Ninninger 46 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:27 am

☆☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆☆
10%
☆☆☆
20%
☆☆
10%
35%

Total votes: 20
Cyberman
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Re: Ninninger 46 sanjou!

Post by Cyberman »

takenoko wrote:No, Grandpa wasn't the one who sealed Kibaoni away 444 years ago. He only partially sealed Kibaoni away when he revived as a Youkai in this century. There's been generations of Igasaki since the Sengoku Era.
That made me wonder what made Kibaoni revived as a Youkai before he got partially sealed away by Grandpa. I bet it was Gedoshu from Shinkenger since they are similar to Kibaoni Army Corp minus the Sanzu River of course! Then that meant Grandpa have been dead for last 7 years or so.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Kamen Rider Gumo wrote:Still better than Toqger. No other Sentai show has made me hate every single character. At least Ninninger has characters I like and can care about. Yes, Takaharu gets more attention than the others - not all that unheard of in Sentai. Go-Busters, Gekiranger and Magiranger all tended to have more focus on their Red. Some shows do, some don't. it happens. But at least Kinji's story was interesting. I genuinely care about Yakumo finishing his training as a wizard and Kasumi's efforts in college. I like that Nagi refuses to ever give up and is constantly pushing the boundaries of what he can do (arguably putting more actual effort into his studies than anyone else). Fuuka (aside from being absolutely adorable) is the glue that binds them together, reminds them of who they are and what they're fighting for, and I always enjoy seeing that sort of character. She's not the best fighter, but she's far from useless - which is more than I can say for Yoko from Go-Busters or Mio and Kagura from Toqger. Overall, this has been an immensely enjoyable series for me. Perfect? No; it had problems, as all shows do (except Ohranger...I think that was as close to perfection as you could get), but it's been a heck of a ride and I'm very much looking forward to Zyuohger.
If you believe this sentai is better than ToQGer, I think that you like the individual focus rather than Sentai team focus. In recents years, ToQGer has familiar concept on Sentai, rather than Kamen Rider concept on it such as Kyoryuger, Ninninger. Most of characters in Ninninger is useless except Kasumi. However she has a small role in this series because of Takaharu and the main writer Shimoyama Kento.

In my opinion, Ninninger is worst Sentai of 21st century at current. Another in 20th century is Carranger. Bad acting, bad wtiring, bad story and too many cameos although it is not anniversary series. I'm so glad when this series will be finished this week.
Last edited by kangchan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

kangchan wrote:In recents years, ToQGer has familiar concept on Sentai, rather than Kamen Rider concept on it such as Kyoryuger, Ninninger.
What about Go-busters? Everything bent over backwards to make it about Hiromu in the end.
(Unlike something like Maskman where everything from ep1 was about Red Mask finding Mio and the others were just a supporting pit crew.)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: What about Go-busters? Everything bent over backwards to make it about Hiromu in the end.
(Unlike something like Maskman where everything from ep1 was about Red Mask finding Mio and the others were just a supporting pit crew.)
But at least it wasn't Hiromu all the time every episode from the start.

Up until now Goseiger was my worst sentai ever but Ninninger knocks it out of the park. At least Goseiger gave relatively equal screen time to all of its characters and had a power up for everyone. (still waiting on Kasumi and Fuuka powerups, any time now Toei, chop chop)
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
kangchan wrote:In recents years, ToQGer has familiar concept on Sentai, rather than Kamen Rider concept on it such as Kyoryuger, Ninninger.
What about Go-busters? Everything bent over backwards to make it about Hiromu in the end.
Every Sentai usually has more focus on Red, such as Yuusuke / Liveman, Kenta / Megaranger, Ryouma / Gingaman, Sousuke / Go-Onger, Takeru / Shinkenger etc. However, the other team members still have spotlight with their own episodes and contribute it to the meaning of "Sentai". It is not in the ball with Ninninger (and Kyoryuger, however it happen since King had Carnival in later half series) when Takaharu always has spotlight in each episode with his stupid and arrogant personality.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Up until now Goseiger was my worst sentai ever but Ninninger knocks it out of the park. At least Goseiger gave relatively equal screen time to all of its characters and had a power up for everyone. (still waiting on Kasumi and Fuuka powerups, any time now Toei, chop chop)
Ditto. This is definitely a new low, lower than even bland Goseiger.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I never understood the complaint that Kyouryuuger was an unbalanced Sentai. It really felt like the non-main four and Ucchii were very well realized. Plus they even had spirit rangers that were all super likable and interesting, as well as Torin and Daigo's dad. Just to put a theory out there, would I be out of line to say that people who think Kyouryuuger is to red-heavy also don't like Daigo himself?

Because that's sort of my problem with Ninninger. Yeah, the balance is too red-focused, but with Ninninger, my problem is that Takaharu is such a damn stick in the mud. He's not passionate, he's not charismatic, he's not likable. 99% of the things he says is his damn catch phrase (a problem the greatly hampers Yakumo too) While Fuuka got the short end of the stick and Yakumo's stories are kind of dumb, I don't particularly feel like Ninninger's balance was that horrid. It just made me flagrantly mad at Takaharu when he got focus because he didn't complement the story in a way that was additive. Plus, I fucking hate the guy. Also, the writer was lazy. He never tried to make Takaharu interesting or likable, he just had the characters stand around and go "Where's Takaharu? He should take over now." How often do we see Akaninger prove that he's stronger than everyone else? Because we see Momoninger do amazing things with the mecha or Nagi constantly showing how clever he is. We see a lot of characters say Takaharu is strong, but...

And that's part of the big problem.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

takenoko wrote:I never understood the complaint that Kyouryuuger was an unbalanced Sentai. It really felt like the non-main four and Ucchii were very well realized. Plus they even had spirit rangers that were all super likable and interesting, as well as Torin and Daigo's dad. Just to put a theory out there, would I be out of line to say that people who think Kyouryuuger is to red-heavy also don't like Daigo himself?
In my opinion (and also most of my friends), the problem in Kyoryuger is that since King got power up, the story is focus around King rather than others. Moreover, King also finished the final boss by himself with the "buff by song" by his team. It make me feel like King has all spotlight in the second half of series. But since I have watched Ninninger, I slowly change my mind about Kyoryuger. And I feel like it good now, when compare with Ninninger.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

takenoko wrote:I never understood the complaint that Kyouryuuger was an unbalanced Sentai. It really felt like the non-main four and Ucchii were very well realized. Plus they even had spirit rangers that were all super likable and interesting, as well as Torin and Daigo's dad. Just to put a theory out there, would I be out of line to say that people who think Kyouryuuger is to red-heavy also don't like Daigo himself?
I'm fairly certain that is the reason why some people don't like Kyoryuger. While I enjoyed Kyoryuger, I can understand their point: a lot of the story lines did center around Daigo, and he was even singled out from the group on a few of the main parts of the story. Carnival, for instance, was strictly Daigo's, and scenes with Carnival seemed to push the others aside. He also went alone for the final boss (ironically, the exact same thing has happened with Ninninger). Personally, I felt it was a little strange that his nickname was "king", which kind of implied Daigo was a little more important than the rest.

That said, I agree that the rest of the team was well represented. Each of the characters seemed to have a section of the show that was devoted to their own struggles, and Daigo was the one that brought all the stories together. I think some people forget that, in the start of the series, they didn't know who was in the suits, and Daigo was the only one who was willing to show his face to the others. Yes, he got a lot of screen-time and it was ultimately a story that pushed him to the front of everything, but the writers presented a valid reason why he was such a prominent character.

Let me ask you this though, Take: If we were to re-do the series completely and leave Takaharu alone as he is, would fleshing out the other 5 characters "save" the series for you? Specifically, I'm saying we'd leave Takaharu completely as-is. His mannerisms, personality, and everything he said (within reason) was left alone. I ask because I've often wondered if I would see the series differently if each character had just one extra focus episode.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't think so. For me, Takaharu is what spoils the whole broth. Like even a show that's neutral/boring is infinitely times more palatable than a show that actively annoys you. To save Ninninger, you have to fix Takaharu's character.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

takenoko wrote: We see a lot of characters say Takaharu is strong, but...

And that's part of the big problem.
That's the point of my previous post :P

Even Grandpa has no idea why Takaharu is strong.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

it started strong, but then died out a bit but i liked this episode as i felt it was a good calm before the storm.

but yeah they werent a team really they just sorta blended well together.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

kangchan wrote:
Kamen Rider Gumo wrote:Still better than Toqger. No other Sentai show has made me hate every single character. At least Ninninger has characters I like and can care about. Yes, Takaharu gets more attention than the others - not all that unheard of in Sentai. Go-Busters, Gekiranger and Magiranger all tended to have more focus on their Red. Some shows do, some don't. it happens. But at least Kinji's story was interesting. I genuinely care about Yakumo finishing his training as a wizard and Kasumi's efforts in college. I like that Nagi refuses to ever give up and is constantly pushing the boundaries of what he can do (arguably putting more actual effort into his studies than anyone else). Fuuka (aside from being absolutely adorable) is the glue that binds them together, reminds them of who they are and what they're fighting for, and I always enjoy seeing that sort of character. She's not the best fighter, but she's far from useless - which is more than I can say for Yoko from Go-Busters or Mio and Kagura from Toqger. Overall, this has been an immensely enjoyable series for me. Perfect? No; it had problems, as all shows do (except Ohranger...I think that was as close to perfection as you could get), but it's been a heck of a ride and I'm very much looking forward to Zyuohger.
If you believe this sentai is better than ToQGer, I think that you like the individual focus rather than Sentai team focus. In recents years, ToQGer has familiar concept on Sentai, rather than Kamen Rider concept on it such as Kyoryuger, Ninninger. Most of characters in Ninninger is useless except Kasumi. However she has a small role in this series because of Takaharu and the main writer Shimoyama Kento.

In my opinion, Ninninger is worst Sentai of 21st century at current. Another in 20th century is Carranger. Bad acting, bad wtiring, bad story and too many cameos although it is not anniversary series. I'm so glad when this series will be finished this week.
I actually don't have a preference to the "team focus" versus "individual focus" - both have their good points and bad points. Ninninger seemed from the outset to be primarily Takaharu's story and they have stuck to that, for good or for ill. The primary reason I hated Toqger so much was that the main characters all acted like bloody children. (Granted, we eventually got an explanation for most of this, but it didn't help things any. Not with that stupid puppet, anyway.) It also had some of the laziest and most uninspired mecha designs I've ever seen. I'm not in love with Ninninger's mecha, but it seems like they at least put actual effort into them.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

Yaiba wrote:
takenoko wrote:Also, it looks like our Sealing Shuriken counter on our wiki is wrong. Kyuuemon uses 5 shurikens to transform, so we're up to 45 shurikens, when I think it's just supposed to be 44. Any idea where we went wrong?
Well, according to your count, up to ep 45 :
Ninningers had 40
Kyuuemon had 1 (used to revive Gabi Raizou)

This episode :
Kibaoni pulled 5 for Kyuuemon's evolution

40 +1 + 5 = 46

So it should be up to 46 anyway.

Grandpa pulled 1 from his belt before his disappeared but I don't know if that's a Sealing Shuriken.

And Ninningers vs Toqger probably has 1 too.
i thought about this one, perhaps the 2 from the kamen riader cross over didnt count as cannon?
GekiGokaiShinken
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Quote: Let's Party Night!

Post by GekiGokaiShinken »

I have a question that the series i doubt could answer. So Kibanoni was sealed away 444 years ago right? The Last Ninja "Died" then right? But he had a kid....Does that mean Fuuka's dad is over 444 years old? Meaning that Fuuka, Taka are extremely old but don't age like that? Was the "Dead" Grandpa able to mate later? can anyone clarify this for me?

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”