Ninninger 36 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

Rating

Poll ended at Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:45 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
20%
☆☆☆☆
67%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
13%
No votes

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 36 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's rating: 3.73 / 5

Fun ep. I like that the Nagi episode carried through here. Nagi was the first person to help Kinji and to sheath the demon sword. And the next episode looks like Nagi does a lot too, so is this the era of Nagi?! I'm also liking the friendship he's having with Kinji.

The Youkai almost running over Tsugomori was actually kind of a laugh out loud moment. Also, Tsugomori is apparently immortal (to an extent?). Good thing he never tried to personally snuff out the Ninningers before, since he died at least twice in this episode?

I'm really appreciating Starninger in terms of breaking new ground for the extra Ranger trope. (At least this stuff seems new to me) Not only does he get Chouzetsu in a regular episode, he also gets a power-up. And it's nothing fancy, just a poncho and a new sword, but it works really well. Doing the cool thing with the tip of his hat, etc, that's great. It's nice to see a physical representation of his growth to go along with his character and mental growth.

I sorta like too-much-makeup Kinji/evil Kinji. LOL.

Nice use of Kinji's character song "Shooting Star" (Meteor?) which had lyrics cowritten by Kinji's actor.

Weird, just noticed that Grandpa said the exact same lines as Kyuuemon when in the dream.

Also, this is your Ninjaman guest appearance, since the Youkai is played by Ninjaman's voice actor Yao Kazuki

Preview spoilers:
Spoiler
I like the costumes. Next week's episode looks pretty good.

Probably not 5 worthy, but still a good episode. Solid 4.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Ninninger 36 sanjou!

Post by PHurricane »

Man, this is turning into the Nagi-and-Kinji show, isn’t it? Not necessarily a bad thing, but not something I would have guessed at the start of the series, or even half-way through.

The pose for “Super Starninger” had me cracking up. It looked more like Saturday Night Fever/disco than rock and roll. Makes you wonder what goes through the minds of the suit actors when they’re coming up with these things.

That final mecha is so bulky that it’s got to be doing more damage to the city than any monster it’s fighting. And wasn’t ShurikenJin damaged a few weeks back? Did they ever acknowledge that it was fixed before it showed up and got flattened again?

Grandpa mysteriously encouraging Kinji as a disembodied voice was suspicious. Makes me think that theory about Grandpa being a spirit has a good chance of being true.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

PHurricane wrote: And wasn’t ShurikenJin damaged a few weeks back? Did they ever acknowledge that it was fixed before it showed up and got flattened again?
They didn't explicitly say anything. I guess the audience was supposed to assume that they were fixed when the Chouzetsu Shoubu Changer and Lion Ha-oh came back repaired. They just didn't use them before because Gekiatsu Dai-oh requires the entire team to possess its various parts. In this episode, the team was split up so they had to use ShurikenJin instead.

It was funny seeing Kyuuemon throwing a tantrum after seeing his plan fail.
Gottis
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: UM SNAKE DAD
Favorite Actor?: Inukai Atsuhiro
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Making music videos!
Quote: We're the Heroes of Our Time

Post by Gottis »

I'm liking all the Kinji focus and that Nagi is more and more fleshed out, because the boy needs it. Now, the best part of the episode was Kyuuemon's tantrum. Somewhere he's still like 12 years old and I laughed so hard at that. >_>
Finished: All Heisei
Watching: Zi-O
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I like how Red has taken a back seat for a while and the others get some real development. Love the song that played during Super Stars fight.

Also love the route they went with the combined robot, taking the Gobusters approach to it.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Solid 4, not too bad at all! The first half seemed to be a bit "meh" but picked up after the midpoint and made up for the start. Also, it gets points for the Kyuuemon tantrum and "Moete kita!" not being shoe-horned into a random line of dialog.

Are we supposed to assume that Super Starninger is on a greater power level than Chouzetsu Starninger? Maybe it's just me, but I'd feel way more badass-y with all the samurai armor on, ponchos just get really hot. :lol:

Spoiler
So...LARPing next week?
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I really like the chest piece that Super Star gets. It gives a more western feeling than his regular chest piece. I believe this is the first time instead of just being an extra ranger. Kinji is actually being upgraded to main team. I know that sounds weird and it hard to explain what I mean. I feel like we may get a lot more Kinji focused episodes for the rest of the series aside from the other sentais sort of ignoring their extra rangers near the end.

Spoiler
I can't wait for the next episode... looks hilarious.
tr0jance
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Mayuko Arisue
Favorite Band: Loaded Diaper
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Imagination
Quote: (silently fades in shadows)

Post by tr0jance »

My kind sir's can someone please seed the SD version, I've been downloading it for 5 hours now..., thanks.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

My bad. Should be fixed now.
Jetman
Infinity

Post by Jetman »

Kuchiri wrote:I believe this is the first time instead of just being an extra ranger. Kinji is actually being upgraded to main team. I know that sounds weird and it hard to explain what I mean. I feel like we may get a lot more Kinji focused episodes for the rest of the series aside from the other sentais sort of ignoring their extra rangers near the end.
No, I get what you're saying. Kinji's gotten the most development of any Ninninger and has been really central to the plot with Yoshitaka and Kyuuemon. He definitely seems like a "core" character instead of just "the sixth ranger."
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

No Kasumi or Fuuka ep since ep 25 until now.
This show now become more and more boy show rather than "Sentai" show.
1/2 of show is Takaharu and Kinji; 1/3 after is Yakumo, Kinji and Nagi. I worry that is the writers know how "Sentai" mean?
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Kuchiri »

kangchan wrote:No Kasumi or Fuuka ep since ep 25 until now.
This show now become more and more boy show rather than "Sentai" show.
1/2 of show is Takaharu and Kinji; 1/3 after is Yakumo, Kinji and Nagi. I worry that is the writers know how "Sentai" mean?
It's a show targeted towards 4-7 year old boys... There's a reason why old teams only had one female character that never did anything. They even had an all male team.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Key word: Old.

Yeah, the main target is always going to be boys, but how many people outside that group watch these shows now? We just had our first female Toei director, time's are changing.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

But let's face it, Fuuka is a terrible character, all she does is getting beat up, but unlike Nagi, she does not seems to have any ability to improve.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Kuchiri »

takenoko wrote:Key word: Old.

Yeah, the main target is always going to be boys, but how many people outside that group watch these shows now? We just had our first female Toei director, time's are changing.
Sentai has tried to change though (how many females were unoffical leaders) but it's still clear where they want to focus to be. I'm surprised we haven't had a girl power episode though. They usually do one with the female members.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”