Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Garo HD remake, ep 4 skipped

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Dang. That's a pity.

Question: Japan wouldn't allow marijuana enthusiasts like Seth Rogen into the country?

And this similar pull reminded me of something:
Spoiler
Similarly, episode 4 of Psycho-Pass' Extended Edition was pulled from Japanese TV due to a reported murder of a teenage girl and her classmate being the culprit. Shockingly, the pulled episode was the Oryo arc, with a similar and most horrifying MO.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

TypicalStandUser wrote:Question: Japan wouldn't allow marijuana enthusiasts like Seth Rogen into the country?
Definitely not, I know Britney Spears was refused entry about 10 years ago when she had that drug problem.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Japan, so judgmental
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

There was Ai Takabe who was a VA who got arrested on cocaine possession. The anime she voiced were removed from streaming services and was dropped by her agency soon after news of her arrest came out. Since then the charges against her were dropped but still has no agency and the anime hasn't fully returned.

So don't do drugs as a celeb and lose everything in Japan.
Aberration
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Band: Crowded House

Post by Aberration »

I know it's a different culture and I shouldn't judge, but this whole thing feels kinda gross. As far as we are from solving the drug problem, I thought it was generally accepted that trying to ignore the problem and hope it goes away is the worst solution. And even on a purely business level, all the other actors and people who collect royalties from reruns and streaming now lose out because of something one person did? Ugh.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, it's fine to have ideals, but that is way too extreme and punishing.

I also heavily dislike Japan's idol culture. If they date a guy they lose all their fans and work? That's super lame. And it's so competitive too, one mistake and the next pretty young thing replaces you.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Well, the thing with the idol world is far from what it was. I follow some AKB groups, and at the beginning they were banished from the group if they were caught, then they started with some weeks out, doesn't appear on a single or some things like that. And now it's simply ignored most of the times.
Nijiiro_no_Ryuu
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Souji Tendou
Favorite Band: Nightmare
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Orson Scott Card
Quote: 戦わなければ、生き残れない!!
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Nijiiro_no_Ryuu »

I know that they really are strict in the Asian countries on idols that do drugs or alcohol--like some Jpop idols from Johnny's Ent. who were caught smoking underage were pretty much either sidelined or kicked out; and a Kpop idol from Super Junior was basically suspended from doing activities with the rest of the group when he did a drive-by hitting of an empty parked car while drunk (after getting involved in a little drunken brawl the month before that he did not start) though he did turn himself in after he sobered up, but which made him eventually do his 2 years of military service before he could come back to the group. But I feel like the US is too lenient with our celebrities who do drugs and such things. Granted, Asian countries may be too strict on stuff like that, but I feel like it is better to send a message of "we are not going to put up with crap like that" than to be all "there there it's all right, here's a slap on the wrist, and we don't really care if you do it again, we'll just slap you on the wrist again." Just my two cents worth. Maybe the Asian countries will ease up a little bit after a while, and maybe the US will get a little stricter on ours, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part.
In a world where "right and wrong" are not black and white but shades of gray, one man fights to protect the innocent with the fire of his convictions.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I may be wrong but on the Facebook page apparently you guys say that it's because of a guest actor's use of drugs that episode 4 got the axe
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Kurokage X wrote:I may be wrong but on the Facebook page apparently you guys say that it's because of a guest actor's use of drugs that episode 4 got the axe
Yeah, the guest actor, the guy who played the Horror this episode.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Lunagel wrote:
Kurokage X wrote:I may be wrong but on the Facebook page apparently you guys say that it's because of a guest actor's use of drugs that episode 4 got the axe
Yeah, the guest actor, the guy who played the Horror this episode.
Shame, but somehow I figure it would be him
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Wow, so that's why, huh? It's like that in Korean drama/variety industry as well. Doing something illegal or scandal-like and network blacklist them, ban em, censor/blur their face (which looks dumb in some scenes)and etc. Usually, if it's something that's not relate to murder or very serious offense, they can return after few years of uhh doing nothing or charity work or whatever.

Kinda sucks how it would end up affecting others who have nothing to do with it, like that ep itself, actors, script, and whatever by removing that ep entirely. Glad it will end up on disc regardless.

So I guess in a sense only new fans (in Japan at least) will miss out what's going on so far?
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

Late to the party, but I just found this out: episode 4 WILL BE on the Blu-ray set. Here the episode list translated from the Amazon.co.jp site:
◎ content ◎
first story, "picture book" / second story, "Kageware" / The third story, "clock" / fourth story, "Supper" / fifth story, "Moonlight" /
sixth story, "beauty" / seventh story, "Ginga" / eighth story, "ring" / ninth episode "ordeal" / tenth story, "doll" /
eleventh episode "game" / twelfth story, "Taiga" / thirteenth story, "promise / fourteenth story," nightmare "/
fifteenth story," idol "/ sixteenth episode "red wine" / seventeenth story, "aquarium" / eighteenth story, "Sakaifu" /
nineteenth story, "black flame" / twentieth story, "life" / twenty-first story, "Madan" / second twenty-two story, "engraved" /
twenty-third story, "Kokorometsu" / twenty-fourth story, "girl" / twenty-fifth story, "hero" / TV unaired story "smile"
<TV Specials>
"of the Midnight Sun magical beast feature-length version of "
So the ban doesn't seem to be THAT permanent, thankfully. I'm relieved: the 3rd Pokémon short film hasn't been shown in Japan since 2009 because the narrator had a similar issue, so I was concerned. Good to know.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

Happy New Year!

Bringing up a sore subject.... will there be a HD-rerelease of episode 3 with the proper preview as well as the HD release of episode 4?
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yup, 4's in qc now. Happy birthday!

Return to “Garo Season 1”