Ninninger 30 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

Rating

Poll ended at Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:24 am

☆☆☆☆☆
17%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
33%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 30 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Ninninger_Shinobi_no_30

An okay episode I guess. For a guest star, it seemed like Kikyou did more acting than the Ninningers do on a regular basis.

Pacing felt good, and it was surprisingly not annoying despite being a Takaharu focused episode.

I don't think anyone in this series knows what the word Last means.

Kind of hope Kikyou hangs around, but not as Takaharu's girlfriend. Frankly, I think she's interested in Ise instead.

Awesome seeing Baba Ryouma again.

Trivia: Ise Kiroku is named after ending singer Ise Daiki. Just switch the dai and the ki around and replace dai (大) with roku (六), since the kanji look similar. I thought that was a nice touch.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Re: Ninninger 30 sanjou!

Post by Slowking »

takenoko wrote:Trivia: Ise Kiroku is named after ending singer Ise Daiki. Just switch the dai and the ki around and replace dai (大) with roku (六), since the kanji look similar. I thought that was a nice touch.
Haha, nice catch :D

Kind of an alright episode - I didn't mind Takaharu that much. My main issue is still the pacing within the episodes; it's as if they try to do too many things at once.

Baba Ryouma was great, as always.

What happened to Paonmaru, Surfermaru etc.?
Behold the Emperor!
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I'm surprised that they didn't do more to make a SASUKE reference when Takaharu ran the obstacle course.

Using hand signs to open the secret passage felt a little odd due to the lack of a sound effect.

I liked the directing for this episode. They used a lot of interesting camera angles to capture the feel of a ninja movie.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Spoiler
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

I thought that was odd too xiiliea but it's not an uncommon way to show off the belt. I've seen it before at least.

Anyway, it was a fairly good episode. Kikyou definitely is more interested in sempai sensei than Takaharu but god forbid the Red doesn't get all the power-ups and the ladies.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Meh. It wasn't half bad, and it was better than I thought it would be, given the magazine scans. Loved seeing Baba Ryouma again, whoo.

Still, you know it's bad when the villain does a more proper job of being a ninja than the Red.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Good episode, and I'm glad that I was wrong about Kikyou being a trap. I voice the same opinion with Takenoko, and hope she makes more appearances. Hell given her color, I'd wouldn't mind if she became a ranger, much like the extra rangers were in Kyouryuger.

4/5
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Interesting episode. Seemed a bit more story-driven instead of MOTW-driven, which is always nice, but it seemed like the writers wanted to point out that they can actually write a story-driven episode and happened to forget the other five Ninningers during the process. Takaharu didn't even start in the same mech as the others, why is there still a 6th seat in Shurikenjin anymore?

4/5 for me since it actually had a plot, but it gets some partial points for continuing the gag about kids thinking Takaharu is a wee bit strange. Now that we're into the 30s, hopefully we get out of the mid-season filler stage soon.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That was an odd episode, and I'm at a bit of a loss to evaluate it.

On the one hand it was clearly a story driven episode as mholden020 notes, and that's nice. It feels like we haven't had a ton of those. Especially episodes where I don't resume hating Takaharu in the end. Other than the opening act, it was all played straight with the appropriate amount of gravitas.

On the other hand there are certain elements of the plot that just don't make sense to me. Why does Kyuuemon need to train children to be ninjas? He's been summoning monsters and mooks out of thin air for over half a year now. And who exactly is Kikyou? We're told she has a history with Takuharu, but it's never really elaborated upon. He went off training? When?

Really she just sort of feels to be here because the plot dictates it. Which is a shame because the actress did very well in this episode as a guest star (takenoko is right on the nose there). Getting someone who can act and move seems like all too rare of a combination these days for the guest stars.

Finally, I don't suppose anyone knows where this episode was filmed? I get the impression that this whole episode was set up as it was because they wanted to do a location shoot at a specific spot, so I'm curious what that spot is.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>And who exactly is Kikyou? We're told she has a history with Takuharu, but it's never really elaborated upon.

They said at the beginning that he met her on his journey while training. It's Takaharu, so they probably just practiced ninja stuff together.

>He went off training? When?

He was training up to the point when he appears in episode 1. Her thinking Grandpa is dead is another indication of this.

>Finally, I don't suppose anyone knows where this episode was filmed? I get the impression that this whole episode was set up as it was because they wanted to do a location shoot at a specific spot, so I'm curious what that spot is.

Beats me. Sounds like a luna question. I'm guessing this is a ninja spot for kids, so maybe it's part of the Iga ninja attraction?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

90% sure it's this place: ninjamura.com

EDIT: Scratch that, 100% certain, found a link from the production blog. This is the place.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

ViRGE wrote:Why does Kyuuemon need to train children to be ninjas? He's been summoning monsters and mooks out of thin air for over half a year now.
He doesn't exactly care about the individual schemes of his assassins but rather the part he gets from their dead giant bodies. I also thought the ninja kids was more of Masakage's idea than Kyuuemon.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Also I stupidly forgot to mention that it was great to see Baba Ryouma again. Go-Busters is my favorite all time sentai, and I should of mentioned him in my original post.
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

That was a great episode. The Kikyou / Akaninger duo battle was well choreographed.

I liked how the Ninningers were immediately suspecting the Ninja School to be a trap. The pacing felt great in this episode as well!

I kind of hope to see more of Kikyou as well. She was a nice juxtaposition to Takaharu's character and a great fighter as well. Who needs to transform?

Seems Kyuuemon is almost done with whatever his plan is. I wonder if that signals a death flag for him? Then again, I feel that he will be around for the whole series.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:90% sure it's this place: ninjamura.com

EDIT: Scratch that, 100% certain, found a link from the production blog. This is the place.
Hero, savior, and encyclopedia all in one. :P Thanks Luna!

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”