Ninninger 29 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

How did you find this episode?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:25 am

☆☆☆☆☆
8%
☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆
36%
☆☆
8%
8%

Total votes: 25
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 29 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_29

We finally learn the secret past of Tsumuji... and it's kind of boring? Seems like this would have been a fine Father's Day episode.

"So please do not tell Tsumuji about this."

Why? How does that make any sense?

For all the buildup of Tsumuji's tragic past, it doesn't seem all that traumatic. Sure, it's important to not give up on your dreams, but people give up on their dreams and find new ones every day. It's not a trauma just because a magic fox boy stole it from you and your dad was sorta mean.

Plus we have kids and it's in a board game because it's a Sentai episode.

What's with the weak non-hug that Yoshitaka gave Tsumuji at the end? /me awkwardly pats his face

Let's try to run a poll weekly to see how people feel about an episode. Please participate if you can.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Ninninger 29 sanjou!

Post by VerusMaya II »

Ehhh it was alright. Tsumuji is probably my second favorite character honestly. My favorite part was probably when he arrives at the ending void and the game voice lists off its "eternal break" thing again. Added that extra punch as you realize "oh shit, he's been living his life without his Dream this whole time."

Which, is to say, is not a death sentence... and I think they were trying to say that at the end when Tsumuji and Yoshitaka talked? But it didn't quite get across.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

You forgot to do the blog post for this episode.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I don't really get why there was a need for secrecy about Tsumuji not knowing how he lost his powers. Actually I really think this storyline needed some revisions. Basically troll grandpa alters everyone's memory that Tsumuji was like Fuuka in terms that he didn't care about being a ninja much like Yakumo's mother. Have Kyuuemon be the one who reveals about Tsumuji having great ninja power at one time before he stole it from him and then the Ninningers would confront troll grandpa about why he hid the truth from him. I sort of get the feeling that the writers are trying make troll grandpa a bit likable but I really think they should just have the Ninningers question more about his intentions.

Did they overdub kid Kyuuemon with current Kyuuemon's voice?

I really hope that the ninja girl at the end of the episode doesn't have the hots for Takaharu. We don't need more people to say the catchphrase.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Im kinda dissapointed at who kyuemon was, it would have been a great twist if he were star's mother.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Phoenix512 wrote:Did they overdub kid Kyuuemon with current Kyuuemon's voice?
Yeah
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Only one commercial? I feel gypped. : )
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I somehow missed the significance of what happened at the end of the board game scene but I don't feel like I missed anything amazing. I was thinking that the final arc would focus on Tsumuji because that seems like something that would be significant, so I'm a tiny bit disappointed that it was covered in just one episode. Decent episode, I voted a 4 simply because they addressed something in the main story.

Also, off topic a bit, that was the first time I've seen a hero character answer a phone that was not a flip phone. I notice the stupidest details...
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

well, about the phones, yeah! my thing was they didnt have communicators. they just use their regular cell phones. i hope they have good coverage would suck if they had no bars and needed some help!

i liked this episode. i was hoping theyd have their dad in the dark a bit longer and he'd possibly be an 11th hour addition to the team. maybe steal lionhaoh .... weird how his memories were used for a boardgame though. its like a filler ep thats not a filler ep. shame they wasted the board game on a rhino though. he could have been a tough fight otherwise. im also liking how the monster of the week has its shuriken and sword combo too just wish they'd play on it more. and how could there have been tension between trollgrandpa and dad when tsumonji didnt know how he lost his powers? i mean seems like a plot hole to me. if he lost his powers and trollgrandpa knows why youd think, well .... as many have said, mr lastto ninja is something of a bad person.
perhaps its just me not knowing japanese culture. but the moment between the fathers ... when trollgrandpa rubbed his face i was expecting a kiss between the two. is it not natural for japanese families to kiss each other or is that a mom only thing? like would it have been more something? but again i know there is a culture difference here.

perhaps taka's stalker will be ...... muraninger! (murasuki being purple) or since from a different clan a ninninger version of the gouraigers.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Personally I found this episode to be very spastic. They have something deep and meaningful like Tsumuji's lost powers and his relationship with Troll-Grandpa, and then we get a board game motif and a rather dumb MOTW. The latter undermines the former.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

takenoko wrote: What's with the weak non-hug that Yoshitaka gave Tsumuji at the end? /me awkwardly pats his face
Remember the generational gap, between you and them. For their ages, that was a beautiful moment. Grandpa practised tough love on his son, came to regret it but didn't know how to change. That was a beautiful first step.

Kyuemon is being shown to be more monstrous as the show goes along. At one point I would have believed him to become the seventh, last week's preview created the possibility of a redemption arc. Then the episode proper made clear that is out of the question and Tsumuji becomes a potential seventh again.

Also, did Tsumuji recognize the Ninja Monster? I had already been getting Beetleborg vibes, but what if the drawings aren't Kyuemon's, but also a part of Tsumuji's memories he stole?
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Jetman
Infinity

Post by Jetman »

ViRGE wrote:They have something deep and meaningful like Tsumuji's lost powers and his relationship with Troll-Grandpa, and then we get a board game motif and a rather dumb MOTW. The latter undermines the former.
Yeah, I noticed that too. This episode was O.K. but could have been a lot better if it had been done more like one of the "plot" episodes rather than a filler that happened to have some plot development in it.
Barim wrote:Kyuemon is being shown to be more monstrous as the show goes along.
Yes, I love it :twisted: A show like this needs a good villain, and while I like the other members of the Kibaoni gang, I don't think any of them really have what it takes to be a very compelling central badguy.
hinomars19
Go Go!
Favorite Actor?: Kitagawa keiko
Favorite Band: Koda Kumi
Quote: Yui Koike is like a kitten wrapped in cotton wool eating candyfloss. This cannot be disputed. You try, I flip your table (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Post by hinomars19 »

Considering how important this story should have been, I gave it a 1! Totally wasted.
tr0jance
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Mayuko Arisue
Favorite Band: Loaded Diaper
My boom: Imagination
Quote: (silently fades in shadows)
Type: INFP Healer

Post by tr0jance »

By the way, I don't know if I'm not paying attention to this series but where is Tsumuji's wife? The mother of Red and White Ninninger? (Sorry if I don't remember the names ,really bad with names). Any way up until now I thought Kyuemon is a girl, guess I'm wrong. It's weird how they treat the monster's on each episodes, like the western yokai were all defeated on each of their episode, the Rhino Ninja looks badass, well except for the dice he was holding and he was defeated on a this episode as well. I thought they'll highlight the scar that the werewolf gave Star san, but I guess I'm wrong with that as well.
BeetBusterRen
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Minato Youko
Favorite Actor?: Ozawa Ryota
Favorite Band: On/Off
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider Drive
Quote: Let's~ Henshin~
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by BeetBusterRen »

tr0jance wrote:Any way up until now I thought Kyuemon is a girl, guess I'm wrong.
Thought the exact same thing. Would have been epic if he did end up a girl though, but meh.
tr0jance wrote:I thought they'll highlight the scar that the werewolf gave Star san, but I guess I'm wrong with that as well.
I'm banking on the idea that they'll be working on that in later episode when Kyuemon starts directly getting involved in the fights, after all it was his jutsu that started the thing (at least I think so)

Also
Spoiler
Is that Baba Ryouma (Blue Buster) in the preview?!
Avatar made by this awesome pixiv artist ZeruZeru

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”