Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Garo Full Series and Movie Discussion

Post by Arawynn »

I dont know why I didn't watch Garo before now. Its such an AWESOME show! I was kind of taken aback by the darkness of it at first. But then it is supposed to be a dark mature horror show. I'm so into it now that I am in love with Kouga <3
I actually downlaoded the Garo yami no terasu mono eps a couple weeks ago. Browsing through the forum threads for those eps I saw people missing Kouga and I decided to download season 1. And BOY I was hooked! :shock: .I can't seem to get enough of Garo.

Awesome job on the subs. I am now watching the specials and movie and season 2. :D
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Sorry, but Kaoru is the only one for me.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Arawynn »

My love or Kouga is kinda sorta hero worship mixed with fan girl infatuation. I do feel happy for Kouga-Kaoru. <3. The reason why I liked this show is because it turned into a romance. I'm a sucker for romances that are not easy.
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

Ok this is my first post on this forum. First off I'm a new Garo fan. I recently watched all of season 1, 2, and beginning of season 3. Along with all the current movies out there. My brother got me into it. I have to say this is the most epic show I've ever seen.

What I love about this show are many things:

-The overall light vs. dark always intrigues me but this is in a spiritual and not cheesy form.
-I for some reason am really drawn to darkness of the show and the overall feel of it. I just love that our hero fights at night in the city of Tokyo looking for darkness.
-The writing and creativity of the whole show is ridiculously imaginative and innovative. From the back story of the horrors, to makai knights, to the characters. I really love how each episode creates a new horror and how they came to be. I'm always wondering what the next horror will be like and where it will come from.
-Then comes my favorite character by far. Kouga! What an epic, stoic and awesome Makai Knight he is. I actually like the fact that he is all no nonsense and all duty. That is how a true hero or fighter of darkness should be if he wants to be the best and dispell darkness in a timely and effective manner. It also helps him to stay out emotional distractions that may impede his mission. However, of course he has a heart and can't help but help Kouru.
- Which brings me to my next favorite part. The relationship between Kouga and Kouru. They love each other and that is very evident but it's in a pure form. Kouga doesn't want to get to close as he knows it could only distract him from his duty as a Makai Knight yet he will always save her and go back to her at the end of the day. Kouru on the other hand is drawn to his mysteriousness and no matter what she's doing she will always look for him just to be in his presence. Kouru for Kouga embodies the major reason he is who he is. She represents every good person he tries to protect. So his stoic and seeming unemotional personality allows him to go out every single day and destroy darkness and little by little make the world a better place and the people more safe. Had he not been these things he wouldn't be suited to embody the Golden Knight. This is why the armor and Zaruba fully accept him. He is the epitome of a true Makai Knight as he doesn't allow himself to be distracted.

- Zaruba is my second favorite character. The bond between him and Kouga is nothing short of epic. The whole idea behind Zaruba and how he can sense evil and guide Kouga is so damn creative. I just love his look, his voice, and purpose. He has a sense of humor and a strong sense of loyalty towards Kouga. I will miss this relationship and was very sad in season 3 that Zaruba was no longer with a worthy Makai Knight like Kouga.

Then the overall Martial arts and the fighting choreography of every scene and the ability of the actors is uncanny. I actually prefer the fighting outside of the armor; as epic the armor is. The directing is also what makes this show. The director hits a home run every episode.

All in all I'm a huge fan of the entire series but season one and two along with the movies will always be my favorite. I like season 3 so far but noone can replace Kouga, Zero, Kouru, Jabbi, and Rekka. It's impossible to replace their awesome characters. I'm going to be watching the whole first couple seasons all over again this week. Can't get enough of it.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

This show is truly one of a kind. It's gonna be a bit before we see them, but there is both a movie for Zero and a TV series for Kouga's son coming out this year.
Meanwhile, I suggest Cutie Honey the Live. It's a somewhat dark themed show I think you'll enjoy.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

Saejima Kouga wrote:This show is truly one of a kind. It's gonna be a bit before we see them, but there is both a movie for Zero and a TV series for Kouga's son coming out this year.
Meanwhile, I suggest Cutie Honey the Live. It's a somewhat dark themed show I think you'll enjoy.
I'll check it out! Thanks! I know I'm pretty excited that they are going back to Kouga's timeline somewhat. At least it's his son and since it's his son maybe Kouga and Kaoru will be in the season somehow. We'll see. Finger's crossed. Still I feel this is better because his son seems to have Kouga's moves and if you look closely he does resemble Kouga.

Return to “Garo Season 1”