Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Garo 13 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

< Episode 12
Wiki
Episode 14>

Here's a clip show summarizing the first half of the series. Also the music video that comes with it is pulled from the episode itself so you don't have to pull the actual episode for the video.

Spoiler
I remember years ago that the twist at the end was pretty neat. Zaruba basically breaking the fourth wall while Kouga is fighting Horrors on a burning train that's falling is just funny.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Garo 13 released

Post by Catastrophe »

I’m not gonna lie. If there is one thing I absolutely hate about Tokusatsu, it is recap episodes. Kamen Rider is good with this as they usually save that crap for hyper battle videos, but I recall rescue force being pretty bad.

Although as you say, the ending offset it in a way, made it slightly funny, but I think it’s a cheap way of filling up an episode slot, just write another episode you lazy writers!

Rant over.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't mind recap episodes so much, mostly because they usually try to put an interesting spin on them at least. Like a writer still had to write all of Zaruba's lines for this episode. It also lets someone who got into the show at episode 5 sorta catch up on all the details before they move on to the next plotline

I remember that RyuKenDo did some excellent recaps episodes, which had a lot of amusing new material
KamenRiderKaibo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto

Post by KamenRiderKaibo »

306.91 MB? Wow the file is bigger than usual..
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Sometimes it happens. It all averages out to 932 mb over 4 episodes, so some will be bigger than 233, while others will be smaller

Just think of it like this, the bitrate is going where it's needed
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

I have to admit, my SMT Senses start tingling whenever I hear the actual names for the monsters in this show, but I wasn't expecting the triplets to be named Kerberos.

I don't mind recap episodes so much when it accomplishes something or ends up teaching us something we didn't already know about what goes on in the show. This one didn't entirely do much of either, but it was still interesting to hear Zaruba's commentary on stuff. The montage to Savior In The Dark was pretty awesome, too.

And yeah, I agree completely with Phoenix. Realizing at the end that not only has Zaruba been breaking the fourth wall the whole episode, but he's doing it in the middle of a fight, too? Hilarity. Who says this show doesn't have a sense of humor?
Map
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W/Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Decade/Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Favorite Band: AC/DC

Post by Map »

This is the best clip show I have ever watched.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I missed it the first few times through, but Zaruba cracks a little smile at the end. It's nice to know he can show emotion too, I like him as a character/ring.
DrinkItDown
RYUKI TARDFACE
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Faiz Bar Tender chic
Favorite Band: L'Arc en Ciel
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Cars i suppose

Post by DrinkItDown »

SCREW A NEW EPISODE, I HAVE CLIPS.

I feel like this is a really needed clip show though, it clarifies a lot of what is going on.
Old school TVN member
formerly FA|RokkumanEXE
kamenriderG
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: W, OOO, 555, ZX, etc
2nd Favorite Series: all the letters an #
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Disgaea!!!!
Quote: "put your hand in the oven 1 minute and it feels like and hour, watch OOO for and hour and it feels like a minute"

Post by kamenriderG »

i didnt knew the countdown hourglass was in the demon world, how he purifies the sword and the way they send horrors on 12-packs to the demon world so i think i learned something new today :D even if it is a recap episode Garo is still awesome including the ending.

im curious now how he ended figthing 5 horrors on a falling burning train?? xD
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

While I don't like clip shows in general, I feel that this one justifies itself as it comes off as a way for the show to 'spell things out' to the audience to make sure they have full understanding of the story. I remember appreciating this episode quite a lot when I first watched it. That, and the Saviour in The Dark at the end was AWESOME!!

Now off for the second part of the story, where things'll get crazier and more mind-screwing than ever.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

This was a very well made recap episode, instead of just showing clips of from the previous to pad out the episode, they actually go the extra mile with this and give alot of exposition that you didn't get in the series. Plus we get a kick ass music video & an epic twist ending of Garo kicking butt on a falling burning train car. As for the MV very enjoyable, pretty cool seeing the armor summon appear over the lyrics to highlight the them. I'm amazed at what can be done with the karaoke in these videos.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Arawynn »

This clip show filled a lot of gaps as to what happened till now. for instance the daggers after purifying the sword and how and why horrors target humans. While one is watching an action packed episode one tends not to notice the underlying details. This clip show clarified a lot of things. Listening to Zaruba is always fun. And Kouga <3
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

I'm not usually not a fan of clip shows but this one made it count, adding new info not in the episodes. All in all, pretty good for a clip show.

Catastrophe: in the producers' defense, they probably only had enough budget for 24 regular episodes and a clip show. I like to think they weren't lazy, they just needed to save up for the 2nd half.

Also, I watched episode 4 before the clip show (thanks to TV-Nihon's SD Garo subs) and noticed how they didn't show much from it. There were a few clips, but the villain in 4 was not mentioned in the clip show when Zaruba listed the ones Kouga fought. The coincedence is that episode 4 was the one skipped over in this HD run. I mean, it's the only filler episode if you think hard about it, but it's not a waste of time. I'm just curious as to whether it's just the creators aren't fans of it or something (the smart thing would be to watch the SD clip show and see if it got reed item, but it's late and I JUST thought of it) The mystery thickens.

In any case decent clip show ant next week's looks good. I'm just sorry I didn't watch Garo sooner :)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Monkeyjb1988 wrote:Also, I watched episode 4 before the clip show (thanks to TV-Nihon's SD Garo subs) and noticed how they didn't show much from it. There were a few clips, but the villain in 4 was not mentioned in the clip show when Zaruba listed the ones Kouga fought. The coincedence is that episode 4 was the one skipped over in this HD run. I mean, it's the only filler episode if you think hard about it, but it's not a waste of time. I'm just curious as to whether it's just the creators aren't fans of it or something (the smart thing would be to watch the SD clip show and see if it got reed item, but it's late and I JUST thought of it) The mystery thickens.
We mentioned it in the ep 5 thread but the guest actor doing the Horror for episode 4 was caught with amphetamines and has been blacklisted from the entertainment business so he's basically banned from appearing on-air ever again. It's possible they'll put the episode on the Blu-Ray but they won't show it on tv.

Return to “Garo Season 1”