Garo 22 DVD Released

Post Reply
User avatar
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Posts: 6610
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:29 pm

Garo 22 DVD Released

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:31 pm

< Episode 21
Wiki
Episode 23>

Kaoru discovers that she is the Gate that will bring the ultimate Horror, Messiah to the human world. It's time to combine forces, Kouga and Rei.
Image

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Posts: 4364
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:47 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Garo 22 DVD Released

Post by Catastrophe » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:53 pm

I like this episode because it gives a lot of explanation. It's interesting that Barago was the master manipulator all along.

User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 28654
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: Garo 22 DVD Released

Post by takenoko » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:37 pm

One thing that I forget is that Kouga doesn't know that Barago killed his father. So it's kind of weird to me that he acts surprised about that information during the Bar Chess episode with Priest Amon

I do like the logical fact that Rei confuses Barago for Kouga, since Barago was Taiga's apprentice. It's only natural that their swordsmanship would be similar. But... I don't think it's ever made clear why he killed Shizuka and Rei's dad. Anyone have any theories on that?

User avatar
Funkatron
Infinity
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:54 am

Re: Garo 22 DVD Released

Post by Funkatron » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:59 pm

takenoko wrote:One thing that I forget is that Kouga doesn't know that Barago killed his father. So it's kind of weird to me that he acts surprised about that information during the Bar Chess episode with Priest Amon

I do like the logical fact that Rei confuses Barago for Kouga, since Barago was Taiga's apprentice. It's only natural that their swordsmanship would be similar. But... I don't think it's ever made clear why he killed Shizuka and Rei's dad. Anyone have any theories on that?
My guess was that Rei's Dad got too close to the truth and Barago came to shut him up. Rei's girl was just collateral damage.

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Posts: 4364
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:47 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Garo 22 DVD Released

Post by Catastrophe » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:20 pm

I have a theory, but it involves next episode, so I'll say it then as to not spoil anyone who hasn't seen the series before.

User avatar
ChelseaChampion
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:13 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"
Location: Some massage parlor

Re: Garo 22 DVD Released

Post by ChelseaChampion » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:15 am

oh man, this show is really touching!
who did sing the ending theme for this episode, btw?
Image
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide

User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 28654
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: Garo 22 DVD Released

Post by takenoko » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:17 am

It's Kouga's actor. More info on that on the front page

User avatar
Anime_freek22
Train man
Posts: 732
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:09 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."
Location: In the Kaibacave

Re: Garo 22 DVD Released

Post by Anime_freek22 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:41 pm

That was them singing all of the endings?
Image
I lost The Game!

User avatar
Map
Kamen Knight
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: W/Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Decade/Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Favorite Band: AC/DC

Re: Garo 22 DVD Released

Post by Map » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:18 pm

I have to say I like this version of the ending song much more than the original.
Image

That Guy
Save the life
Posts: 2341
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:16 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann
Location: Georgia, US

Re: Garo 22 DVD Released

Post by That Guy » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:25 pm

Anime_freek22 wrote:That was them singing all of the endings?
Only from this episode onward.

Battra
Humongous
Posts: 1161
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:07 pm
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven
Location: Somewhere on Earth

Re: Garo 22 DVD Released

Post by Battra » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Nice touch with by Kaoru's father leaving the last pages blank so kids could could make up their own ending to the story. Barago certainly has an interesting way of picking Kaoru to be the chosen one, her being the sixth child and six years old I can understand but six flowers? That just seems like abit of a stretch, but I guess when summoning the Ultimate Horror one can't be to picky.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

User avatar
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:20 am
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Garo 22 DVD Released

Post by Arawynn » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:08 pm

Battra wrote:Nice touch with by Kaoru's father leaving the last pages blank so kids could could make up their own ending to the story. Barago certainly has an interesting way of picking Kaoru to be the chosen one, her being the sixth child and six years old I can understand but six flowers? That just seems like abit of a stretch, but I guess when summoning the Ultimate Horror one can't be to picky.

I think the 6 flowers was just a coincidence and it was taken as a sign by Barago that Kaoru was the right person to mark.
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki

Post Reply

Return to “Garo Season 1”