Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo HD remake, ep 4 skipped

Post by takenoko »

So here's something weird. It looks like they went from episode 3 to episode 5 for the HD remake airing. And next week is episode 6. So do you guys want us to keep the original episode numbers and just have a missing 4? Or do you want us to use the new numbering system? Sometimes people revise the episode airing for good reason. (I can't think of any reason why it would be here, besides episode 4 having low ratings).

Do you guys think episode 4 was permanently cut?
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Garo HD remake, ep 4 skipped

Post by Dragonfan »

I hope they didn't.

It was the first episode in which Taiga was mentioned (now it will 7, since I don't think they will put 4 between 6 and 7), we even see kid Kouga crying.

It was also the episode in which they introduce the green flames around the armour.

It is a weird thing indeed. Didn't they mention anything in the commentary track?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Interesting. Would there be something in that episode that isn't allowed on TV that was in 2004?

If they've decided to switch up the airing order though it's not too bad. Episodes 4 and 5 could be swapped around and not cause any issue in the plot.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's going to be on the Blu-Ray box set. So it wasn't permaxe. It might show up later.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Hmmm, unless there was some doctor scandal, I can't think of anything that fits. It's not even an episode that has nudity.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Phoenix512 wrote:It's going to be on the Blu-Ray box set. So it wasn't permaxe. It might show up later.
You know that because of the number of episodes included on the bluray, right? So it doesn't say where, but it has it.

Maybe the TV schedule doesn't let them air the full show, so they cut an episode? Then again, what a weird episode to cut, it has some important plot elements.
DekaChief
IXA
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by DekaChief »

Could they have skipped it because of the guy that stabbed 19 people in Japan earlier this week?
Spoiler
Peek a boo, Chuck Norris sees you! *roundhouse kick into oblivion*
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

DekaChief wrote:Could they have skipped it because of the guy that stabbed 19 people in Japan earlier this week?
No, the preview for last week showed episode 5 and the stabbing was after it aired.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

takenoko wrote:So do you guys want us to keep the original episode numbers and just have a missing 4? Or do you want us to use the new numbering system?
Technically speaking, these are reruns. They are HD-mastered reruns though. :) Stick with the original airing order.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
DekaChief
IXA
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by DekaChief »

Lunagel wrote:
DekaChief wrote:Could they have skipped it because of the guy that stabbed 19 people in Japan earlier this week?
No, the preview for last week showed episode 5 and the stabbing was after it aired.
Ok, I wasn't sure when the HD version of the show airs, and I haven't been downloading this version of Garo HD (waiting until the Blu-ray sourced versions start getting released)
Spoiler
Peek a boo, Chuck Norris sees you! *roundhouse kick into oblivion*
Aberration
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Band: Crowded House

Post by Aberration »

I'll throw out a theory: Maybe they want to air the 2-part version of "Beast of the White Night" as part of the package, but 27 episodes would be an odd series length that would throw the network's schedule out of whack, so their answer is to cut out two episodes in the middle?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Maybe. When an approaching a problem, it's important to ask the right questions. So let's summarize.

First, is this a skip or is this a cut? Because one would mean that episode 4 will air later in the season.

Next, why was it skipped or reordered? If it were cut, surely there must be a good reason why. Like Aberration's theory that they couldn't fit it in the allotted 2 quarter block or something. If it's a reorder, does the new order make more sense than the old one?
Arashi1984
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite Band: DUSTZ

Post by Arashi1984 »

I think you should keep the original numbers for the episodes. Hopefully they will air all episodes.
Kolk1604
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!

Post by Kolk1604 »

takenoko wrote:Maybe. When an approaching a problem, it's important to ask the right questions. So let's summarize.

First, is this a skip or is this a cut? Because one would mean that episode 4 will air later in the season.

Next, why was it skipped or reordered? If it were cut, surely there must be a good reason why. Like Aberration's theory that they couldn't fit it in the allotted 2 quarter block or something. If it's a reorder, does the new order make more sense than the old one?
How about an oopsies? Maybe they just forgot to air it. Kinda like...

- Canada Family aired Power Rangers SPD episode "Wormhole" by mistake back in 2005. Maybe the same thing happened here and they forgot to air the episode?

In the original order, Rei makes his debut in Ep #6. I don't see any issue if they shuffle around #4 and #5. I'm reading the summary to each episode and it actually makes more sense. Morax is defeated in Ep #3 and as a result, Kaoru moves into the guest room of the mansion, but that's not until Ep #5. So yeah, it would make more sense to swap those episodes around if that's what they did.

I don't think it was cut cause I don't see a reason. But I could be wrong.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Probably wasn't an accident, since they purposefully changed the preview last week to be episode 5. I remember looking at the script last week, and going huh (I didn't do the initial time shifting) but didn't think anything of it till now.

Return to “Garo Season 1”