Ninninger 27 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 27 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_27

Wow, that felt like a proper ass Sentai episode. Am I petty enough to mention that it took over half the series to get to it?

But yeah, that was a proper sixth ranger episode. I'm surprised that it's over so fast, but I'm glad they didn't drag it out longer than it needed to be. Kinji had his arc, and we learned a bit more about the Finishing Shuriken powers as well as Kyuuemon's intentions. Kinji looking at a photo of his family and then of the Ninningers was very touching.

I even liked Starninger Chouzetsu. I thought it looked cheap in the preview, but then I noticed that you can see Starninger's gold suit under the armor bits. So if that's how they're going to share the Chouzetsu power, that's fine. At LEAST they're sharing it.

Nitpick: I still don't like that they call the Western Youkai Ookami Otoko instead of just Wolfman. I'm sure this is some concession for kids who don't know the English term, but it ruins the world building a bit for me.

As I translate the episode, the thought comes to mind, where is Kinji's mother? I know mothers have no place in a Japanese superhero show, but it's not like she was killed by Youkai too, right?

Fuuka leaning on Nagi as they sleep.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Ninninger 27 sanjou!

Post by PHurricane »

I thought the team understanding and encouraging Kinji to get his revenge when the werewolf first showed up was really refreshing, but then every time Grandpa opened his mouth made me want to punch something. He doesn’t want his pupils to fight for personal reasons? This from the man that made earning the title of Last Ninja a competition between his grandchildren? It’s been there since the beginning, but it was undeniable from his various speeches this episode that he was never going to give Kinji a fair shot. After all, when Takaharu (of all people) pointed that out, Grandpa had to run away. I don't know that I believe his change of heart at the end of the episode.

Question: should we be worried that Kinji's attacks worked in the second battle? They showed his eyes burning red, which was probably the Chouzetsu power-up at work, but then they glowed purple, which seems more like Kyuuemon's Youkai power at play.

Interesting that all of Kinji’s family fought with guitar guns. Since Kinji said they constantly traveled, I wonder if they pretended to be musicians and used the guitars to conceal the weapons. One other thing - since Kinji said the only time he traveled with his father and brother was when they were killed, I really hope it means that they were on vacation at a western ranch/Old West attraction and not that they dressed like that every day.

More plot coming up? Please! Especially if it means we get more ninja-like battles.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

PHurricane wrote:Question: should we be worried that Kinji's attacks worked in the second battle? They showed his eyes burning red, which was probably the Chouzetsu power-up at work, but then they glowed purple, which seems more like Kyuuemon's Youkai power at play.
I think it has more to do with how the Youkai left a big claw mark on his arm. If you account for werewolf lore, it makes sense.

I'm a little disappointed that they didn't do something with silver bullets instead of using brute force with the Chouzetsu form.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ooh, I noticed the purple thing and didn't even think about that. I was thinking "It's not an all or nothing situation with the You Energy." Good catch.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

That was a good episode and somehow Kinji has become my favorite despite me hating him at the reveal. I was also thinking he had remnant You Energy going on but the camera did linger on the claw mark so we'll see!
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Jetman
Infinity

Post by Jetman »

This was a damn good episode! The only thing that really disappointed me was that it seemed to easy to beat the Wolfman with just the chozetsu. It makes me wonder why the others didn't think of that before Kinji showed up :lol:
Spoiler
and Kyuemon gets his own ninja corps? Awsome :mrgreen:

Still, it's nice to see Starninger and Kyuemon back in action since they're the best characters. By the way, is anyone else wondering just where the heck Masakage is? We've barely seen him at all since Ariake showed up. Is he afraid of her or something? :lol:
Last edited by Jetman on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

I actually think the chouzetsu armor looks better on gold then red. Speaking of Masakage, would it be a stretch to think they dropped the character or maybe was killed off screen?
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

I realised that the one thing drawing me back to this series is Kyuuemon and by proxy the villains, sure the current 'wife' of the main boss is annoying as hell, and Masakage has wandered off (perhaps to collect fear energy while the team are distracted by wolf/vamp/frank combi?) also wondering where abouts are those gif's from on the main page? i want to see it
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Kuchiri »

I feel like this was the first time that a six ranger got a power up before most of the team did. Shinkengold and Akira never got a proper super samurai or hyper ressha modes. It's revealed that like Shinken and Toqger, Chouzetsu is a shareable power. I'm surprised Blue-White haven't had a chance with it yet.

Also Gold sat on the throne, which even in a Pink/Yellow/White episode they weren't able to do.

I still say the Franken Episode felt very sentai and I labeled why in the comment thread of that episode, I feel that episode was still more sentai than this one. This episode however, was a great step forward.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

best episode yet.
but im shocked no one has mentioned that takaharu told kinji to not rush in without thinking yet thats all takaharu does.

didnt occur to me about kinji being cut by the wolf having an effect. i figure maybe it was for dramatic effect since he was uniformless. was it yo-energy or perhaps licanthrope? we'll have to wait and see!
im kinda mad that the chouzetsu didnt get an animation, and even his final blow was just special effect with no special CG scene with it. i also was hoping to see what kind of jutsu might have came from putting the ha-oh shuriken on to the guitar. the armor looked good on gold. maybe .... kasumi is next?

im curious about what ninja kyuemon would be thinking of? like are they sealed in that scroll he/she held up just before the ending credits? potential 7th member?

also, we got see kyuemon's mallet and shuriken have another ability. its similar to star's shuriken in that it has a feature to rotate to change its powers. so aside from instagrow, it has demonic power infusion. i wonder what else it cane do?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

JujinSan wrote:Speaking of Masakage, would it be a stretch to think they dropped the character or maybe was killed off screen?
Eh, I doubt it. If he was, there would've been a pic uploaded on the Toei site of Ryusei Nakao receiving his goodbye flowers.
Eternal_Winterbane wrote:also wondering where abouts are those gif's from on the main page? i want to see it
They're from those Tokyo Dome City CMs that air every so often with Superhero Time.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_27

Wow, that felt like a proper ass Sentai episode. Am I petty enough to mention that it took over half the series to get to it?
Yes, you are. :P But that's okay, because you're absolutely right. Finally something actually happened after what feels like a good two months of spinning in place.
I even liked Starninger Chouzetsu. I thought it looked cheap in the preview, but then I noticed that you can see Starninger's gold suit under the armor bits. So if that's how they're going to share the Chouzetsu power, that's fine. At LEAST they're sharing it.
Eh, he still looks like Chouzetsu Red. No matter who wears it, there's so much red on the suit that they just look like a slightly goofier version of Red. That said, I am happy to see that I was wrong and it is going to get shared.
PHurricane wrote:Question: should we be worried that Kinji's attacks worked in the second battle? They showed his eyes burning red, which was probably the Chouzetsu power-up at work, but then they glowed purple, which seems more like Kyuuemon's Youkai power at play.
I don't think they would have shown us that if it was not going to come back in play. Whether it's the scratch or the You-power infusion, I'm sure it'll come up again in another 10 episodes or so.
As I translate the episode, the thought comes to mind, where is Kinji's mother? I know mothers have no place in a Japanese superhero show, but it's not like she was killed by Youkai too, right?
She's a victim of Dracula, clearly. :P

And finally, without spoiling anything, the promo department is taking the next arc very seriously. I can't think of any previous Sentai promo that has been so clearly about a new arc, as opposed to just previewing the next episode. Maybe we're soft-rebooting here?

Desync: Oh, and the audio was out of sync on the HD copy. This was especially noticeable after the CM, where the audio was behind the video. I had to add 200ms to the audio to get it to roughly line up
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I added 300 ms and it seemed to work for me. I really didn't play with it that much to see if there was a better number.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

I didn't notice anything when I was watching the SD version. Maybe it's just on the HD, or maybe I just didn't pay attention to that, which would be weird since I tend to notice this things easily.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It should be about 200-300 ms too soon in all versions. You can really see it when Star goes into Chouzetsu mode and crashes into Ookami Otoko.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”