Ninninger 35 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

Rating

Poll ended at Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:57 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
7%
☆☆☆☆
73%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
No votes
7%

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 35 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's rating: 3.25 / 5
Last week was down a whole point!

Pretty decent episode. I feel like they mishandled the moral of the story though, but I can't fault the appearance of Chouzetsu Kininger. It's great, since he moves fast like you'd expect him to.

But back to the moral, this whole thing was about Nagi believing himself to believe in Kinji. And he got it totally wrong. Kinji was giving in to his fears and made a faustian pact that lead him to become what he most despised. This fall of a hero story is timeless!

The only thing that didn't make sense was the location of Urasame. No explanation for what the building was. Heck, it looked like Kyuuemon pulled the sword out of the trash. At least try to offer some backstory!

Anyway, this episode was pretty good. Actual focus on Nagi and Kinji. Minimal Takaharu. I think it deserves a 4.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Ninninger 35 sanjou!

Post by PHurricane »

So-so episode. The placement of the katana was so bizarre that I almost suspect Kyuuemon of placing it there to complicate matters as part of a larger plot - maybe to get back into the good graces of the Kibaoni clan?

I winced when Nagi complained that Kinji didn’t understand what it was like to be the youngest. Did he (or the writers) forget that Kinji was the youngest in his family and his father and older brother are dead because they were Hunters?

Nagi’s use of the Chouzetsu Brace was nice, but it came out of nowhere. So much for Shishioh being really picky about who gets to use his power.

Preview:
Spoiler
The poncho in that preview is a bit much.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Preview:
Spoiler
PHurricane wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler

We've gone from cowboys with hamburgers, to Elvis. How more American can you get?
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

So-So Ep. almost skipped a head in this episode felt like it was dragging. So far Nin' as awhole feels like stuff gets done yet at the same time nothing gets done. 13 Eps left I take (feel bad for saying this) but I can't wait till its over.
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

The way the preview so utterly destroyed whatever drama the episode ended with was almost endearing. :V
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

guys SPOILER TAGS!

decent episode, the transcendent nagi was awesome. was it just me, or did his transcendent costume look more well put together? when it was star it seemed cheap somehow. and lionhaoh IS picky but he may not have had any beef with nagi at the moment, since he was being quite bold. remember he doesnt want to rampage with any one who he feels cant rampage up to his level. UNLESS! it's a cute female.

i kinda though kyuuemon was going to use the sword to recharge his you-power, via stealing kinji's so him actually transforming was unexpected for me at least.
did anyone catch that gurren lagaan moment?

Spoiler
i believe super star mode is meant to look more like a poncho, and be mexican in nature. i wonder if we'll see a transcendent super star mode starninger?
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Not a bad episode, but nothing fantastic either. Minimal Takaharu is always good! I expected the sword to be on some shrine with a backlight and fog machines...but it was in a closet with some golf clubs. Hurricane brings up a good point, I get the feeling it was placed there beforehand...
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Episode 35 and only now does Yellow get power-up form. We're not gonna see the girls get it, are we?

This is why I hate single person power-ups.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Im liking Takaharu more now, he has been behaving much better lately, specially in this episode all of them were more mature than usual. Nagi has been growing much more in the series than anyone else, he is somehow becoming a much greater part of the show. too bad for Fuuka that right now seems to be the weak link of the team.
the preview was indeed really bad.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:Episode 35 and only now does Yellow get power-up form. We're not gonna see the girls get it, are we?

This is why I hate single person power-ups.
Best case scenario: they share it ala Hyper ToQ
Worst case scenario: they don't get to use it due to Shishi-Oh being a skirt-chasing pervert
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

White already did power up. Just not in transformed. I imagine they will get a shot though. Blue as well because I don't think he's done it either.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Catastrophe wrote:White already did power up. Just not in transformed. I imagine they will get a shot though. Blue as well because I don't think he's done it either.
If it's played off for laughs it doesn't count. That's not a proper use, it's a way to shrug off the girls without giving them an actual transformation.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Shishi-Oh is the first power up that might commit sexual harassment on the user.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

well duh of coarse kyuuemon placed it there.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That was a really interesting MOTW design. I can't think of the last time (if ever?) that we've had a monster with such a large headpiece. In fact I'm a bit surprised that it's even safe; that much foam rubber supported at the neck has to be heavy, which seems like it would be a risk to the stuntie. And for that matter now I'm curious how anyone sees out of such a contraption, as the head hanging down would block the stuntie's view. Maybe they've finally figured out how to wire up a MOTW suit for video? :P

Anyhow, that was a Takaharu-light episode, which is always appreciated. Otherwise it was a strangely busy episode: it was a Nagi focus episode, but Kinji was doing things with Kyuuemon in the background, and then squid-head was tracking both of them down while making mazes. Kinji was clearly the B-plot, but I'm not sure the A-plot got the attention it deserves.

Also, what is it with this show putting holes in people? The MOTW was drilled twice in a single episode! :lol:
takenoko wrote: The only thing that didn't make sense was the location of Urasame. No explanation for what the building was. Heck, it looked like Kyuuemon pulled the sword out of the trash. At least try to offer some backstory!
Thank you! An all-powerful demon sword was mixed in with with a tennis racket, some golf clubs, and a mop (this sounds like the setup for a joke). I guess the audience was supposed to insinuate that whoever owned it thought it was a prop?
VerusMaya II wrote:Preview:
Spoiler
PHurricane wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler

We've gone from cowboys with hamburgers, to Elvis. How more American can you get?
Guns (okay, Kinji's sword doubles as one), muscle cars, and JFK.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”