Ninninger Returns released

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:34 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
24%
☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆
18%
☆☆
6%
12%

Total votes: 17
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Re: Ninninger Returns released

Post by midorininger »

takenoko wrote: Green works well with their suit design. It seems too bad that it wasn't an actual regular character in the series. I don't think anyone had any doubts as to who Luna's secret identity was, but it was still a neat little addition.
yeah i wanted an extra green member and for it to be kyuuemon all year. so this greatly pleased me.
i have 2 reviews for this on youtube, 1 from watching raw and 1 from the sub you guys did. things i didnt mention in the reviews that i liked.
-seems like everyone had new moves except takaharu, who only had same moves and was seemingly not as strong.
-Luna's body language changed after revealing she was kyuuemon to be more like kyuuemon's, in particular as midoninger.
-if im not mistaken, aria no kata (mangetsu's mom) is the voice actress for sailormoon right? so when the ninnin girls defeated her and she commented she was beaten by anime i thought that was a nod/pun to her VA as moon crystal was/is current.
-dinomaru was all but forgotten so im glad he got another chance as i dont think he was in the VS movie either?
-yeah they didnt do enough with fuuka during the series, so im glad she shined the most, even defeating takaharu.
-it would seem from her studious nature that fuuka takes after her father, as she was focused on school work often enough, (while not as smart as kasume) so when Sakuroko said she was on fire i took it Takaharu took after his mom in the flashiness respect ... and thick headedness too since, as a japanese person, saw something in a shrine and failed to guess it might be important.

also, while i liked the midoninger costume, the shirt wasnt form fitted like shiro and momoninger's and im wondering if it was cheaper to do it that way or if it was a design aesthetic that a looser skirt means something as it seems the lengths of shiro and momo's skirt differ?

EDIT! forgot to meantion the Kyuuemon moment that made the movie! :ahem: Mangetsu trying to figure out Kyuuemon's gender, and Kyuuemon shouting that he was a man seemed like a nod to the fact we couldnt tell at first.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

The out of suit fight scenes are cool. Haven't watched Ninninger the series yet but this special is making me want to. :)
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Unless you're going to watch every Sentai series, your time would be better spent than watching Ninninger.

I would admit that this was pretty decent. They actually fixed Fuuka since she was useless to the point that they actually prove that she was in the series itself. I would like to imagine that Kasumi was doing the Ninnin Girls act to fund her actual research.

Also Tsumuji is a player with how he got Sakurako and seems like he was proud with that.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

njb wrote:The out of suit fight scenes are cool. Haven't watched Ninninger the series yet but this special is making me want to. :)
Don't listen to the haters; watch it and make your own judgment. I was one of the few defenders of Ninninger through its original run. Of course, of one the reasons I liked it so much was that it wasn't Toqger....and the reason most others hated it was that it wasn't Toqger. I have never and will never be able to understand what anyone saw in that show, since every character I was supposed to like just came off as a bunch of childish imbeciles (there were plotline reasons for that I won't spoil here, but that still didn't make it enjoyable for me). Ninninger had its rough spots, I admit, but it's a solid show overall and you'll definitely miss out if you skip it.

Kind of like watching Doctor Who and completely skipping the year of Ninth Doctor Christopher Eccleston, actually.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Kinda sad, this movie was all that ninninger should have been. And also it's kinda funny that ninninger got a good movie and Ghost a bad one.

Anyway, i liked this one more than others I have seen. I Liked Kyueemon as a ninninger also, but i think it would have been cool if when he revealed who he was, the suit changed to a male one.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

All the best parts of Ninninger with very few of the troubles. Would have love to see Yoshitaka's ghost instead of just a winking picture, though. Makes me miss Ninninger. It was grating at times, but still far more engaging than Jyuohger.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

eijiman wrote:Kinda sad, this movie was all that ninninger should have been. And also it's kinda funny that ninninger got a good movie and Ghost a bad one.
Unfortunately there's a big difference between theatrical movies and direct-to-TV (V-Cinema) movies. The latter are basically a TV episode that runs 2-3 times longer, written by the regular crew and fully in canon. The movies are movies, complete with higher production values (read: a need to get butts in seats) and a pretty healthy disregard for canon. They're designed specifically not to be too much like the TV series, unfortunately.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

ViRGE wrote:Unfortunately there's a big difference between theatrical movies and direct-to-TV (V-Cinema) movies. The latter are basically a TV episode that runs 2-3 times longer, written by the regular crew and fully in canon.
Eh, except for the GoGoV movie. That was released as a V-cinema and, although it would've been rather cool, the show itself makes no notions towards its existence.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

but, if it took place after the show, the show itself couldnt nod at something that hasnt happened yet?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

The GoGoV film? I think it took place during the show, they only had the mecha up till that point (so, late-20s) and the villains matched up (to an extent).
Not canonical though, of course.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

So here we are at last, I honestly struggled with the start of this returns movie maybe it was the Overpowered Red or the Anime attack but I wanted to stop the movie straight away. Honestly, I am glad i didn't, It was nice to see the cast back, seeing Takaharu more chill, Fuuka finally getting more spotlight, Kyuuemon returning. as everyone has already said, if the series was written like this then it would be higher ranked, Seeing Aria's and Kyuu's VA's in the film was a lovely touch.

P.S: I felt more uncomfortable by Aria and Mangestu's death scene than the confirmation about Yakumo's crush on Kasumi
dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

Interesting. I actually enjoyed Ninninger the series, but I thought this movie was messy and at times very annoying. There's a great story hidden somewhere in this movie, especially with Kyuuemon. And the winks to Megumi Han and Ariake no Kata's actress as well were lots of fun. But I thought they really dropped the ball here.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

Did people really not stick with ninninger?

it was soo good! I loved this returns Live action pretty cure suits being MORE powerful than the sentai versions?!? LMAO Very cool.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”