Two week break for Ninninger

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Two week break for Ninninger

Post by takenoko »

Ninninger will be back on the 17th! It's off next week, and the week after that they're showing TOQ VS Kyou at 7 AM which will overlap the Ninnin timeslot.

How will you spend your two weeks free of Ninnin?

How will we?!
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Two week break for Ninninger

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

is Ghost on break, too? because I won't mind not having Ninninger away for a bit, but Ghost is actually interesting.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Conan_Edogawa wrote:is Ghost on break, too? because I won't mind not having Ninninger away for a bit, but Ghost is actually interesting.
Ghost is still on for both weeks, the movie (on the 10th) just cuts out the show before Ninninger and Ninnin itself.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

No, Ghost has a one week break, but will air the 10th.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Ah, my mistake then. I think it's that I didn't see any messages during Ghost's preview that I assumed the wrong way for the 3rd.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

So what's on next week that's taking the place of both SHT shows? I feel like after so many years I should know the answer to this one, but the only break I ever remember is the golf break.
PHurricane wrote:Very strange to see the Toqger/Kyouryuuger movie replacing Ninninger’s episode slot. Wonder if there was a problem with production or they decided when they wanted the new series to air and didn’t have enough episodes to fill up time until then.
I agree it's very strange (someone else pointed out this hasn't happened for a quarter-century). Ninnin 44 is obviously in the can as they used it for the preview. But what could be so problematic that even with the usual 1 week break they can't catch up? I suspect we'll never get the answer to this, but it's definitely weird and I really doubt the answer is "to promote the Sentai Vs. movie."
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

It's worth pointing out that, unlike Drive and Go Princess, Ninninger wasn't pre-empted for Golf this year. It's possible they're just giving it the break it didn't get in the summer.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

ViRGE wrote:So what's on next week that's taking the place of both SHT shows? I feel like after so many years I should know the answer to this one, but the only break I ever remember is the golf break.
It's New Year's. Unlike in the West, Japan is very big on celebrating New Year's Day where we tend to celebrate Christmas a lot more than New Year's Day.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

I'll be using it to catch up on shows like Ghost and Go Princess Precure. And then maybe watch the Garo Gold Storm movie so I can watch the series proper.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It's being replaced by a 6 hour New Year's special
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

PHurricane wrote:Very strange to see the Toqger/Kyouryuuger movie replacing Ninninger’s episode slot. Wonder if there was a problem with production or they decided when they wanted the new series to air and didn’t have enough episodes to fill up time until then.
I agree it's very strange (someone else pointed out this hasn't happened for a quarter-century). Ninnin 44 is obviously in the can as they used it for the preview. But what could be so problematic that even with the usual 1 week break they can't catch up? I suspect we'll never get the answer to this, but it's definitely weird and I really doubt the answer is "to promote the Sentai Vs. movie."[/quote]

Who knows? If I'm allowed to speculate, maybe things got wonky with Ninninger getting preempted by the journalist who got by ISIS that didn't affect Drive (Yeah, I know it was actually ToQger that got preempted but it was 2 weeks before Ninninger premiered). I don't know. Maybe it's what Howling Snail said and it's the lack of golf preemption then... which, in and of itself, COULD be because of the ISIS related preemption. That plus Toei only budgeting for a certain number of episodes and it just working out they need to not show a new episode then to give Jyuuoger (or however the heck it's spelled) time to get episodes ready.

I don't know. All I do know it stinks. Not my favorite Sentai but the endgame arc is always my favorite. How the heck do Power Ranger fans make it through months of no airing? ;)

Anyway, I'll do what the Romans do: watch ToQ vs Kyoryu. At least it's the film the Ninningers cameoed in & I'm sure there's a little truth in that it promotes the new team up.

Which leads to the real question... what are they gonna cut to fit ToQ vs Kyoryu into an hour slot, even if there are no commercials (as if :) )
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

The entire thing of being off for two weeks could easily be blamed on Decade as well.

ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:It's being replaced by a 6 hour New Year's special
Thanks Luna.:)
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

I think I'm gonna use those two weeks to catch up. I severely behind. Like I'm on episode 17 or something.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

So, what will TVNihon be releasing in NiNinger Ghost's place?
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”