Ninninger 39 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

Rating

Poll ended at Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:54 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆☆
56%
☆☆☆
11%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 9
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 39 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's rating: 3.55 / 5 (11 votes) Not even Tsubasa could save it.

That was a surprisingly good episode. At first, I was worried that they'd ruin Kasumi by making her super weak (I still don't agree that she would have been shell shocked while Fuuka was being hit) but seeing her power up at the end was really great. I even liked that she didn't wear the stupid suit (mostly because I think swapping out the face plate is dumb), yet still got a powered up sword. And it makes sense that a mech fiend like herself would be able to use all the different heads rapidly and by herself. It makes up for UFOmaru falling into Takaharu's hands, which made no sense.

A rare 5 for this series. Kasumi has her low point, and an arc up. And the teamwork actually had a good Sentai feel to it. Also, Mangetsu seems kind of smart? We could use a good villain besides Kyuuemon.

So how's this going to work? Are we killing the whole Kibaoni family to end this threat? Do we start with the wife? The son? It kind of comes off as an Assassin Creed's "We gotta kill people to make the world a better place". They're certainly not innocent, but they're so bumbling and silly that it's hard to take these guys seriously as villains.

I thought the car sale commercial was funny because it appeared right before Ninninger started.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Ninninger 39 sanjou!

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I personally thought most of this episode fell flat. There should have been like, 4-5 episodes in-between this one (make a whole story arc out of it, they certainly have enough episodes left) otherwise them kicking Mangetsu's butt doesn't come off as dramatic as they want. (Especially someone like Fuuka.. she gets her arse kicked but one talk later, she's on-par with Mangetsu? Whuh?) Worst case, it comes off as cheap and that the staff doesn't want this team to have any trouble despite how off it feels.

Tl;dr: They had the sandwich covers, but none of the important ingredients like the peanut butter or the cold cuts and honey mustard.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Sooooo she was pregnant for 444 years? ...that seems .... um, yeah, ouch

KASUMI DOESN'T GET CHOZETSU BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATCH HER FASHION SENSE?! FUCK THIS WRITER FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

In theory, I should have enjoyed this episode a lot more than I did. Perfect characters are boring and unrealistic, so a storyline where a successful person has to deal with failure should be good for character development. I even like addressing the fact that sometimes you can be aware of a pitfall, such as underestimating an opponent, but still find yourself falling down that hole. I really enjoyed the conversation between Kasumi and Gramps where they discussed that.

Despite all that, something about the episode bothered me. I think it boils down to the way Kasumi practically gave up as soon as Mangetsu showed himself to be more competent than they anticipated. I wouldn't have minded so much if she had been hurt and then had to watch Mangetsu wail on Fuuka, but she just sat there and cried until Kinji pulled everyone out of the battle even though she hadn't been dealt much physical harm at that point.

At least they didn’t completely wipe-out Kasumi’s skills for the sake of the plot, like I feared last week based on the preview. In fact, they confirmed that she really is the strongest - she held her own against Mangetsu when he was fighting seriously, she used both powerups (even turning down the ugly armor, which I took as a good thing), and she piloted ShurikenJin with all the auxiliary Otomo Nin by herself.

The others had nice moments too. I liked that Fuuka used the Pitfall technique against Mangetsu - it seems to be her specialty - and Yakumo sneaking him and Nagi in as Hyakkarage so that Mangetsu would take out his own honor guard was clever.

Unfortunately, Kasumi seemed to be moping as the episode drew to a close. First Kinji, now Kasumi. What is going on with these characters?
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

This is the first time one of Kasumi's plans failed isn't it. I'm thinking Kasumi was still trying to figure out how her plan failed and what she missed during the scene while Fuuka was getting assaulted.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Lunagel wrote:KASUMI DOESN'T GET CHOZETSU BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATCH HER FASHION SENSE?! FUCK THIS WRITER FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU
Easy...easy... :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, that was kind of weird. At first I thought "Maybe the armor pieces don't actually fit well on the smaller suit actor" but immediately remembered Fuuka wearing the armor, so I got nothing. I just saw it as being Kasumi is such a badass that she doesn't need it. This episode was so "5 of 5" that I was shocked, mainly since we haven't seen genuinely good episodes for a while. I enjoyed it all, save for the "fashion sense" comment. Maybe they ran out of budget making Mangetsu's suit and couldn't make the pink Chouzetsu helmet? Mangetsu does look pretty cool...

Quick off-topic question: Has it even been stated what this banner is? It's prominently placed in most of the shots it's in and it's gotten me curious. I checked my hiragana cheat sheet and found nothing, figured I'd ask here.

Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It's 忍タリティ Nintality. Pretty sure it got subbed in the first couple of eps but stopped after that.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

eh i dont think either of the girls want to wear lionhaoh because they know he's a lecher. but, she still used his power. so. thats a small win for him. no super star mode?

that look at the end. she's still upset about something. her using the various shurikenjin's was just an after thought since we havent seen them in so long.

btw, ive noticed sentai teams dont have motorcycles anymore. yes i know go-busters did, but it seems rare anymore. and in this series id have thought there have been a few times where they could have used a motorcycle.
Jetman
Infinity

Post by Jetman »

No real complaints about this one. Just an all around good episode. Five stars.

Though, I wonder what's up with the "hand" thing with Mangetsu's design. None of the other leader villains use an object or body part motif, so why does he?
hinomars19
Go Go!
Favorite Actor?: Kitagawa keiko
Favorite Band: Koda Kumi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Yui Koike is like a kitten wrapped in cotton wool eating candyfloss. This cannot be disputed. You try, I flip your table (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Post by hinomars19 »

Gave it a 4. Being a Kasumi fan, it's all that saves this series, and this episode. But even for a Kasumi focus, too much falls flat around her. I can't bear to give the 5 she deserves. Not the worst plot, but the writing/ pacing feels like a toddler trying to understand the concept of walking instead of an experienced adult in it's stride.

Points for trying, I guess :/

Edit: I'm with Luna, btw. I can't give this feeble excuse a pass under 'character trait'. Not happening. Just give us a full team power up sentai again and stop worrying about girl figures shelf warming damn it!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Kind of average. Stepping into the endgame you'd expect things to start getting a little more tense.
envedges
Infinity

Post by envedges »

Lunagel wrote: KASUMI DOESN'T GET CHOZETSU BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATCH HER FASHION SENSE?! FUCK THIS WRITER FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

I find that part interesting too which suggest that they're too lazy to make a new helmet and put a new decal on the chest, or just want to keep the Chozetsu power up to only the male rangers. I hope it's not true, maybe Fuuka will finally get one for her ranger form as a way of showing rivalry towards her brother or the potential that she can probably surpass her brother. Though I still dig her civilian Chozetsu which remind me a lot like a Mecha-Musume.
Shurikenger108

Post by Shurikenger108 »

Great the only thing I dont like this episode is that Kasumi did not use Chouzetsu. And I think if Kasumi did not use it, maybe Fuuka will not either.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Mm i the only that feels bad for the way Mangetsu treats his mother?

By the way, kinda nice to see kasumi vulnerable. i suppose she paralized because of how she was used to win always. failure was something she might not be ready for.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

yeah, he isnt so good towards tactician guy either. guess they want him to be a brat of sorts or preparing us for how ruthless his dad could be.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”