DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Ratings Poll: Garo ~Makai Senki~

Post by DaVinci030 »

The second Saejima Kouga TV series is good for me. The big battle between Knights, Priests and Horror Ganon is soooo cool. I got solid 5 for this.

What's your opinion, guys? Here's the poll.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Ratings Poll: Garo ~Makai Senki~

Post by takenoko »

4 for me. I have mixed feelings about this series. It was the long awaited return to TV for Garo... and it was full of high hopes and some disappointment. At the same time, we also saw the return of many guest stars from previous Garo series, which was delightful. But the Zero episodes were uninspired, and it felt like they weren't able to bring back most people to be around at the same time.

But it's also the closest we'll get to a work that will see the return of all the original Garo characters, so that's something to admire at least.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

It'll give it borderline 5/5. It was really nice seeing all important characters again, and likeable characters as well, like Rekka and Jabi. But the seal of destruction part feels very dragged, nothing was done about that until the end of the story.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

Giving it a four. They delivered a plot at the very beginning on the show and they slowly built on it. The final episodes was a shocking surprise to me. I don't know about an 5 since I felt that it was lacknig something
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I think this is the GARO series that had the best story and it made good use of the veteran cast. I'll actually give a 5 for once.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

This is a 5 for me. My favorite Garo series. The story, the characters, the actions, the OST, Leo, Rei, Wataru triple team against Sigma. Sigma is a beast of a bad guy. He's not overpower but also not a weakling either. He appeared frequently and his Horror mech battle against Zero and Garo was sweet.

The monster of the week isn't as inventive as the first season, but the series overall had lots of cool moments. I can go on and on about Makai Senki. I love the childhood chapter of Kouga and the three kids apprentice. With that cool subtle plot twist of purple. All in all, this is the Garo season to beat for me.
Sukeroku!
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto, Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Sukeroku! »

I'm voting a five because overall I really liked what they did with Makai Senki. It made a wise choice in choosing to develop the Garo world more than focusing strictly on the characters, since alot of the cast was already established. This series did the most for fleshing out the world that Garo takes place in and making it richer. The only thing I didn't really like was this was also the series that introduced the formula of creating a villain early on and then spending most of the series not focusing on the main story, but I don't really mind how it was handled in Makai Senki. I just don't like the trend.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

this series took a while after the 1st series. and yes it use many veteran characters from other Garo series.
it shows a good step up as the whole Makai world is seen broader in here. and now we're not only focus on Kouga.
i do like the ending as well as Kouga kinda gone.
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko

Return to “Makai Senki”