Ninninger 43 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:41 am

☆☆☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆☆☆
22%
☆☆☆
22%
☆☆
22%
33%

Total votes: 9
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ninninger 43 sanjou!

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's rating: 3.72 / 5 (11 votes)

Eeeh. It's a clip show. Why did they bring Shurikenger for this episode? To play card referee? Way to squander your resources.

I actually kinda like the fight that happens when Takaharu shrinks down though. I thought it was creatively done. And yes, the ending is great. But when did lamentation and grief equate to fear? I can see this plot working for like Shinkenger, but these bad guys only run the fear economy as far as I know.

So a couple good things, but overall a wasted episode.

No Ninninger for 2 weeks? Dang! I'm really surprised about that. I can't remember the last time a Super Hero Time took two weeks off. Next episode airs January 17th. See you in the new year!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Ninninger 43 sanjou!

Post by PHurricane »

Aside from the fact that I think this is Ninninger’s third clip episode, it wasn’t terrible. I got a laugh out of the way everyone froze when Ookami Otoko came up. And I agree, the miniature battle was kind of fun to watch.

Very strange to see the Toqger/Kyouryuuger movie replacing Ninninger’s episode slot. Wonder if there was a problem with production or they decided when they wanted the new series to air and didn’t have enough episodes to fill up time until then.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This was the Shurikenger gag that the 10 years after wasted. The only reason I watched the whole thing rather than skipping to the end was because Shuirkenger is boss.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

takenoko wrote:No Ninninger for 2 weeks? Dang! I'm really surprised about that. I can't remember the last time a Super Hero Time took two weeks off. Next episode airs January 17th. See you in the new year!
That's because last time Sentai took two weeks off, Super Hero Time didn't exist! It was 25 years ago, between episodes 43 and 44 of Fiveman.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

The standard New Year's clip show is standard, I guess. But there was a surprisingly large amount of new footage; I feel like these clip shows are normally even lighter than this. And like everyone else has already noted, the miniature battle was amusing, as it was not too long and not too short.

As for Ariake, I don't think that was grief? My assumption is that it's all of that fear energy she's been sucking up for herself finally being let go.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

For a clip show I enjoyed it but it was the events with Kyuemon and the Kibaoni clan that i was interested in. The tiny Yokai fight reminded me of the Eraseriod from Go-busters so that was a plus.

As for Ariake, I'm putting it down to a mixture of two things, Fear of being alone, as they had made no progress reviving Gengetsu and the loss of her son, as she was the overprotective mother figure, so losing Mangetsu and believing she won't see Gengetsu (as just had the thought as I type this, Possibily believing her first son died aswell) leaving her alone with no purpose. That itself is scary, and I agree with ViRGE on the amount of fear energy she has been hoarding for herself.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

kinda interesting. i liked the tiny fight too which got me to score it higher.
perhaps there is a reason they wanted it out on valentines day? jyuohger i mean?
perhaps they felt Ninninger vs Toqger would be good enough for your sentai fix that week?
suffice to say ninninger has more cameos of past sentai team members than any other series? (excluding gokaiger because it was sort of a prerequisite.)

as for Ariake, she clearly exploded so im going with all her hoarded fear energy was released.

EDIT: now i have something of a curiosity. why did Kyuuemon hide his ID from Tsugumori and the rest? if anything wouldnt it have helped to be upfront with them?
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I give it a 3 for being a clip show that wasn't completely mind-numbing, as well as not trying to crowbar in a mecha battle just to have the mecha battle. It seems like a bit of thought actually went into the episode, and I'll applaud that.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
HyouRetsuzan
Adventure

Post by HyouRetsuzan »

is it me or kibaoni revival scene is a bit similar to doukoku sanzu river flood?

also shurikenger only shows up for card game with them... i was hoping he would do something or give something to the ninnins :(
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

It's the last four-five episodes. They got all they were going to be given.

I'm surprised though we haven't had the return of the movie mecha yet.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Kuchiri wrote:I'm surprised though we haven't had the return of the movie mecha yet.
That's a good point. If it hasn't shown up by now it likely won't show up at all. It had a physical suit so you would think it would get used. But then again it was pretty heavy on the CGI overall.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

By the way, im kinda surprised no one has spoken about the preview.

Spoiler
Did you noticed who was with the ninningers on the cockpit?
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

eijiman wrote:By the way, im kinda surprised no one has spoken about the preview.

Spoiler
Did you noticed who was with the ninningers on the cockpit?
well we shouldnt discuss spoilers more than the actual episode, but that spoiler had more than a few crazy things in it.
and yes i was disappointed by the no shurikenger shuriken, and yeah! were IS dinomaru?! though wasnt his shuriken used for the gekiastsu otominin? so maybe they dont want confusion between the 2?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Guys, are you forgetting about Toqger and its lack of movie mecha in the series last year? I rather have no movie mecha appearing at all than have it in a pointless one-off appearance.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”