Ninninger 26 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 26 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_26

It figures that Ninninger's clip show is pretty darn entertaining. (Hits fast forward key during actual clips) It reuses its assets in very clever ways.

Maybe I imagined it, but is Shimoyama Kento (Nin's writer) trained in rakugo? It definitely has that sort of vibe coming from it with the humor elements. As much as I bitch and complain about some elements of his writing, he does a fantastic job of placing things in the world, and reusing them to good effect. (Although the kabedon thing needs to stop. I get it's quirky, but stop it.)

Mataneko tripping on Shinobimaru and then shouting "dare da?" and it transitioning into the "dare ja" song is pretty great. Also Ultraman Akaninger.

I figured out that grandpa was Mataneko about halfway through the first progress report. At first, I thought it was just grandpa being mischievous, but maybe I heard a few too many nyas or something, because I started to suspect.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Ninninger 26 sanjou!

Post by xiiliea »

Takaharu is literally the "last" Ninja. :D
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

I say it's a recap episode and Aka Ultraman Chouzetsu xD.

And for the quiz:
- 0/1 point on the question by Yakumo. Easy easy easy easy....
- 0/2 points on Silhouette Quiz by Nagi Shapes of what Nin Shuriken
- 3/4 points on Shoukan Intro Quiz by Fuuka Dare ja dare ja~
- 1/1 point on the question by Kasumi Who's the fake Last Ninja? xD
- 1/1 point on the last question by Mataneko Who wins the Kyodai battle?

5/9??? DAMN! I'M NOT QUALIFIED TO BE THE LAST NINJA! :(

But if you guys finished watching this episode, tell us what's your score.
ImageNYAAA~~~

Edit: I forgot the last question by Mataneko.

xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray

Post by xiiliea »

I only guessed Surfermaru and Lion Ha-Oh correct (very obvious), and of course grandpa. Rodeomaru was obvious too but I couldn't think of his name before they showed the answer :P

3/8 :(
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

And I’m back to being irritated with Ninninger. A clip show in August? Are they really that desperate/lacking in storyline material? I couldn’t even properly enjoy Youkai!Grandpa making fun of Takaharu for always saying the same two lines because it’s the writers who are to blame for Takaharu being so one-dimensional.

If it was up to the writers, I suspect the order would be the exact opposite of what we got. Takaharu being the predestined winner, Yakumo and Kinji essentially tying because they get penalized for using magic/being American respectively, Kasumi losing points for some stupid reason that the writers think is funny, Nagi bringing up the rear, and Fuuka not really being in contention considering they’ve already demonstrated how easy it is to write her out of the team. This show is really frustrating me.

I’m going to be blunt: if they didn’t have Kasumi on the team, they’d probably all be dead, since there’s been several times when she’s the only one who seems to realize they’re under attack.

Didn’t we have a whole episode about how the Youkai don’t know where their house/base is? I saw that Mataneko said he followed Nekomata’s scent, but if it was that easy, why haven’t the villains found it before now?

That Ultraman reference was really in-your-face. Kind of surprising they were so obvious about it.

...Considering Mataneko’s last words, are we really going to have to deal with that monster design popping up a fourth time?
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Quiz Q1: If Yakumo has said "easy" 48 times, that's a little under 2 times per episode!
Q2: Nagi is mean.
Q3: I didn't realize there were slight differences to each robot's intro. It's usually covered up by other sfx.
Q4: nya~

Did... Takaharu do the Ultraman pose when he was turned giant lmfao is that okay?? Toei can you do that??

Q5: It's not allowed to be anyone but Red in this, Shuriken Sentai Akaninger.

Preview
Spoiler
I am glad to see the power-up finally being passed around, at least to Kin-chan.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I heard no difference between the robo intros, except for maybe the first and last one.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Soooo Kasumi is only number 3 and less than Nagi (shenanigans!) because Grandpa/Mataneko doesn't like the one food she was compared to about 20 episodes ago.

Fuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuu.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

We are still part of the 'summer break' none of these episodes are really meant to be heavy on the plot element. It seems like they just did this just for Gold's story coming next episode and that line said by Grandpa at the end of the episode. I don't mind a clip show in the middle of a block of plot-light episodes. It feels like this is the best fit for it.

The clips and jokes were funny and fit the episode and what we've been talking about for weeks. Grandpa-neko is probably represented by the internet. He bitches about the food jokes, likes the under utilized characters, and downright hates Takaharu. He's also a cat, internet jokes.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

someone forgot spoiler tags ....

anywho!
yes a clip show which i almost though super sentai didnt do. but this was a good one. so meh and im far from an authority.
my last ninja race rank sheet!
1-Kasume
2-Nagi
3-Kinji
4-takahru
5-yakumo
6-fuuka

why? well kasume leads the team and sets up the battle. while she may not be the strongest being a ninja isnt based on strength, its more tactics based. thats her strong suit. plus she is the one who reads between the lines. Nagi because he knows the team and has a better sense of team work. ill credit due to him not only using the jutsu combo, but taking it a step further with a triple mix. i mention teamwork because they are a team, and thats the spirit of sentai, but skills are needed too. kinji, while lacking formal training was able to perform high level jutsu, but sadly has issue with lower level. basics are important. also on kinji he made himself a sentai, and has been fighting yokai solo for some time. knowledge of the enemy through EXP is and can be a great thing. ninja needs to be able to track too yes? but his doubts hurt him most. taka ... well, his strength, and durability are something. rare power is nice but not everything. he may come through in pinchs but steals the spot light too much. we dont need a glory hog. yakumo has his magic but not much else going on for him. while it sets him apart its not enough. and that shurkienjin draco thing ... while cool, not enough as well. fuuka is really tied with yakumo, she's reliable and can come through and is competent enough. but she isnt really interested so i score her last. brownie points for transcending as is though!

yes the ultramanxsentai move was nice especially with shinobimaru, but would have been better with shinobimaru aiding in the final attack waza.

and yes, many will be happy next time! the wolf euro yokai is left, i guess they are waiting for an in plot fullmoon? id assume that why they held off on him. not that i know anything about the next episode!
Jetman
Infinity

Post by Jetman »

Wow, a clip show episode that's actually worth watching! It's just more silly filler, but I was entertained which is more than you can say for most clip shows.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Huh, weird I keep, forgetting that Sentai shows often have clip shows... Still it was nice fun.
PHurricane wrote:And I’m back to being irritated with Ninninger. A clip show in August? Are they really that desperate/lacking in storyline material?
Seriously? You're made that halfway through the show they had a clip show?... Cause we're half way through, dunno where would be a better place for a clip show... Outside of not having one in the main show I guess but it sounds mainly like your mad not that they had a clip show at all, but just when the clip show is... No reason to not have the clip show at around 25 out of around 50 episodes.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Kogashi wrote:Huh, weird I keep, forgetting that Sentai shows often have clip shows... Still it was nice fun.
PHurricane wrote:And I’m back to being irritated with Ninninger. A clip show in August? Are they really that desperate/lacking in storyline material?
Seriously? You're made that halfway through the show they had a clip show?... Cause we're half way through, dunno where would be a better place for a clip show... Outside of not having one in the main show I guess but it sounds mainly like your mad not that they had a clip show at all, but just when the clip show is... No reason to not have the clip show at around 25 out of around 50 episodes.
Normally clip show appear after Christmas episode (around ep 42 - 43). I agree with comment that clip show should not occur at moment. We have many "rest-episode" from ep 21 until now.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I think it's mostly because there's not much they've done to warrant a clip show.

We've gotten a few Shurikens (out of 99, yeah?) and defeated like 1 minor general dude who was quickly replaced with another dude so it doesn't really feel like we've made any progress. Any character development has been thrown out the window after like one episode (with exception of Kinji). We don't really need a clip show because not really anything has happened.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I am utterly amazed that the managed to render five of the six ninjas utterly useless in such a short amount of time. We were seeing a clip show, it was fun and entertaining...enjoyable, even. Kasumi even started fixing things like normal, but once they're outside, everyone except Takaharu became spectators. Seriously, if they took the other five out of the show completely after they chased the yokai outside, the show would have been no different at all. Incredible.

Hey Yakumo, if you can read this, you aren't in 5th place because you can't stop doing magic. You're in 5th because you had an affair with a lawnmower.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”