Ninninger 33 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

Rating

Poll ended at Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:29 am

☆☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
8%
No votes

Total votes: 12
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Ninninger 33 sanjou!

Post by Lunagel »

Kinji doesn't actually speak good Japanese, he speaks weird Japanese. It's like a mixture of the Osakan accent and period dramas. Think Shakespeare with a southern accent and you've basically got Kinji.

Howeverrrrrrr when you're first learning a language you don't immediately jump into the hard stuff. You cannot jump immediately into reading Charles Dickens, and you cannot learn a language (in a short time) solely from listening to it, otherwise we'd have a lot more Naruto fans fluent in Japanese. This trope of the foreigner learning archaic Japanese instead of modern because hohoho they think it is normal Japanese! is pretty ubiquitous but it's one of those I hate because in the end it's just basically making fun of the minority
GekiGokaiShinken
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Let's Party Night!

Post by GekiGokaiShinken »

Correct me if i am wrong, but No one seemed to be "On Fire" this episode.
bluegreen
Infinity

Post by bluegreen »

As far as Kinji goes, if he was born in the US, he is a US citizen, even if his parents weren't (although the republicans are trying to change that). I would assume he can rightfully call himself American. They have kept him from saying any more English than necessary, I suppose, so we won't notice he doesn't speak it well. It would be nice if they could have found an actual Japanese-American actor for that role who could provide good English and a natural slightly-off Japanese, but I guess they don't think it out that far.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Still a better love story than twilight.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:Kinji is a ridiculous characture of an American and speaks English about as well as a parrot. Funny character, but boy is about as American as sushi.
Well to be fair, California Rolls sure as heck aren't Japanese... :lol:
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

^^^ nice!

hey everyone look! the otominin are still around, ufomaru made a cameo!

isnt susumebachi the name of a shinkai from bleach? the assassin squad leader? the 2 hit instant kill one? meh

i really liked that Aoninger was able to do more in this episode than usual. his water techniques were pretty cool.

Spoiler
oh jiraiya is an actual character from another series. and here i am thinking he would be this series ninjaman. perhaps he'll be a regular?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

midorininger wrote:
Spoiler
oh jiraiya is an actual character from another series.[..]perhaps he'll be a regular?
Preview:
Spoiler
Dude, don't get my hopes up. ;; Something like that'd actually get me watching on a regular basis again.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

midorininger wrote:isnt susumebachi the name of a shinkai from bleach? the assassin squad leader? the 2 hit instant kill one? meh
Yeah, it just means Wasp. I thought I put a note in the episode that said it, but it's on the wiki if I didn't.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Lunagel wrote:Think Shakespeare with a southern accent and you've basically got Kinji.
That thought gave me chills...I've actually experienced that
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Next episode spoiler
Spoiler
By the way, am i the only one who is esxcited about Yoshi Sudarso on new episode, even if its just a small cameo?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Loved it. Great play by Blue, even though he was definitely uncomfortable in this situation.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Best part of the episode was preview of next episode can't wait to watch some more ninja :P
GekiGokaiShinken

Really? Takaharu does not say he is "On Fire" first time in an episode and you guys just pass it over? I understand next episode is on the mind but you guys made a huge deal about this weeks ago.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

GekiGokaiShinken wrote:Really? Takaharu does not say he is "On Fire" first time in an episode and you guys just pass it over? I understand next episode is on the mind but you guys made a huge deal about this weeks ago.
When the guy is unconscious for half the episode, it's a hollow victory.
GekiGokaiShinken

Lunagel wrote:
GekiGokaiShinken wrote:Really? Takaharu does not say he is "On Fire" first time in an episode and you guys just pass it over? I understand next episode is on the mind but you guys made a huge deal about this weeks ago.
When the guy is unconscious for half the episode, it's a hollow victory.
but a victory for the ears non the less

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”