Ninninger 28 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 28 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_28

So we've gone from fighting the Kakuranger enemies to fighting the Hurricaneger enemies?

At least the battles seem more interesting when it's ninja against ninja.

What? Grandpa knew that Kyuuemon stole Tsumuji's power this whole time? Why wouldn't you tell your son that fact?

Overall, kind of a fun episode. I liked Kasumi leading the way in her doll form. It's always neat when they sneak in the ending theme song dance into an episode.

I'll have to make a gif out of the running roll call. Good start to a new arc.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Ninninger 28 sanjou!

Post by DaVinci030 »

It's the battle between Igasaki ninjas and Izayoi ninjas. Interesting.

I wanna see who's the next Izayoi ninja next week.
Spoiler
A dice game next week?

Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

It always surprises me with how weird they can get with the monster designs. A ninja with a bird head wearing a bird on its head?

The bus looked like it was driving away from the school on its own because we didn't see Nagi and Fuuka talking to the bus driver beforehand. This omission made an otherwise good plot stumble around some details.

The children on the bus looked very calm while Takaharu was freaking out while trying to get the bus under control.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I love how nonplussed the kids are when they see Takaharu freaking out. Even the kids can't believe this guy.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I kinda liked the toy bits, they were fun. Especially since I've seen some kids try to rip apart the vinyl figures at the waist the same way.

So Hayabusa lured the ninjas into the school so that they could terrorize the kids on the bus. Except that without Hiroshi, the kid who only just recently moved there and happened to forget his lunch, they never would have tried to go into the school. So, in fact, this whole plan was hinging on the Ninningers randomly running into the barrier (which they did), infiltrating successfully (ditto), and then evacuating the kids without any ninja babysitter (3 for 3).

This was a terrible plan.

TAKAHARU DO YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO BRAINS WHATSOVER? DURRR I THINK I'LL HIT THE BRAKE BUT IT'S NOT WORKING MAYBE I SHOULD CHECK THE ACCELERATOR NO THAT WOULD BE STUPID.
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

I found it a bit concerning how easily the children were led into the bus. I mean, sure they danced along, but to suddenly stop dancing and walk single file into a bus that just drove away was a bit too close too abduction , in my opinion. I was also wondering who was driving the bus and why the Ninningers didn't even notice that the bus was driving on its own. Nice that they developed it into a plot point though.

Also was amused by how the children were so unamused with Takaharu. They didn't look excited or glad that they were being saved. It would be a bit hilarious if they kept Hiroshi's name on Takaharu's back though.

Was not really surprised at how Kyuuemon got his power, but the fact that Grandpa knew where Kyuuemon's power came from is a bit bizarre. What reason was there to keep that info to himself this whole time? Hopefully that gets addressed later on.
zigmenthotep
Adventure
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zigmenthotep »

Animal-themed enemies and opposing, yet similar, schools of martial arts. Is Ninninger becoming Gekiranger? Because I'm totally cool with that.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

When I think good old Gramps was low enough, he manages to go even lower. So you knew what happened to your son's ninja powers but instead of telling him or even trying to get them back, you just did nothing. Gramps is just proving once again he was probably a great ninja but a terrible parent, teacher, and human being.

As for Hayabusa's plan, I imagine the plan was supposed to be like this. He gets all the kids trapped at the school and just scare the crap out of them. Eventually the crack ninja sentai will realize there's something weird going on at the kindergarten which he would have move the kids to the bus and scare them some more. Also I didn't really like how Yakumo's magic didn't really reverse itself sooner on Takaharu and Yakumo compared to the other four. That's just abusing plot device.

Fuuka being called a child by Nagi made me laugh since she dresses like one.

I wonder if Toei uses Sakae for naming the kindergartens since in Shinkenger, Mako work at Sakae Kindergarten as well.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Phoenix512 wrote:I wonder if Toei uses Sakae for naming the kindergartens since in Shinkenger, Mako work at Sakae Kindergarten as well.
Did a little digging, it seems that Sakae Kindergarten is a real location in the middle of Tokyo. They just used it for shooting, they didn't make anything up. Likely the little kids were just students at the school, hence why their screaming is good, but they're hardly actors so they didn't really have any sort of reaction to Takaharu.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Didn't you say that ShinkenPink worked at that school too? How do you guys remember that the school was named Sakae as well?
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Honestly it's just the fact that the equipment is the same, I didn't remember the name.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Lunagel wrote:
Phoenix512 wrote:I wonder if Toei uses Sakae for naming the kindergartens since in Shinkenger, Mako work at Sakae Kindergarten as well.
Did a little digging, it seems that Sakae Kindergarten is a real location in the middle of Tokyo. They just used it for shooting, they didn't make anything up. Likely the little kids were just students at the school, hence why their screaming is good, but they're hardly actors so they didn't really have any sort of reaction to Takaharu.
Somehow this makes their non-reaction even more amazing.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

takenoko wrote:Didn't you say that ShinkenPink worked at that school too? How do you guys remember that the school was named Sakae as well?
I think I remembered it was from redoing Shinken 01 awhile ago. I went back and rewatch Mako's appearance at the school and to me it looks different from the one in Ninninger. I did notice they had the same logo though.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i liked the episode. it felt like a new beginning for them.

loved the running role call. was brilliant.

perhaps grandpa had a reason for not telling them about this.
1- shame, not being able to protect his family, and being betrayed by his student.
2- revenge. had they known about this they may have sought out revenge.
3- readiness. perhaps when the time was right when he knew the team was ready, he could lay down the truth on them as he did.

if the father doesnt know why perhaps the grandfather tried to retrieve his powers but wasnt able body enough anymore. so he just let him think something was wrong with him until such a time that he could restore his power. possible 7th member? similar to shurikenger? we'll see!

and the ninja issen mixed with ichiban shobu was really cool!
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

See Takaharu shrunk down into a marketing ploy-I mean toy, I feel I need to quote the Rifftrax of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory... Huh, you'd think with him being that much smaller he'd be that much less annoying.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”