Ninninger 33 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

Rating

Poll ended at Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:29 am

☆☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
8%
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 33 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

<Ep 32
Wiki Article
Ep 34>

Last week's rating: 3.93 / 5

That was a really good episode. (Note how quickly Takaharu is taken out in this one). When was the last serious episode that we had about Yakumo? We had some actual damn strategy to the battle this time, thanks to the squad leader having some brains this time.

I liked all this discussion about what it means to be a ninja.

I actually laughed pretty hard at some of the scenes in this episode too.

I wish the villain this time didn't have an Osakan accent. Although it makes sense, since they're called Oniwaban. They were the spies/ninjas that appeared in the Kenshin live movies:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oniwaban_%28spy%29
Actually, maybe Suzumebachi has a Kyoto accent, which is similar to an Osakan accent? I honestly don't know if the Oniwaban were known to be associated at a specific locale, but they definitely had a high concentration at Kyoto in the Kenshin movie.

The only dumb thing about this episode was when Takaharu was shot, everyone crowded around the spot where he was shot and turned their backs to Suzumebachi. Luckily, she decides to foolishly come down from her sniper's perch and face them on the ground.

What's the deal with those wind pipes on the wood boards that appear before the CM break? Is that symbollic of something in Japanese?

Come on, Tsumuji. Don't compliment Yakumo for knowing the most well-known play in the world.

Maybe I like this episode because it's written by Mouri Nobuhiro (He also wrote the episode where Yakumo falls in love with his lawnmower).

I had no idea that the Momoninger-Aoninger relationship was a triangle with Starninger!

Probably one of Ninnin's rarely deserved 5 / 5 for me.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Re: Ninninger 33 sanjou!

Post by Slowking »

5/5 from me too; some really enjoyable moments, almost reminiscent of Akibaranger!
Behold the Emperor!
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

takenoko wrote: What's the deal with those wind pipes on the wood boards that appear before the CM break? Is that symbollic of something in Japanese?
I believe it is an alarm bell triggered by either a trip wire or a lookout standing guard. That is how Suzumebachi knew to investigate outside her hideout.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

"Let's do an American-British combination" GUYS YOU'RE BOTH JAPANESE THIS IS NOT BATTLE FEVER J
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm not sure I can go 5 stars on this given some of the inherent absurdities with a giant wasp lusting after a guy in blue spandex. But it was a good episode for the reasons Takenoko has already highlighted. (Especially the part where we didn't have to hear from Takaharu for almost 15 minutes)

Random aside: I swear I've previously seen that above-ground stone structure squid-face was standing in. However I don't remember it having a fence the last time we saw it.
Galada
Go Go!

Post by Galada »

THAT PREVIEW
Spoiler
IT'S JIRAYA. OMG, THEY REMEMBERED THAT JIRAYA EXISTED. Has anyone seen the series? I watched it when I was a kid, it was pretty popular here in Brazil. Man, I can't believe they're bringing it back. YES

Oh, and the episode was good, I guess.
Vashiev20
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: DekaYellow
Favorite Band: One ok rock
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Dont touch my taco, Im gonna touch your taco
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Vashiev20 »

I liked this episode more than most. Probably because Takaharu was taken out really quickly. Im thinking suzumebachi is tied to whatever kyuuemon was ultimately planning since she had that weird cog thing on her.

I also really liked that the proper meaning of the "romeo, romero, wherefore art thou romeo" was used.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I have to ask, since they obviously know how to write good episodes of this show, why don't they do it more often? imagine if the whole show had been this good so far.

but, yeah, fantastic episode this time around. and I honestly felt a little bad for Suzumebachi for a little while there. I kinda hoped it might actually work out. like they'd find some kind of technique to turn her human or something, and maybe call her Suzu Mebachi, since that's the kind of naming sense I expect from shows like this.

also, I was partly hoping that would happen because I feel like several episodes back, the time Kinji went Chouzetsu against the wolf man, even if it wasn't done to completion, that youki Kyuuemon was trying to put in him is going to be a big deal later, so having a solution now would help later if needed.

then again, this could just be my usual overactive imagination at work.
Verfor99
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Verfor99 »

takenoko wrote:Another female kaijin? That makes for three, right?
Been watching Kakuranger the last few months, they've got at least three as well (not counting the Kunoichi gang).
Maybe it's a Ninja Ranger thing?
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Automatic 3/5 to start simply because Takaharu was taken out immediately. No more than that though, I couldn't help but think that Yakumo turned down Suzumebachi because he's still not over the lawnmower. :? That one episode was so ridiculous that it's going to stick with me forever, most likely.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

mholden020 wrote:I couldn't help but think that Yakumo turned down Suzumebachi because he's still not over the lawnmower. :? That one episode was so ridiculous that it's going to stick with me forever, most likely.
You'll get a real buzz from an electric mower, that's for sure.

*ducks*
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Verfor99 wrote:
takenoko wrote:Another female kaijin? That makes for three, right?
Been watching Kakuranger the last few months, they've got at least three as well (not counting the Kunoichi gang).
Maybe it's a Ninja Ranger thing?
Gotta have those kunoichi, right?
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

Lunagel wrote:"Let's do an American-British combination" GUYS YOU'RE BOTH JAPANESE THIS IS NOT BATTLE FEVER J
Kinji was born and raised in the US, so to me, if he feels American, he can call himself that. Yakumo only went to boarding school in the UK, I doubt he lived there during his childhood. (Did they go into more detail about that?)

Also, her base, was that the standard Sentai stone quarry?

Not directly related to the episode but the wiki link links to last episode.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Kinji is a ridiculous characture of an American and speaks English about as well as a parrot. Funny character, but boy is about as American as sushi.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

Yeah, I've always thought they got that wrong. He should be fluent in English with broken Japanese, not the other way around.

And to clarify what Barim said, the blog post for this release links to the wiki page for episode 32 instead of 33.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”