess they really want her to be the brat of the group even though her older brother is the biggest man child ever.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Apparently it's quite common to put salt on watermelon in Japan. I've never found the need for it myself, watermelon is plenty delicious without additives.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It's because most cheap watermelon is easily over 10 bucks for a single small one, and it's not nearly as juicy or sweet as a normal American one. Adding salt makes it taste sweeter and covers the fact that it's cheap.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I had no idea Japanese watermelons were different. Makes sense.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

They've been breeding them sweeter lately but historically they weren't as good so that's where the custom evolved from. Now it's more of a preference, like mustard or ketchup on hot dogs. Salt or no salt.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Take's gonna kill me for derailing two topics in two weeks :|
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

I like salt on my watermelon sometimes, but then again I just love salty food.

Some good action this week and great dialogue between Takaharu and Fuuka. The guy playing "Silver" should really be given more screentime; I can see much potential in him.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

mholden020 wrote:Take's gonna kill me for derailing two topics in two weeks :|
Kill you into a g-g-ghost?!
bluegreen
Infinity

Post by bluegreen »

mholden020 wrote:Were they sprinkling salt on the watermelon at the start of the episode? I'm sorry that is what stuck out the most from the episode, but I've never ever seen anyone put something on watermelon lol.
For what its worth, I grew up in Tennessee and we always salted our watermelon.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

just like last week i was hoping that fuuka would steal lion haoh and chouzetsu but alas i was let down.

i liked that she mentioned an earlier even in the show. takes away from the episode of the week feel that weve been getting.
once again kasumi is on the ball picking up clues before other people. yakumo and nagi liked being in drag too much. though at the end where they griped about not being in the spot light seemed like a joke from the writers.
while kasumi is the smart one isnt fuuka also a student? i mean we saw her last week going to her studies in lue of training.

nice touch on the garlic however, drac didnt notice the 2 boys when doing them in? i thought hed be better than that.

i wonder who's gyouza is better? kinji's or ryou's?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I did like what they did with the producer being the monster. Wasn't actually expecting that.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”