Ninninger 32 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

Rating

☆☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆☆
67%
☆☆☆
7%
☆☆
No votes
7%

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 32 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

< Episode 31 Thread
Wiki Episode Article
Episode 33 Thread >

Last episode rating average: 3.1 (10 votes)

Pretty good episode. Good action. They did something new with the mecha (although it seemed very reminiscent of MagiRanger's way of making robo). Even Mujina is back, which is great. A smart ninja should escape death once or twice.

I also feel like I'm starting to figure out what's going on with Grandpa being dead in episode 1. Anyone think that he probably died, but used the Finishing Shuriken to keep himself alive? Or maybe he is the Finishing Shuriken taking on the form of Grandpa?

Is it me, or does GekiAtsu Dai-Oh look like a Hurricaneger mecha?

Nagi has some funny lines this time. With his patent on the advance technique and commenting on things being backwards for Kasumi to recommend just brainlessly rushing in.

The fight between Kyuuemon and Grandpa was pretty sweet. I just recently rewatched the first Star Wars movie, and there's something great about a pupil fighting his former master.

Preview
Spoiler
Yakumo falls in love with the enemy AGAIN? On a side note, it'll be cool to see a lady ninja. The female kaijin is such a rarity.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Ninninger 32 sanjou!

Post by VerusMaya II »

Nagi is too good for this show, please free him.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

takenoko wrote:I also feel like I'm starting to figure out what's going on with Grandpa being dead in episode 1. Anyone think that he probably died, but used the Finishing Shuriken to keep himself alive? Or maybe he is the Finishing Shuriken taking on the form of Grandpa?
The latter is what my guess is. I can think of a character not realizing they were a copy and/or inanimate object given human form being a plot twist on multiple occasions in toku, although it feels more common for Kamen Rider than Sentai.

Merging with the new Otomo Nin was a clever solution. It made me think of Gekiranger, but I see the Magiranger comparison as well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, when I was actually translating (as a peek behind the curtains, I write initially write these posts after watching the raw version of the video) I did notice the comparisons to GekiRanger (Not to mention it's called GekiAtsu) which I wrote into the wiki article.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

I like Grandpa's manly growl at the end of the fight. :P
Vashiev20
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: DekaYellow
Favorite Band: One ok rock
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Dont touch my taco, Im gonna touch your taco
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Vashiev20 »

Honestly this episode made me actually like this show more. I love the new mech design and it made the "team control mech with movements" make more sense here than in any other show.

I kind of liked Takaharu's "why are we trying to be just like grandpa" thing. It made more sense than almost anything else he has said or done this entire series.

The grandpa fight was amazingly done, and opened very good speculation on whether its really their grandpa or finishing suriken, or if he died and the finishing suriken is inside him keeping him alive without him knowing it. The fact there are many possibilities is making this show intriguing.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I was confused with the motif of the new robo. Up to this point all the gattais have had some sort of throne that they sit on. However that was grandpa's way of doing things, there was one Last Ninja. With this, they are still in the heart of the robo, literally considering they are the finisher. All six though are in the center.

Also have there been another robo that used six new robots without using any previous robos? I think this one might be the first six part-mecha combo with new robos only.
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

I really like the design of this gattai compared to the original one. It's nice to see that everyone got a brand new Otomo Nin.
These mechas are very similar to MagiRangers, in my opinion. Even the attacks are similar.

The fight between Grandpa and Kyuuemon was awesome. So many great effects too!

The new gattai Finisher looks great, and really sets itself apart from the other Sentais.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

V2 coming

Post by takenoko »

[18:57] <Lunagel> take, mistranslation in ninninger
[18:57] <Lunagel> じいちゃんより弱い俺たちがじいちゃんと同じやり方で→
[18:57] <Lunagel> 15:25.97 - 15:28.99 じいちゃんが作ったライオンハオーを負かした→
[18:57] <Lunagel> 15:28.99 - 15:30.98 十六夜のカラクリを倒すんだろ?
[18:57] <Lunagel> "we're not as good as grandpa, but we're using his ways."
[18:57] <Lunagel> "grandpa's lion ha-oh was defeated by izayoi's karakuri, right?"
[18:58] <Lunagel> this line should be "can we really defeat izayoi's karakurai with grandpa's lion ha-oh if we're using grandpa's techniques even though we're weaker than him?"
[18:59] <Lunagel> also in preview bit it's the Kunoichi that loved Yakumo, not the opposite
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Re: V2 coming

Post by RoxasXIII »

takenoko wrote: [18:58] <Lunagel> this line should be "can we really defeat izayoi's karakurai with grandpa's lion ha-oh if we're using grandpa's techniques even though we're weaker than him?"
just my opinion but I think this is more fitted in (because that line like saying they still want to beat izayoi's karakuri with lion ha-oh)

"can we really defeat izayoi's karakuri who defeat grandpa's lion ha-oh using the same techniques that grandpa use even though we're weaker than him?""

or this one from fb

"we're not as good as grandpa. then by using his ways, that's going to defeat izayoi's karakuri who beat grandpa's lion ha-oh?"
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

It sort of feels like this episode has doubled-down on Takaharu's stupidity by having all of the Ninningers embrace it. It makes for a cool mecha concept, but at the same time since Takaharu's mannerisms drive me nuts, it leaves me a bit annoyed. Especially since everything about the robo is "hot."

Anyhow, this ended up being an exciting episode. On the Kiboni side, despite the fact that Kyuuemon beat the Ninningers last time, he's in more hot water than ever, with both generals coming down on him. It's a bit surprising since you'd think they'd be happy that the Ninningers were given a black eye and otherwise incapacitated, since it would leave the Kiboni army free to run amok. And Mujina feels like a bit of a hand wave just to give the Ninnengers someone to fight before the boss fight.

As for the Ninningers, I've been waiting to see if we'd have a Troll-Grandpa fight for half a season now and I have not come away disappointed. They had to go to great lengths to hide the stunty's face, but I can work with that. Having an epic Kyuuemon fight was great, all the more so since Troll-Grandpa essentially lost that fight.:D It does make one wonder what the flash of light was though. I suspect the finishing shuriken like everyone else.

And for the rest of the clan, issues with doubling-down on Takaharu aside, I liked the build-up to the new mecha. That they're doing things differently from Troll-Grandpa (a clearly flawed individual) is cool, and having Shishioh on the DL is going to force them to stop spamming the fire sword finisher.

This episode had a lot of good mecha fight footage, which is always a plus in my book. I'm a bit disappointed that the new mecha and robo are so CGI-centric, but it's admittedly pretty typical that only one or two mecha have their gattai/transformation is done with models, and we already had that with Lion Ha-Oh. The new robo for its part isn't a cluster and the suit clearly has decent mobility, though with Sentai as of late constantly trying to combine all of the mecha, I'm worried we're going to see a megacluster here by the end of the series.

Finally, doesn't this also mark the first time the 6th ranger has received a new mecha mid-season along with the rest of the team? We've had 6th's with multiple mecha for gattai purposes, but not a full-on replacement in this manner. And that the resulting robo is a straight-up 6-piece design is a very exciting departure from the usual Sentai rules.

Preview:
Spoiler
Yakumo needs to get a hobby or something. His fascination with inanimate objects and monsters is unhealthy

Front page: Does anyone else find the "I'd ship it" text a wee bit disturbing? They're blood relatives after all...
takenoko wrote:Is it me, or does GekiAtsu Dai-Oh look like a Hurricaneger mecha?
Yes. The chest-piece, bird head, heavy use of blue, and not-a-real-hand makes it look a whole lot like Senpuujin. There's no way that's anything less than intentional.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Finally, doesn't this also mark the first time the 6th ranger has received a new mecha mid-season along with the rest of the team?

Maybe? I felt like that might have been the case considering the dialogue, but I'm not really the person to ask for Sentai trivia.

>"we're not as good as grandpa. then by using his ways, that's going to defeat izayoi's karakuri who beat grandpa's lion ha-oh?"[/quote]

I like splitting off the first part. The second part seems a bit clunky though. Maybe "So does it make sense to use his methods considering his Lion Ha-Oh was defeated by Izayoi's karakuri?"
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Interesting episode, I liked it. I seriously doubt Kyuuemon is dead though. We've had 32 episodes building him up, I don't see him getting written out this soon. Plus, do we actually know why he's a fox?

The line "they're cutting a path to becoming the Last Ninja" is a bit loaded. I read it as implying that all of them could be the last ninja?!
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>The line "they're cutting a path to becoming the Last Ninja" is a bit loaded. I read it as implying that all of them could be the last ninja?!

Why not? It's not like they're using the word "last" correctly in any other sense.
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

takenoko wrote: >"we're not as good as grandpa. then by using his ways, that's going to defeat izayoi's karakuri who beat grandpa's lion ha-oh?"
I like splitting off the first part. The second part seems a bit clunky though. Maybe "So does it make sense to use his methods considering his Lion Ha-Oh was defeated by Izayoi's karakuri?"
that's what I mean :D

I'm going with that. It's definitely clearer than previous one :D

so v3? ^^;

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”