2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Re: Garo Gaiden: Tougen no Fue released

Post by StereotypeAsian »

Everyone talks about how strange it is seeing Kenji and Tousei side by side. I take that as a sign of a great actor. He can sell any role, from quirky boss from Ryuki, heroic father in Shinkenger, badass knight here, and wimpy evil bossman in Yami.

The actress of Agi, heaven helps me, she looks so familiar. What other roles has she played?

Shiguto riding that brush is very reminiscent of a video game franchise back in China, where the heroes can ride their weapons.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I dunno since she didn't have a wiki page. Her smile very much reminds me of Yuri from Kiva though.
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

takenoko wrote:Oh yeah, I totally meant to mention that. The two ladies are Kaoru's actress and Shion/Gigi's actress.
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Gaide ... Fue#Trivia
Thank you! But how the hell did I not recognise Kaoru? Seriously, it looks like a totally different person to me!

Umm... I guess this means I'll have to marathon Garo right from the beginning to refresh my memory... :wink:
abazigal
7X

Post by abazigal »

I had completely no idea Tousei's actor also played Rekka's father. It was a real "WTF?!?" moment, even though I know that the two have nothing in common.

I know they have no plans to overwrite the "Females can't be Makai Knights" rule, but it would be cool if Rekka could summon his armour for just one fight. Wishful thinking, I guess.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Tougen 720p is now up on the tracker which includes 720p versions of the bonus features as well.
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

I like how each installment of -GARO- is different and sofar each has ending in some huge battle. I enjoyed TnF was nice seeing Rekka & Jabbi again.
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

takenoko wrote:I dunno since she didn't have a wiki page. Her smile very much reminds me of Yuri from Kiva though.
Oh wait, I'm rewatching like episode 18 of makai senki
and I think she played Gigi, that weird thing that was with SIgma
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

She played Gigi, she played the horror on the manhole episode, and she played the horror girl in Red Requiem.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

dat20091 wrote:
takenoko wrote:I dunno since she didn't have a wiki page. Her smile very much reminds me of Yuri from Kiva though.
Oh wait, I'm rewatching like episode 18 of makai senki
and I think she played Gigi, that weird thing that was with SIgma
I was answering Stereotypical Asian's post about Agi's actress, Takiuchi Kumi.

You're thinking of Eguchi Hiromi who wasn't in this movie, but did show up during the final day filming:
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Eguchi_Hiromi
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

takenoko wrote:
I was answering Stereotypical Asian's post about Agi's actress, Takiuchi Kumi.

You're thinking of Eguchi Hiromi who wasn't in this movie, but did show up during the final day filming:
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Eguchi_Hiromi
Yea, them supporting the filming by going to the green screen room in the making of video
Dragonfan wrote:She played Gigi, she played the horror on the manhole episode, and she played the horror girl in Red Requiem.
lol totally forgot she was that horror girl
Well didn't watch red requiem in a while
It's cool how she's a reoccuring actor in garo :)
was she part of YWTM?

Rewatching Makai senki is pretty interesting as I noticed things I wouldn't have other wise
like the fact that they showed Sigma's scar in episode 21 which made Kouga realize he's Purple
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>was she part of YWTM?

No. That's why I gave you that link so you could see all her related works
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

This was a good movie. I was wondering if the idea of an all female-cast Garo would go but I thought this allowed for Jabi and Rekka to look cool and stand out on their own. I can never get tired of seeing Rekka's legs and I wonder if it's in her contract to constantly show them off. Just kidding. Jabi was made to look a veteran Makai Priest who you shouldn't mess with. About the two girls, they did what they were able to do. That random kiss was weird. I assume they are lesbians? Poor Shiguto for being the token male of this show only to look weak compared to everyone else. The filming for this movie must've got completed quick because there weren't many locations they shot at.
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

Finally got around to watching the movie. Rekka seems as impulsive as ever in the movie, easily being mislead by Magi. Jabi shows why she's the best priestess again by not trusting Agi and saving Rekka. Shiguto did better than I thought he would against the two evil priestesses, considering he's definitely one of the weakest priests around and was out-numbered. Maybe he's gotten a little stronger.

Other things I noticed: misspelling of fairs at the end of the moving, should be fares in that sense. Also checked out the Wiki, was checking to see if Kengi was Tousei, since I thought they looked familiar. Turns out I was right. I also read the overview of the movie, not sure if I agree with the assessment of the friends they were referring to with the "dual wielding friend" and "spell-using friend" lines. Pretty sure Jabi meant Rekka and Rekka meant Jabi(Jabi dual-wields her flags and Rekka uses that exact spell with her fish two minutes later).

Edit: I also felt that why Rekka was the flute wasn't explained very well.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Leonsagara wrote:Finally got around to watching the movie. Rekka seems as impulsive as ever in the movie, easily being mislead by Magi. Jabi shows why she's the best priestess again by not trusting Agi and saving Rekka. Shiguto did better than I thought he would against the two evil priestesses, considering he's definitely one of the weakest priests around and was out-numbered. Maybe he's gotten a little stronger.

Other things I noticed: misspelling of fairs at the end of the moving, should be fares in that sense. Also checked out the Wiki, was checking to see if Kengi was Tousei, since I thought they looked familiar. Turns out I was right. I also read the overview of the movie, not sure if I agree with the assessment of the friends they were referring to with the "dual wielding friend" and "spell-using friend" lines. Pretty sure Jabi meant Rekka and Rekka meant Jabi(Jabi dual-wields her flags and Rekka uses that exact spell with her fish two minutes later).

Edit: I also felt that why Rekka was the flute wasn't explained very well.
The assessment of the friends it's perfectly correct. When Rekka says the line, the Zero music starts playing (and she does the same movements and pose that Zero did againts Igari Juuzo) , and when Jabi makes the spell, Dan music starts playing. And the spell with the fish is not the same as the rock spell, that one is Dan's.

If you want the gossip explanation, watch the Girls talk :lol: .
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

So a gaiden for Rekka and Jabi. The only guy in it was completely useless haha.

Not a fan of the lesbian Priests and the plot was very simple, which isn't new in Garo...

But the action was good and the girls are awesome.

Return to “Garo Movies”