Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Garo 20 DVD released

Post by Phoenix512 »

< Episode 19
Wiki
Episode 21>

Kaoru is nearly at the hundredth day mark as Kouga tries to get the one thing that will save her. But without a Makai Priest to guide him or unable to summon his armor, will Kaoru and Kouga come out of this alive?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Garo 20 DVD released

Post by Catastrophe »

This was the first scene of GARO I saw when I youtubed it ageeees ago. I like the philosophy the Dragon makes, saying that if Rei helps Kouga, then essentially it is adding Reis power to Kougas.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I kind of like how the series could have essentially just ended with this episode. Kaoru and Kouga make up. The major conflict afflicting those two has for all intents and purposes been cleared away. But they keep going because there's a bunch of loose strings to wrap up

As for the episode, I kind of like the Alice in Wonderland aspect of the Guren Forest. There's some surreal aspects, puzzle solving, and a forest battle with a mechanical dragon. Plus we get to see Zaruba show off some of his other abilities. All in all a good last arc episode
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

Did anyone else enjoy the visuals of Kouga and Rei with their full form weapons in hand? Kouga looked pretty impressive with that thing strapped to his back, but what sold it to me was the gold sword with the white jacket. Similarly, Rei looked just as visually impressive with the silver blades and black duster.

I agree that this could have made a good endpoint for the series, but it also could have been the official halfway point had the show run as long as a Sentai or a Rider series. Now that the whole "Kaoru's got a crosshair painted on her back" thing is over and done with, they could have gone into the two of them actually attempting a real relationship from here on out, and probably still would have had enough time to spare to do other stuff like fleshing out more of the backstory. Oh well.
Map
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W/Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Decade/Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Favorite Band: AC/DC

Post by Map »

Oh, I get it. Kouga is a knight and he's fighting a dragon. Though this is way cooler than just regular knights fighting regular dragons.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Yeah. He's a supernatural Knight fighting a mechanical dragon that shoots lasers and has buzzsaw hands.

I wish we could see more of the Grau Dragon, I like it.

Oh, and lets not forget that Zaruba shows us he is the man/ring. Spitting fire. Flying. I wish I had a ring that could do that.
Ash Rudel
Go Go!
Favorite series: Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: W, Kabuto, Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Obachan said this... "My evolution is faster than the light. Nothing in the whole universe can keep up with my evolution.

Post by Ash Rudel »

Gotta agree with Derek.
The visual of the knights using thier main weapons without the armor was a nice touch.
The dragon was one of the more interesting non-horror designs in the show.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Nice to see Kouga & Kaoru make up.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Arawynn »

I like the fact that this was a quest for the Varancas fruit. Knight on his steed, obstacles, dragon and a damsel in distress. All the elements for a smashing quest.
I love the way Kouga's expression changes everytime he looks at Kaoru. sigh <3
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki

Return to “Garo Season 1”