Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Finally finished the Garo series....

Post by Lunchboxx »

Took me about a week and a half, and multiple times trying to get seeds on batch files but I finally did it.

No words can really describe how awesome this show was. This is gonna be short because I'm still completely stunned over how awesome this was. And I'll be honest, this was the 2nd time I ever really did cry(Manly cry mind you :roll: ) over a toku show.

I just cannot rap my mind around just how epic, grand and just plain stunning how this series left me. I loved the plot for both seasons and the movies, I loved the creature effects, and I loved how they handled a subtle relationship with Kouga and Kaoru. I just love everything about it.

Random thoughts:

Yeah the CGI is largly heavy for this show, but I really did not mind it at all. To me this show was mix of real life, Anime, and a animated story book. The action scenes alone can only be on par with most outragous anime shows.

I want a Zaruba ring......Do they make merch rings from Garo?

Probably the only toku show I've seen that has nudity, but I'm satisfied in that it was not a major recurring thing. First season had I think 3 out of 25 that had nudity? They played it tastefully too.

Favorite Episode from season 1: the one where they killed off Jabi, a character I was beggining to really like. Thankfully she is brought back later, but at the time, I was shocked that she was killed so quickly and so suddenly.

Speaking of Jabi, her and Rekka are definatily my favorite female characters due tothe fact that they are REALLY leggy in those outfits. I keep averting my gaze to their legs each time they are on screen. :mrgreen:

Most disturbing episode: Episode 15. Just the way the Horror consumed the models and how they tortured them was very unsettling for me, yet I was also amazed at how well they performed it. Cause if they manage to disturb me, then they did their job right.

Most shocking episode: I forgot the episode number, but it was in season 2. It was the flashback episode to Kouga's training with his friends. I knew that giant ass horror would somehow be involved, but the sudden killing out the first kid out of nowhere actually made me jump. Also made me tear up at the end due to how sad and depressing it was. I figured at leastone of the kids would of died, but all of them? Jesus.

Favorite Male Character is really a tie between Rei and Leo. Gun to my head, I would go with Rei just for the sheer fact that he dual wields swords.

Overall, AWESOME series, and I'm hoping to see the next movie when it's made and subbed.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Finally finished the Garo series....

Post by Lunagel »

Oh they made Zaruba rings, but they don't anymore. Only ones you can find are on auction or in resale shops, most going easily for over 100 usd
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

$100?? Guess I gotta find a job REAL soon. :?
Nijiiro_no_Ryuu
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Souji Tendou
Favorite Band: Nightmare
My boom: Orson Scott Card
Quote: 戦わなければ、生き残れない!!
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Nijiiro_no_Ryuu »

I agree. There's no words to describe how awesome it was. I love the way that they tied in the plot from Red Requiem, since Red Requiem had originally seemed like it was just an excuse to have Kouga be somewhere different, fighting with different people, and having a girl use "ore" and kick ass. I also loved how they had episodes that focused solely on Rei, since, let's face it, he's a badass who has a sense of humor and wields dual swords, which when he's in armor can attach together, creating a double ended sword, which is just awesome in my book. :mrgreen:
I also loved the backstory that helped you realize just who they were fighting against, even if our heros didn't know. And let's face it, Matsuda Kenji as Baron the Thunder Knight -another blue wolf role (KIVA!!! :mrgreen: )- was just as amazing as ever. :D
I will forever hold GARO as one of the best toku shows I've seen.
Too bad the Madou Jewelry isn't made anymore. I'd love to have a Silva necklace or pin and Zaruba Ring. :cry:
In a world where "right and wrong" are not black and white but shades of gray, one man fights to protect the innocent with the fire of his convictions.
Doguso
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO/Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: W
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Doguso »

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/rosh ... -garo-r01/
They make a better quality Zaruba ring (IMO it looks nicer, I haven't bought it.. yet). But it's a lot of money.. use to be 500-550 a couple months ago though!!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That thing better actually talk
Nijiiro_no_Ryuu
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Souji Tendou
Favorite Band: Nightmare
My boom: Orson Scott Card
Quote: 戦わなければ、生き残れない!!
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Nijiiro_no_Ryuu »

OMG! I want that Zaruba ring!!!! Argh! if only I was millionaire or had at least several tens of thousands of dollars to spend, I would so buy all of them :cry: But as it is, no can do...
In a world where "right and wrong" are not black and white but shades of gray, one man fights to protect the innocent with the fire of his convictions.

Return to “Garo Season 1”